• BeatA
    rs2728so3oc1xg1a.jpeg
    weh9sxj74ja1kcqc.jpeg
    Spiritzx1y8bu3ieky5iri.jpeg
    xitr1xyycmd0nqpv.jpeg
    Today I got the Spirit II in Bernstein rooted a “hybrid” human/synthetic blend wig. Several years ago I got the Mood by Ellen Wille which is also a “hybrid” in the same color. I love that they feel just like human hair, but they keep the styling after washing ( like a “ memory hair”). Naturally I got it at 30% off at wigs.com, but it is still pricy.
    I’ve been excited for the second generation to come along because the first generation had some cap problems in my opinion which are much improved now. I really do wish Ellen Wille had put some polyurethane or silicone on the cap ( as they do with their human hair wigs) to help prevent slippage for those of us who have absolutely no hair, but I have some silicone that I can stitch in once I decide if I’m going to keep it.
    This one is a bigger decision because of the price.
    The hair seems quite similar to the Linsey from Envy ( another much more affordable hybrid, which is what I am wearing in my profile pic), but the cap is leaps and bounds above the Linsey in terms of quality, hands down, its not even close.
    So what do you think Ladies? It won’t put me in the poor house, but it’s a bit more of an investment I suppose. I took a few pictures so you could get an idea of the color too.
  • BeatA
    Also: is it too young for me? ( I’m 56), I don’t want to look like I’m trying too hard not to look my age, you know...?
  • Moonlitnight
    Well I think it looks lovely on you and would assume it is your bio hair. It IS very similar to the Linsey. Personally, since it is so similar, I'd get something a little different so that I could have a change now and again, like something with a little wave. Are you joking about your age? YOU LOOK FABULOUS! You can never wear a wig that is "too young." I am 10 years older than you and I am wearing only long wigs. xo
  • amyonwigs
    I think you look beautiful in Spirit II. I like the color, but I also think you could wear one with more blonde highlights. You might consider that for another wig!
  • Lynn
    Keeper for sure it truly does look like it could be your own hair as far as age goes you look wonderful in this style it makes you look younger I personally would have guessed you in your early 40s.
  • BeatA
    You guys are too kind
  • BeatA
    Yeah I expected more blond from the pictures on wigs.com . I also expected more layers and styling too. I wonder if I should
    Send it back and get the lighter color, champagne rooted, but that might be too blonde... decisions. For that price I want to be completely happy. I may give them a call tomorrow they are usually pretty knowledgeable and very nice on the phone...
  • Moonlitnight
    Yes they are...
  • Moonlitnight
    I would love to try a champagne rooted wig.I don't really get why they make the roots so much of a contrast though. All the companies seem to do that.
  • BeatA
    well I have since cut the Linsey so it looks very different now...
    Also no way are you ten years older than me! Wow! You look amazeballs!
  • Moonlitnight
    Then I would keep it as it suits you very well.Thank you for the compliment. It's all the rain up here and the fact my parents were first cousins and both had a couple of grandparents who didn't have wrinkles. But they must have had thin hair.
  • BeatA
    oh dear I don’t know about that first cousins thing.... but can’t argue with success...
    The way I keep my wrinkles down is by being overweight ...
  • Moonlitnight
    I don't think you can marry a first cousin in the US or Canada, can you?
  • BeatA
    depends on the state I think...
  • Moonlitnight
    Lol! That is too funny (the weight/wrinkles comment).
  • Fsumom
    I Think it looks fabulous on you .... it’s a keeper !!!
  • Uriela
    I think the wig looks very natural on you and the style is classic -- this style works on anyone no matter the age. But I also think that if you don't LOVE it (which it seems you don't else you wouldn't ask), then send it back. You gotta LOVE it to wear it (no matter the cost) -- your hair is SO much a part of your self image.
  • Deleted User
    This user has been deleted and all their posts removed.
  • BeatA
    ha! Of course you say keep. I agree with Uriella too, though she also says I gotta LOVE it....I mean I do, but it is not really quite what I expected. The pics on the website are not at all like this! Take a look! You guys need to take another video and take updated pictures too. I didn’t expect to have to take it to a stylist and drop another hundred or so bucks on a cut and styleand what if I don’t like what they do with it? I love the way the Bernstein rooted one looks on the website, a bit more layered and a bit more blond highlighted, you know? I wonder if there is quite a bit of variation? Maybe I should send it back and order again? I do love Ellen Wille and I do love the HH/synthetic hybrids they make.
    Hem... hah...
  • Uriela
    Just a random thought. What about swapping it for Lynsey by Envy. The Envyhair is also a HH/synthetic hybrid and the caps that they make are like no other cap I have tried by any other manufacturer. I would now be wearing only Envyhair if their #38 was just a touch darker, but I am not ready yet to wear that level of gray (Jon Renau #38 is considerably darker.) But I tried their cap and it was out of this world and the hybrid hair as soft as an angora kitten.
  • Uriela
    PS I forgot you already have a Lynsey by Envy. So sorry!
