• animallover
    I just want to say thank you for those of you who have shared your very personal, very detailed and intense hair loss stories. I have spent part of a rainy Saturday reading so many of them, too many to name them all, so I wanted to say a group thank you. You are all so very inspirational, so brave and so beautiful. I have such gratitude in my heart for finding this forum. I am getting used to wearing wigs but still struggle from seeing myself without one on. I can look in the mirror at my extremely short hair so much easier than when I had my longer stringy sparse hair.......however, I am still seeing hair in the sink, not long hair but tiny hairs and it sickens me. The bald spots are getting wider. The sides are almost gone. By reading all of your stories I don't feel so alone. Thank you for that.
    By finding this forum and seeing all your daily posts on wigs, colors, styles, etc....I feel so inspired, so empowered. On the days that I wear my wig I feel normal. I feel beautiful. I am losing that dreadful feeling of being a fake. I am not a fake. I am me.
    Yet, when I take if off.......that is when the dread comes and the doubts. Am I me when I am wearing a wig? Or am I me when I am not? I think I am getting close to embracing that both are me. I am not hair. I am woman! I owe so much of that growing feeling to reading your posts and interacting with all of you. Thank you from my heart to all of yours. :hearts:
  • KB7707
    well said “wig” sister... I feel exactly the same way!!!
  • Moonlitnight
    What a great post. It really is a wonderful thing to be able to share and not feel so alone. So thanks to wigs.com for that one! I have been using this hair stuff from Florida as well as Biosil along with my minoxidil and am definitely seeing a lot of growth. The front is still worn off badly but maybe it will grow back without the lacefront pressure. I hope so. xo
  • Samantha
    Thanks for that beautiful post. I feel the same way and have seen a shift in my own comfort level with branching out into different styles because of the positive energy of this forum. I’ve adopted a healthier attitude towards my Alopecia, which I hadn’t even realized needed a boost.
  • PinkEvie
    Thank you for your inspirational post, you made me realise just how lucky I am to have been asked to join this lovely group of women. xx
  • Erzsike
    Your post was beautiful and really on point for me, even after 20 years of wearing wigs. I still have the dread, as I mentioned previously, of taking my wig off and looking at my reflection. That never gets better. What has gotten better is my knowledge of wigs and support of ladies like you here! For that I am very grateful.
  • VocalEyes

“when I take if off.......that is when the dread comes and the doubts. Am I me when I am wearing a wig? Or am I me when I am not?”
    I’ve been wearing wigs for almost 10 years and I still feel the same. There are days when I my confidence is high with or without wigs. There are other that I feel like an imposter wearing different styles and colors. I’ve mostly learned to own it.
    I always felt alone before the forum. I now know everyone has so many shared experiences.
  • BeatA
    I still have dreams that my hair suddenly came back...even though that ain’t never never never ever gonna happen, my follicles are dead and gone, dead as a doornail, and I have fully accepted it, but somehow my little brain still makes up these dreams.....
  • animallover
    So happy for you! I pray that you continue with the growth Probably part of the reason I am losing so much is because I stopped minoxidil, probably about 3 or 4 months ago, after 20+ years. I am slowly stopping most of the supplements I was taking too. I was still losing hair on both minoxidil and all the supplements. My loss is more auto-immune thyroid disease related, thus all the loss on the sides of my head and the back..
    I hear you!
    Yes, the emotional toll of the up and down feelings of "I feel great" " I feel like an imposter" "I feel great"......and on and on. is very exhausting. BUT, for me it is getting a little better as I wear my wigs out more and more....and coming back to this forum for an emotional energy boost!
    Our brains like to dream, don't they?!
