• amyonwigs
    I just posted a new video on Human Hair Care. Human hair pieces are amazing. You just need to know, in advance, what will be required to keep them in tip-top shape.
    p.s. The wig I am wearing in the video is synthetic. It's Mariska by Jon Renau in the color Palm Springs.
    https://youtu.be/YcEqmyYNb7I

lfroxxjvyrcxujon.png
  • Moonlitnight
    This is very timely for me, Amy as my first HH wig arrives either today or tomorrow. It arrived in my town this morning. I am nervous as all get out as the roots are rather long and I've only ever done synthetic rooted in a pale coloured root.
  • Sunset
    I can't wait to hear how you are going to like your new HH wig. I hope it turns out to be everything you've ever wanted.
  • Moonlitnight
    It arrived and is on its way back, Sunset. :( :( :( It had lowlights that were almost red and this with the golden honeyish colour of the blonde was way too warm for me. I feel quite sick about it but keep telling myself, It's only hair.
  • amyonwigs
    I can't wait to see it!
  • Moonlitnight
    Please see posting before yours :(
  • amyonwigs
    ☹️☹️☹️☹️
  • Moonlitnight
    The wig quality was amazing.
  • Shar W
    Thank you for sharing. Great info since I just purchased my first HH wig.
  • Deleted User
    This user has been deleted and all their posts removed.
  • animallover
    I'm so sorry..I know how excited you were to receive it. It all is such a trial and error, isn't it? I hope you are feeling better today emotionally and have a much better day!! Hugs:heart:
  • animallover
    Why does the heart not post as a heart instead of the word!!???
  • Moonlitnight
    Because you need to leave a space after the colon that you typed after the word "hugs." I knew what you meant and thank you :) :heart:
  • Sunset
    Oh no, I'm so sorry it turned out to be a disappointment for you. Are there any wig shops anywhere near you to try on a HH hair wig? I bought my HH wig from a wig shop nearby. I didn't realize at the time the deal I was really given by only paying $450.00. This was four years ago. At the time I wasn't up on the prices of wigs, and especially HH. I think the guy actually felt really sorry for me by the lack of hair I have. He helps cancer patients all the time, and I also told him I've had breast cancer. There's got to be some place I would think. Maybe when you go visit your daughter in Vancouver there's some place there that helps women with hair loss. I feel so bad for you; I was hoping you would finally get what you've been looking for. (((hugs)))
  • Moonlitnight
    Sunset, thank you. I am working with the seller to get what I want. She will be offering customs soon. There is only one wig place in Vancouver and I don't like it. Yes, I was sooo disappointed! It was hugely expensive. But things could be worse. That was a heck of a deal for your wig and the wig shop man is clearly an Earth Angel. Bless him. xo
  • Happy to ve Retired
    i will say that if the style was what you wanted - the wigmaker will likely be able to duplicate the color you want. Perhaps send her a chunk of a synthetic wig you like so she can try to match it. Sounds like the wig itself was beautiful. Glad she is able to work with you.

I am now guessing that for hh wigs - which hopefully last years -it might be worth traveling to get what you want. If you can that is.

When Patti was still seeing clients / i travelled out to meet with her and bought my first wig that i wore in public. She thinned and styled it and frankly taught me so very much about wigs. Without that visit - i might well be just sitting in the house feeling bad about myself.

So actually meeting with a great wigster is worth the money and effort - at least for me.
  • Moonlitnight
    The seller doesn't make the wigs and I believe the customization is limited but we shall see. I am also looking at Hairalicious in Europe as they do fully customize. I like to know where my hair is coming from, which is something that is never revealed with the brands. There is a company in Wash. DC and NY that makes lovely wigs but for long, it would be about $4,000-6,000, a bit steep for me!
  • Happy to ve Retired
    A huge investment. Wigs in general take up too much financial and emotional space.
  • amyonwigs
    Thanks, Love! I was surprised myself at how much I LOVE the color!
  • Happy to ve Retired
    Remember the good wife? That wig was supposed to cost many thousands of dollars. It looked like it belonged on her - but it was very thick looking. We are just so used to seeing such thick hair on actresses. On me it would look like a helmet.
  • Moonlitnight
    Haha yes $10,000 apparently. I had the pleasure of chatting with her once. We were driving across the Lion's Gate Bridge where I used to live after a major windstorm. We were stationary and had no idea why. She was on the other side of the road as she had done a u-turn. She hung out the window, grinned and told my husband we would never get across as a huge tree had fallen across the Causeway. I asked her if she was filming in town (Duh, well of course, I lived in Hollywood North) and she said she thought Vancouver was the most beautiful place she'd been. Interesting. She had long, incredibly thick and wavy hair. This was a few years back and way before The Good Wife. What struck me about her was how sweet and helpful she was.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.