• Happy to ve Retired
    HI - I just changed some settings on my Firefox browser - and also cleared all of my cookies and history. Why? Because every time I open a webpage I get popup ads for wigs. I mean - they are all over the page. On the sides, on the top, on the bottom, and frequently right smack in the middle of whatever it is that I am reading. The biggest offender for me has been sister wigs - purposely misspelled.

Speaking of a constant reminder and distraction? I mean - pictures of wigs I might have looked at a couple of days earlier. I went 'wig shopping" over the weekend - so it has been pervasive since.

As i am in the wig closet - the last thing I want is to be looking at a computer screen with someone else - only to have pictures of wigs all over the screen.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this? BTW - I have not seen much of this from wigs.com.
  • Sunset
    YES, this is very annoying. I know what you're saying. If someone was at our house & used our computer, or was nearby, obviously they would know we've looked at wigs. This happens with anything else I look at. I looked at a storage shed the other day & now I see storage sheds popping up.
  • Moonlitnight
    Same here...all over my Skype. I now go with Duck Duck Go as my browser whenever I look at wigs or anything else of a personal nature.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    Great idea Moonlitnight - I just tested this idea and it appears to work. Duckduckgo it is.
  • Moonlitnight
    It will provide the privacy you need and you can put it on your browser bar.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.