• Katooshie
    Does anyone know if there's a 30% sale in the future at wigs dot com? I need to order my fall wigs! :)
  • BeatA
    I mentioned that there are better sales out there sometimes and got queued for moderation :brow:
  • Moonlitnight
    I thought the whole purpose of this forum, in this day of transparency was to share wig news. I think it's inappropriate for customers to announce specific competitors' sales but the fact there IS competition, and one's customers know about it, should spur a company on to bigger and better services. Trying to keep these things quiet results in disgruntled customers. Loyalty, unfortunately, has suffered a widespread death both in the workplace and retail environment. Changing the point program so that one can no longer use them during sales, and not even grandfathering them, was a bad move in my opinion.
  • Moonlitnight
    :rofl: Amen Off the soapbox now.
  • Tammy
    Wait the point system is gone?
  • Moonlitnight
    No, Tammy, it is still there but you can no longer use your points when there is a sale on, despite the fact you earned them.
  • Tammy
    NO WORDS for this that would be appropriate.
  • Moonlitnight
    People who have saved their points are now wondering why, when wigs are always 30 - 35% off somewhere online, they would ever use their points. For "loyalty" point to work, there must be a benefit, or perceived benefit, and there is neither. People will stay loyal for other reasons of course, but the points system is no longer a reason to be—at least as far as I can see. I don't recall ever using earned points myself. I must go check sometime!
  • BeatA
    @TammyI used points once. I have $20 now that I won’t be able to use and they were earned before they changed the rules. I am pretty upset about that. Even though Carlize Personally sent me an email about it, i think the reasons are bogus ( competition with online cheap sites Chinese imitation sites etc) if they want people to be loyal then they have to earn our loyalty! I will probably use the $20 on something non wig related like the silicone sheet or a cheap halo to wear under a hat or chemo cap during a non sale.
  • Erzsike
    Amen to all of the above!
  • goldcapp
    Moonlitnight - You always make so much sense, and you are correct, loyalty seems to be gone in the market place. At any rate, the rewards for the points are minimal, and we should be able to use the few dollars whenever we order. I am totally with you on this! As for the sales (as someone asked), they are quite frequent in my opinion and usually on special holidays. Maybe there will be one coming up for Labor Day?
  • BeatA
    sigh, I wish they had some sales that were better than that. There are sites out there that have standard year round 30% off sales on all ( or most) name brand wigs and occasionally 35 or even 40%! Now that‘s a sale!
  • dc21
    I agree, I like the 35% and 40% off sales! Jon Renau raises their prices every Spring by 2-3% on their most popular styles. Costs seem to always rise. I have had excellent customer service when I have ordered through wigs.com, but I can get standard 30% off everyday and good customer service elsewhere too in addition to my order dropped shipped from the manufacturer without extra shipping. I won't pretend I order exclusively through wigs.com because I don't.
  • Moonlitnight
    This shipping is a real issue imo especially for us northerners. The company I order the most from ships free and I don't need to go into this again...FREE as opposed to $37 Canadian plus UPS brokerage fee plus two taxes. It's massive. They have 35% off on occasion, usually on a specific brand. For example, when RW did her promo recently, the sites were offering 30% off but this particular one was 35% off. I have seen "wigs" do a 50% off on Ferré though, to be fair.
  • dc21
    I feel for the Canadian buyers. The shipping costs and potential customs fees make some of the sales not even worth it. We all know that it takes a while to find the perfect style and color, so return shipping is also a factor.

The Louis Ferre 50% off sale is a good sale. I have not had any negative experiences with wigs.com . I am just admitting I am not exclusive to them.
  • Moonlitnight
    Fortunately, Customs rarely charges and, if they do, it is the two taxes, which total 14% plus a "service fee" from Canada Post...around $8. I believe. However, I was once dinged for duty as well...15.5%. If the wig isn't made in the US or Mexico, it attracts duty. There must have been a really special person on that day!
  • Erica
    the Back to Cool Sale starts tomorrow on Wigs.com :)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.