  • Katooshie
    I really like it. Definitely not "too young" for you! Great colour with subtle highlights. I would keep it or go for the same style a bit lighter blonde for spring/summer!
  • BeatA
    you know what I just did? I called wigs.com and ordered the Chelsea. Also Envy. It’s Linsey’s bigger sister. The only thing I did not like about Linsey before was that the cap was open wefted and Chelsea’s cap is closed and hand tied so I ordered that one in creamed coffee ( also rooted blondish reddish color). I will send Spirit 2 back. If I don’t like Chelsea I may go with Illusion from EW which they tell me has a bit more layering and is longer and I can have it cut more.
    We will see. Stay tuned.
    The Chelsea will save me nearly 400 bucks. They will honor the 30% discount I got before. Wigs.com is the BEST! I love them.
  • edgem61
    The wig looks truly fantastic on you and the color is beautiful! Extremely realistic!! I don't think anyone could ever even think you are wearing faux hair! Go for it!
  • BeatA
    aw thank you
  • Vee1028
    I really like the wig you are wearing in your profile picture so much more than the Spirit II. Spirit is just a rad too long to be styled that way. I understand what you're saying about the Bernstein color. I ordered the Open wig in that color and had to return it because it was just a light blrown with no highlights at all. Nothing like it looked on the site.
  • Vee1028
    Ohhhhhh.....I just took a look at the Spirit II on wigs.com . Huge difference between their picture and what you have on. You're really does look more layered. Have you tried flipping it up instead of under? It really is a beautiful wig but if I spent that much money on a wig I would have to totally love it
  • BeatA
    exactly which is why I ent it back yesterday and I ordered the Chelsea from Envy instead. Will save me about 400 which I can apply towards styling and still
    Come Out ahead. I had the Linsey in the past so I know I will Love the hair ( also a HH/ synthetic blend) stay tuned...
  • Dogmom
    Never let age direct you. I'm 55 and rock long hair. This wig looks great on you and you wear it well.
  • Moonlitnight
    "I'm 55 and rock long hair" :love:
  • Katooshie
    you are probably the best looking over 50 ive seen...except for Christie Brinkley who may be some sort of AI because nobody can be over 60 and looking THAT HOT ... i mean...really!?
  • Mort
    Yeah, I agree; don't let age dictate what you rock or how you rock it. I have wrinkles galore, but God blessed me with killer legs, so I wear mini skirts at 60. (Me and Yolo Ono)
  • Katooshie
    and Helen Gurley Brown who rocked the mini in her 80s i think!!
  • Moonlitnight
    Oh my! That's a blast from the past!
  • Dogmom
    Christie Brinkley has had work done. I have not yet gone under the knife but I do get Skin Pen done which helps rebuild collagen and elastin I also get facials once a month. Many years ago I had my lips done and it was the most painful thing ever.
  • Moonlitnight
    Does the Skin Pen work, Dogmom? I think I need something more than a jab or two of Botox. The new doctor put too much in trying to lower my brows and I ended up with hoods.
  • Moonlitnight
    Oh, I just noticed it is a microneedling device. I have a dermaroller. I use it with Cellbone's peptide serum. I have a few devices sent to me to write about...lots of red lights. I'd actually like a microcurrent device.
  • Dogmom
    Skin Pen is medical grade and I go to an aesthetician whose been at her job for 29 years. And YES! it does work. I've seen photos of women with many deep wrinkles and after a few treatments, they are gone!
  • Dogmom
    LOL, thank you! Actually, Rachel Welch is my example of how I wish to age. If she can do it, anyone can.
  • Moonlitnight
    Thanks for that info, Dogmom. I will have to see if anyone does it up here.
  • Katooshie
    Raquel Welch should be declared an International Treasure :)
  • Shar W
    I think it looks amazing on you.
  • BeatA
    aw thanks, but it’s already on its way back. I figured for $1000 bucks ( and that’s 30% off) I would have to LOVE) it. I have zero hair of my own and cap is a huge factor for me. They improved it from the first spirit but not so much that I would go Gaga over it and the hair was a nice but zero styling in it. I had expected more. So I ordered Chelsea from Envy. Should get it next week. Saved me 400 bucks so plenty left over to get it styled as well. I don’t know I really like the blended HH/ synthetic idea. So let’s see how this will work out. My second choice might be Illusion from EW ....
  • Lori
    I agree. RW is so beautiful! And it doesn’t matter which hair she is wearing. They all look great on her.
  • Lori
    I agree. For that kind of money you should love it. And if there is any indecisiveness, that means you need to switch. It’s a totally big decision to pick one. When I picked my first one I took days and days to decide and then the deciding of color took even longer. Lol.
  • Shar W
    I agree. I would have to LOVE it too for that price. I have only tried synthetic. Someday I might check out HH.
  • kimberlybasso
    The length and colour really complement your facial features and face shape. I really am liking the hair line too. But you need to be 100% happy and confident otherwise you probably won't wear it. If you are not feeling 100% then I would keep searching until you find the perfect piece. But I do think it looks great on you x
  • BeatA
    muah that is sweet of you to say. Who knows in the end I may end up with it again.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.