    :hearts: :heart: :hearts:

I did want to mention that one of the BEST support systems I have is my DH. He is amazing. Buzzes my hair for me, helps me choose styles and colors, fixes my tags for me,so they don't show, checks when the wind blows when I am freaking out if the wefts show or my red sides,
    tells me I'm beautiful, with or without wigs, just an amazing wonderful feeling to have his support and love :hearts:
  • BeautyWithin
    I have bad dreams that handfuls of my hair, (worse than normal), are coming out and then I am standing up from sitting on the sofa and globs just fluff down and then they are sticky like cobwebs and I can't get them off my hands and arms. Ew! Those are usually on hot flash nights. haha! Oh those hormones!
  • BeatA
    oh that’s terrible! Well I am already completely bald so nothing left to lose glass half full I guess...
  • Misty
    And everyone else who has posted here.
    Beautiful thoughts, providing strength and love to all of us here on this forum. We are strong, and we are here for each other. A truly beautiful feeling to know you are not alone on this road life has given you. :heart: :hearts:
  • Moonlitnight
    I have similar dreams about my teeth! I feel them all loose in my mouth and then they are on the pillow and lord-knows-where else.
  • BeautyWithin
    I've had those too! And then being blind is my other one...I had horrible (legally blind without glasses or contacts) vision and I have these creepy dreams I can't see well. I had laser eye surgery when I was 30 and it was the best thing I ever did. But in the nightmare it's back to my before vision. They are not often , but I sit up and turn on the light to make sure I can still see.
  • Moonlitnight
    Wow. That would scare me. I am used to my teeth falling out in dreams, but not being unable to see.
  • Vee1028
    I used to have dreams of my teeth falling out ,also. I read someplace that it meant we fear growing older.
  • Moonlitnight
    Well that is true. I imagine I am 42. I don't vary from that belief. Once we believe we are old, we are.
  • VocalEyes
    I used to have the teeth falling out dreams as well. The other frequent dream I have is a mouthful of gum that keeps filling my mouth as I’m trying to spit it out. GROSS!
  • Erzsike
    In my teeth loss dream, which occurs from time to time, I am always falling down stairs and smashing my face against a wall and all my teeth fall out!
  • Lori
    You are absolutely not fake. Be proud that you are a woman. And wigs make you beautiful. It’s just a fashion accessory. No different than any other accessory. Since I started wearing one, it honestly completely changed my life. I would never ever go back to the pre-wig me. Ever.
  • Sunset
    I would never go back to the pre-wig days either, unless they come up with something that could make me have more hair & be thicker. It's only a fantasy this could happen! I would be happy if someone wore wigs because they wanted to instead of having to in order to have a normal amount of hair. It would be nice if they came up with a way to not have to dye your hair when it starts to go grey also. I'm always having to dye it, and my hair does not hold color well at all. You'd think in this day & age they would have found a cure for baldness. Better yet a cure for cancer, that's more important than hair any day.
  • animallover
    :hearts:
    Yes, wearing a wig definitely changes one's life. I do have more confidence in public now, not hanging my head, trying not to be seen with my scraggly thin bio hair. I admit I still envy women with naturally thick hair but I thank God that there is a solution for those of us not so lucky.
    I pray for a cure for cancer every single day, I have lost too many to that awful disease, just recently my dad whom I adored and miss every single day. My husband has had two different cancers, and the second one there is no real "cure" for, just keeping it at bay with meds. Ironically, the meds he takes keep a thick head of hair on his head and all the radiation he's had has darkened his hair!! We joke about how he's the one with thick dark hair and I'm the balding grey haired one!! LOL :razz:
  • Moonlitnight
    Best wishes to your husband B. xo For me, my mum and sister to breast cancer, another sister and my twin soul, to a rare gallbladder cancer, and of course my beloved husband of 34 years to prostate cancer. I pray that epigenetic science will find an answer.
  • Lori
    I pray for a cancer cure too❣️ I am soooooo glad the wigs of today are so nice. I can’t say it enough how much it has changed my life and my confidence. It has made me into a new person that’s for sure!
  • Lori
    I think more people wear wigs than we realize. And definitely many of the stars nowadays do. And if they can, then we can too!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.