• VocalEyes
    Have you all noticed that many of the pictures on the wig models are wearing blond wigs? When it get to the darker colors you just see a sample of the color (especially the reds and dark brown) It frustrates me because I don't look good in most light blonds so it's hit or miss on color.
  • Moonlitnight
    I hadn't noticed that! I really don't think colours are depicted very well on wig websites. Those enlargements never show the whole pattern of the hair. I know wigs.com has made an effort to do this for some wigs, but not for others.
  • BeatA
    I did not notice that either, but I wear more lighter colored wigs. Maybe we notice it more when the models wear the colors we are NOT looking for...? And yes I also wish they showed the wigs in more colors. The tiny little color swatches are not helpful. Maybe they should have links to the colors worn even in a different style wig , just so we could see what the color would look like on an entire wig, do you know what i mean?
  • PhyllisB
    Even the colors shown on the wigs on the styrofoam heads aren't a true representation. My EW Tab in Bernstein Mix has a lot more blonde in it in person than what appears on the website.
  • VocalEyes
    Absolutely! I go on YouTube not just to see reviews on specific wigs, but on the colors as well. Sometimes it's the exact color I was considering.
  • clsvee
    Yes, YouTube is fantastic for researching colors. Just search for the color number and manufacturer and you'll often find many examples of a color under different lighting conditions (indoor/outdoor/full sun, etc) and different hair types and lengths. So much more useful than a photo.
  • Shar W
    Yep, that's what I do.
  • Taylor75
    No, I have not noticed that, but what I have noticed is that they often show their most popular color in that wig.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.