• Deleted User
    This user has been deleted and all their posts removed.
  • KellyA
    I dont like lace personally
  • KB7707
    do you just wear basic caps?? How do make the hairline look so “real”? Referring to your profile picture!!!
  • Deleted User
  • Moonlitnight
    What a lovely photo! I have lace fronts. The RW lacefronts are simply amazing. However, my hair has rubbed off a full inch due to lace fronts. They create a lot of friction and I can't wear a band under them as it can be seen through the lace. I don't care for bangs on me but I agree that you wouldn't need a lacefront if your hair were coming forward.
  • Al O'pecia
    It may be overkill, but I like to have a lace front. It is windy here, and bangs can blow every which way. Plus especially a side bang like you are wearing in your picture, if not combed carefully as you did, can still leave a little spot of wigness. I really dislike the unavoidably wiggy things about wigs, why have any that are unnecessary?
  • Katooshie
    My Vivica Fox Brie does not have a lace front. The bangs are enough! I also have Vivica Fox Britney which is the same style, but a little longer, and has a lace front. I switch to Britney if I want to pull my hair back in front. :) Alex...you look so fetch!
  • Shar W
    I think if it has bangs you don't really need a lace front. But if you want the option to sweep the bangs off to the side a bit, it helps having a lace front.
  • Moonlitnight
    I am wearing a band and Shilo today - in the house, and I look like someone in drag. That is what long wigs that don't have lacefronts do to my appearance.
  • Al O'pecia
    Hahaha...sorry but too funny, great visual. I won't even tell you what I look like around the house. Let's just say I have a series of wigs. At the top is my current going-out piece, at the bottom is the one I run and bike in. But next to the bottom is my rattling around the house one. Sometimes I don't even think I have it on straight. :rofl:
  • Moonlitnight
    Maybe you have it on back to front so that the "hanging commas" are over your eyes. :rofl:
  • Deleted User
  • Al O'pecia
    It could happen! Haha!!
  • Sunset
    My HH wig does not have a lace front & I'm OK with that because it has bangs. I would prefer to have a lace front just in case the wind blows the bangs back. My next HH wig I'm ordering a lace front; I didn't even know about them when I got this wig four years ago.
  • dc21
    I guess it is preference.. I have tried enough wigs to know I prefer lace fronts personally. I don't like the bulk in the bang area that most non lace front wigs seem to have. Some have a poly strip under the bangs that shows through too. Also, I possess zero styling skills. There are people who love to play with wigs and can do amazing customization to their units to make them look real even without mono or lace features.
  • KellyA
    I wear toppers with my bio hair pulled over the hair line
  • Misty
    Beautiful photo Alex. I love my lace fronts, regardless of bangs. I live in a quite windy place, and need the lace to make the front look natural when the bangs get blown all over the place.
  • Dogmom
    You look great Alex! As always!
  • BeatA
    The short answer is „no“ the long answer is but I still like the lace fron in case you want to style it out of the face or are planning to go outside where there is a breeze or even wind.
  • BeautyWithin
    I think it depends on the style of bangs. It they are sideswept, lace could add to the realism. It the bangs are straight down or full coverage (as in Alex's pic) I don't think lace front is necessary. And of course, it is totally up to the wearer. : )
  • Happy to ve Retired
    I wear bangs and much prefer lace front. They dont slip on my head the way a basic cap does. My bangs are dirty bangs so on clise inspection you can see tye “scalp”.
  • alicexm
    All my wigs are lace front, even the ones with side swept bangs. I have a high forehead by nature, so with a lace front and got2b I’ve actually been able to lower my “hairline”.
  • Melody
    I wore bangs for years and never needed a lace front. In fact, having a lace front made it harder for me to style the bangs. c3l192vs03wmly48.jpg
  • Melody
    I have a high forehead too and love the ability to lower my hairline with a lace front! Now I can go without bangs which is such a relief. For so many years I had to cut and style bangs and it was a pain in the butt!
  • Dogmom
    OMG, funny you should mention " around the house" I look like "Hanna The Homeless Homely" I would cause a traffic accident, and I don't mean because they are all whistling at me!!! LMAO!!! I have a basket of wigs that I call my "shit" wigs, they are old and worn and only for the gym and around the house. LMAO
  • Al O'pecia
    Me too! I'll wear em until they are scraggly beyond hope for exercise or just hanging out.
  • Deleted User
  • Uriela
    I wear bangs and I hate the lace front because it is itchy. I am so happy that my latest purchase of Abbey by Envy (for which I had bangs cut) does not have the lace front.
  • VocalEyes
    I like having the lace front with bangs. I usually get whispy bangs cut in and if it gets windy, I feel more secure in my wig still looking natural.
  • Crystal
    You by EW, my favorite wig right now, doesn't have a lace front. The bangs cover enough that I don't really worry about it. To me, non lace fronts are also more comfortable.
  • Twinkle
    Hi!!!! Question!! :chin: I have never worn a lace front because I always wear bangs. But I was thinking of trying one. Then, I saw your statement that you lost an inch of hair??? Now, I’m worried!!! I still have a hairline. Do you really think it was because of the lace front? Maybe I should stick to non lace. I need your advice! You are always such a sage for meeeee!! Thank you!!!!
  • Moonlitnight
    Hi Twinkle. Yes, most definitely caused by the lace fronts. My hair remains intact everywhere else, but broke right off during the time I wore the lace front ON the hairline. I have started wearing them further down my forehead and securing with a small drop of the Got2B on one side. I also apply oil to the hairline to reduce any friction from the cap itself. My hair is growing back now that the lace front is not pressing on it. I do have exceptionally fine hair to begin with, so I am sure I am a rarity. I haven't heard anyone else complaining about it. Hope that helps xo
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.