• Sunset
    I tried to order a wig four to five months ago, and was shocked to receive a voicemail message yesterday saying they were going to charge my charge card for it. I know I can't reveal the name of the wig place so I won't do that, but I was always given a chance when a wig came in after waiting that long to say if I still wanted it. I called there & they said I would be charged a restocking fee, 15% of the cost of the wig, and for a wig I haven't received or even seen. I told them I do not want the wig now after waiting for so long, and that I don't think it's fair to be charged a restocking fee for a wig I haven't even received. The restocking fee would add up to around $50.00. I told them if they looked at my record I had ordered many wigs from them in the past, & that I didn't feel this was fair to do to me. They actually told me their policy is I had ONE HOUR to return their call after they left the message to say I didn't want the wig. Are you kidding me?? I sure wasn't ever told that. I wasn't even home!! I told her I would not be ever ordering anything from their company again after being treated like this & she said fine with her. WOW, is all I can say to that after all the times I've ordered and how much money they've made from me. I told her only being given one hour to respond was very unfair & I'm not at home all the time. I asked if she would please send me an email saying this would not be charged to my charge card, & that I would also not be charged for a restocking. She sent an email that just said it would not be charged to my card, and didn't mention one thing about the restocking fee that she knew I was upset about. I am really upset being treated in this way. I don't trust that they won't still charge me for a restocking fee, and especially with a wig I've never even received. There are plenty of other places to order from. By law they should DISCLOSE to someone they only have ONE HOUR to get back to them or your credit card will be charged. I would never have agreed to that had it been DISCLOSED, I can't imagine anyone would. Would you?
  • Shar W
    Oh wow! That is awful. One hour???? That's ridiculous. I have been hearing lots of stories like this from one particular site which I don't know if its the same one you are dealing with. But it makes me so mad that we are being treated this way. It's bad enough we have to pay so much just to look decent and feel good about ourselves.
  • Moonlitnight
    OK, so there is a serious problem here and I think we should know who it is. You can say something like "rhymes with blister" (or whatever) as it is important to let fellow wig purchasers know what they might be in for. If we don't know who it is, we are left thinking it could be an innocent party. This is one of the issues I had with (rhymes with blister) wigs sending a blog post in an email accusing another wig company or companies of cheating on Customs documents. If you are going to tell a negative story then please also let us know who or we are left muddying the names of innocent wig companies in our minds as we wonder who it could be. Also, I want to know who I can go and punch to defend you.

(I do not think wigs.com has too much of a problem with us mentioning names providing we are not saying things like, "Hey look! such-and-such a company has a 35% off sale!" That's just not fair given that this forum belongs to wigs.com.)

Obviously, you have been dealing with a completely unprofessional company, with an arrogant person on the phone. I would report them to BBB and leave a Google review. Hugs.
  • Shar W
    "rhymes with blister" LOL...I was thinking the same thing.
  • Sunset
    We now have to wait many months for a wig, and then to be treated like this when it finally comes in is totally unacceptable. They can't expect someone to be home to return their call within ONE HOUR. That is very unfair! I am in shock! I don't know what in the world has gotten into this company; they used to be so good.
  • Shar W
    I am shocked too. It's so outrageous.
  • Moonlitnight
    OK so Sunset's post so she either will or will not say who it is. Let's just say I am completely, utterly shocked. But it is not (rhymes with blister) and I want to clarify that since my post suggests it was. I suspect someone over there is not well. They are usually superb in the CS department.
  • Sunset
    I've always been treated really well from them, so i don't understand this one hour rule that was never told to me. That's very unfair, I had no idea they were going to call, and I wasn't home. No one is sitting at home all the time, that's insane. If I'd been told this one hour rule, I would have told them to just forget it because no one is going to know when they're going to call. They don't care, and you would think they would with as much business as I've given them. You would think they would be apologizing but they're not.
  • Deleted User
    This user has been deleted and all their posts removed.
  • Deleted User
    This user has been deleted and all their posts removed.
  • Sunset
    I would be afraid to ever contact them again after how I was treated. I'm sure my account has something written on it I'm not allowed to ever order from them again now because I expressed how upset I was over this. I either accepted this treatment or that was it; they didn't care at all when I said I wouldn't be able to do business with them anymore, and that I would be telling other wig wearers what they did to me.
  • Sunset
    Thanks for the info.
  • Moonlitnight
    Good to know. These people have cancelled my order on Palm Springs Zara with no penalty so I have no idea why they have upset Sunset so much. When someone has a bad day, they should go and throw bathroom tissue rolls around or something, not upset a long-term customer.
  • Sunset
    They cancelled the restocking fee once on a wig I sent back, so they looked at their records & said they will only allow that one time. In this case, I wasn't sending a wig back, because I never even received it. At least the other two wigs I received where they were on back order I was given a chance to say if I still wanted them. I agreed I still wanted them so there was no problem. I guess she was angry I said I didn't want it now, & it concerned me how on the message left it said they would be charging this to my credit card before even finding out if I still wanted it. I was more floored when I was told I'd have to pay a restocking fee for this wig I never received. The one hour policy of me having to call back within that time also shocked me. They never said the wig had already been shipped out to me; I'm sure it wasn't because they didn't say that & I've always received emails saying it's been shipped.
  • dc21
    My comment was held for moderation and I didn't even mention the name of any company - just that the only one to ever call me was from Minnesota. All other companies have contacted me by email. A one hour time limit isn't reasonable and it should be expressed to the customer as soon as they are notified their order is on backorder.
  • KB7707
    I had a similar experience with a company I have done business with for years. It wasn’t for a back order or anything but for a wig I received that was absolutely hideous.. it was the style and color I ALWAYS order and when I received it it looked like it had been straightened and was a s flat as could be. And Cameron has permatease so shouldn’t be flat...the company told me there was nothing they could do since it was an exchange and it was sent directly from the manufacturer... needless to say I found somewhere else to order my wigs from!!! Customer Service is a top priority for me!!
  • Sunset
    I don't understand your message. What do you mean the one one to ever call you was from Minnesota? Why was your email held for moderation, I guess mine will be held for giving out the name, but I feel women should know what was done to me & by what company. They would have no problem whatsoever selling the wig I had back ordered. It's an extremely popular wig & that's why it was on back order for four months. I'd forgotten about it, and they kept asking me for my order number. I was never given one. I don't want to wait four & five months anymore. Yea, the one hour policy is INSANE that was never disclosed to me. This should be DISCLOSED to someone & I bet most would say just forget it then.
  • Sunset
    Yes, it's a top priority to me also. Who in the heck wants to be mistreated. I'm still in shock because this company has always been so nice to me. They didn't like it when I let them know I didn't think it was fair with this one hour rule, and that I didn't feel it was fair to be charged for restocking a wig that they don't even have to restock. I never received it, they never even shipped it to me, or it would have been in my email. I was shocked to hear on the voicemail they were going to go ahead & charge it to my credit card. They've never done that, and when I've verified I still wanted a wig before they would ask for my credit card # again & then immediately send me an email.
  • Moonlitnight
    Same one. I've only ever had one backorder problem and was asked via email if I wanted to cancel. I said yes I did and was refunded. Ii haven't seen you give the name, so I guess it was held! i usually just write the initials. By the way, Visa would be down on them in a hurry for charging any kind of fee for an item not received in the first place. Just call Visa CS and ask. I believe it is a violation of their policy.
  • Sunset
    I hope you can pass on perhaps in a private message where else you found to order wigs. I'm feeling sick from this, I want & need to still order wigs. Now it sounds like I've been banned from ordering from this place again, but I don't think I'd want to after this. You would think I'd at least receive an email of an apology & them saying they would still like my business.
  • dc21
    The company is located in Minnesota is what I mean. I wasn't directly naming any companies that way. I am not saying this is the company you are referring to, just that it is the only one to ever contact me by phone. They called me for an exchange and they were very helpful and nice. I still cannot fathom how any company thinks a one hour notice is reasonable. If I had received the call on my cell at work, I wouldn't have been able to check my messages or respond until the end of my shift, and of course I don't check my home phone messages until the end of the day. A 24 hr notice is more reasonable to me.
  • Sunset
    I could deal with a 24 hr. notice. One hour is totally unacceptable. Oh well, now I won't be able to order from this place again even though I ordered so many from them. I'm sad over this.
  • Moonlitnight
    Were you ordering brands not available from other sites then? I get my Belle Tress from there but other brands are available here and from UL. Why don't you shoot the President a line via registered mail? Be sure to mention their previously commendable service and your personal unhappiness as you believe in the Golden Rule. That should do it. I believe HoAnn Danner is still the pres.. That should clear the air a little.
  • Sunset
    I ordered a brand very popular on all sites. I might write a letter to the president, but to tell you the truth why would I even want to order from this place ever again now after what happened? I don't know who UL is. On another site you can just say the name of companies, but I understand here though why you can't because this is wigs.com's site. That's why I didn't list it at first, but you asked & we all need to know where we can get the best service.
  • Moonlitnight
    Just so you know, Sunset, you haven't publicly named the company!
  • Sunset
    I did write out the name on here, but it looks like it was removed.
  • Moonlitnight
    The entire post was removed, or was it held for moderation?
  • Sunset
    OK, that's why I didn't put it down, because I've read on here that we aren't allowed to post the names of companies.
  • Moonlitnight
    So then you are saying you didn't? I am confused. In any event, time to move on!
  • Sunset
    I did put down the name of the company, it's obviously been removed.
  • Sunset
    Yes, it's obvious it's time to move on & I won't be ordering from this place every again. You gave me a name of a president to write to so I assumed you saw the name of the place to know the name of the president. I'm confused.
  • Moonlitnight
    Sunset, You PM'd me the name, that is why. :smile: Only you and I can see that.
  • Sunset
    Oh, I thought on a PM you could give the name & it was a private message. Obviously it's not a private message.
  • Moonlitnight
    Sorry? Of course it is private. You PM'd me the name of the company in private. I have kept the name private. No one can see it except you and me. I publicly wrote the name of the president in case others feel the desire to pass on their concerns about your treatment, to her.
  • Moonlitnight
    I think we both need a cup of tea!
  • Sunset
    (LOL) I think you're right. I need some tea, I'm going to go make some.
  • Moonlitnight
    Me too. Hugs and have a lovely weekend.
  • Sunset
    You too.
  • Vee1028
    I wish you had disclosed the name of this company to us. If this had happened to me I would make sure that everyone knew the name. Not only to make sure that everyone here is aware of the company's ridiculous policies but I'd want to cut into their sales as much as possible. Just the attitude of the customer service person you spoke to would be enough for me to avoid ordering anything from them.....IF I knew what company it was!
    That said, try contacting your CC company if they do charge you for restocking.
  • Sunset
    I have evidently been banned from this site now.
  • Sunset
    Each time I try to write now it says my comment has been sent to moderators. I wish I hadn't even mentioned on here now what happened to me. I gave the name of the site because I was asked to & did it in a private message, but now it looks like I won't be able to comment on here because I gave the name of the site that did this to me.
  • Samantha
    I am a HUGE stickler for customer service and would really, really like to know which companies to avoid...
  • Vee1028
    banned from what site???
  • Vee1028
    try disguising or rhyming the name.
  • Sunset
    I already gave the nam & it was removed. Moonlitnight knows who it is. Contact her & she will let you know.
  • Vee1028
    oh...she said you only sent the name to her in private message.
  • Moonlitnight
    Sunset I can see your comment saying that your comments are being sent to the mods. so you have not been banned. Being banned is something that happens on the rarest of occasions and for just cause. All that has happened is that your previous comment involved something (a word or phrase) that was entered by the forum admin as a phrase to be investigated. It could have been a competitive company's name, although not all competitive names throw up a flag. So do not worry about this. Most of us here have had comments queued for moderation.

@Vee Sunset did only send it to me in a PM but she thinks she sent it on the public forum. I need a good, stiff Scotch.
  • Shar W
    Yes, I have had a few get stopped for investigation. I accidentally used a swear word...LOL
  • Moonlitnight
    Hehehe. I have had them queued for typing this phrase: "Another w i g company."
  • Shar W
    I used another word for T U R D
  • Moonlitnight
    :rofl: They are funny about T U R D s. I noticed that the poo emoji isn't there. I love that little guy!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.