• animallover
    So I received my 3rd girl yesterday to add to my budding collection.........Textured fringed Bob by Hairdo. First Hairdo piece.....and I LOVE HER! The HD fiber is so soft and silky, I adore the style, and it looks exactly like the stock photo, style and color!! I like her better than my Voltage, softer and silkier and less volume on the top. Did I mention that I love her!?! I haven't worn her yet because it has been so darn HOT and humid here that I am just wearing a floppy hat if I have to go out and my buzzed cut at home.
    Now waiting for Kendall..................
    All my girls are so different from each other, such a diverse collection so far. I'll probably have to come out of the closet as I can't remember who has seen me in what! Yet, it is so much fun to try different styles and colors!!
  • Moonlitnight
    Oh that is lovely! I just checked it out. Very reasonably priced as well. I would love to know what short hair would look like on me. I'd never wear it as I am tall and wouldn't want to be a pinhead. Good for you buying all these different styles! I think I'll remain "I'd die if anyone knew" forever.
  • buckeyegal1963
    Oh how I wish I could pull off that look, it looks so edgy, sassy and sexy...on me it would look anything but! You look great in Voltage, and I'm sure you will look as equally fab with this one!

I've worn 3 different wigs the past 3 days...Minka, Rosie and Kendall, all very different from each other in style and color. However I always wear Minka to work...I'd like to think I don't care what the neighbors think, but I always peek out the door to make sure they're not outside when I leave the house, lol.
  • animallover
    Very reasonably priced especially on sale! I am rather tall too,a little over 5'6. (I used to be a "stick bug" I you said about yourself in a different post, but since hormonal imbalance came about I am now more like a stick bug that ate a pebble!) Thanks! It is edgy and sassy, especially the back. I really like the color as it is what i used to have a lot of the time.
    We have no neighbors that we can see, all woods. I do wear the same one about town or a hat over a different one. On the road I wear a different one all in the same day. But I am getting so very close to just not caring what anyone sees me in......I think LOL
  • Moonlitnight
    I am now more like a stick bug that ate a pebble!animallover

Oh dear... I find MSM makes my tummy stick out. Mines's still flat fortunately.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    I just checked this out. Love the look. It say tru2life fiber. Is this the same tru2life that Raquel Welsh uses? It appears to be heat defiant. Is there a difference with Hairdo using that fiber? curious.
  • dc21
    I thought Hairdo and RW were both from Hairuwear. I think RW has new styles debuting tomorrow too.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    ah - so does this mean that hairdo will have fiber issues with their heat friendly wigs?
  • Moonlitnight
    I believe them to be as well.
  • dc21
    I do not buy tru2life, although I would love to try Spotlight myself. I can't tell you from experience but I would assume they are the same fiber since they use the same tru2life name from the same parent company.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    Does hairuwear also do gabor?
  • Moonlitnight
    Yes, their brands include RW, Gabor and Hairdo. My extensions (Great Lengths) are also made by this company, but they are HH.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    Now i am wondering about the wig i tried on the other day. It said tru2life -but no additional info so i jumped to the conclusion it was RW. More research needed. I hated the fact that they withhold info - and actually i might have bought from them withoutthe deception. I am going to try some on saturday at a defferent shop.
  • Sunset
    I’m tall also, but I don’t think short hair looks good because of someone’s height. I don’t have the face for real short hair. Real short women sometimes look better with short because all that long hair can overpower them. They need to give that thick, long hair to me.
  • Moonlitnight
    Yes, it is crazy bad marketing. Haley from Haley's Wig Boutique doesn't use these tactics. She states right upfront that she adds value with styling and various other personalized benefits. I was once in a store in Maui that sold a certain brand of handbag. As I put the one I liked back on the shelf, this silly woman said something like, "And don't think you'll find it cheaper online, because you won't." Up until then, I had been considering buying it at the store. So I went back to the hotel room, googled it, and found it at Zappo's for 40% cheaper.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    There is a definite value and i am actually more than willing to pay an extra 100 to try on the eigs and get the color i want. Subsequent wigs might be bought online. But - if styling and customization is included in the price - i am willing to pay more if the wig needs it. But once a salesperson lies to me - i will not buy there. I consider them unethical.
  • Moonlitnight
    I completely agree. They don't seem to realize this is how they LOSE business, not gain it.
  • Sunset
    Good for you. The fact she so adamantly said you wouldn't find it online for cheaper made me know you would.
  • alicexm
    I visited a wig shop last week and bought a Jon Reneau i’d never looked at before (Elle in oyster). Love the length, texture, and color. But when I got home I discovered the tags were removed, and there was no information on the box, I suppose so I couldn’t order the next one online. Sad.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    they are shooting themselves in the foot. When i used to have my hair colored - the stylist would keep the formula secret. The only way they would release it is if i said i was moving to another state.
  • alicexm
    you know, I had just paid ~$50 more for this wig than full price on wigs.com, without batting an eye. I appreciate her wanting to make a profit, but renaming wigs and colors and keeping the info secret is beyond the pale.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    i tried one last week. It was longer than my current wigs and frankly was really looking at the color. Much to my surprise - i really liked the way the wig falls. Would have happily bought until she said it was not heat friendly even though the tag said tru2life. I thought this to be unethical so how could i trust them going forward. So i left empty handed. They had changed the name and color name. So i am going to do the trial and error route - likely better because you see them at home. But at least i can now try longer wigs because I liked the way that looked. We will see how it goes.

Sounds like you got the correct name and color so you can reorder online.
  • Vee1028
    do you think the Tousled Bob looks a lot like Stop Traffic?
  • Moonlitnight
    Vee I think you should be the resident style and color expert, at least for short to medium wigs. You have such vast knowledge. :grin:
  • Moonlitnight
    I absolutely cannot believe this! Keeping color secret??? :lol:
  • Moonlitnight
    I am reading these stories and shaking my head. It all seems so small-minded.
  • animallover
    Not at all. If you want to see a pic of it I can email you.
  • Vee1028
    I would love to see it. I looked at some videos and Stop Traffic was what I thought it looked like in those or maybe just similar.
  • Vee1028
    lol....maybe only because I've bought and returned so many!!!
  • buckeyegal1963
    @animallover has the textured friinge bob which is quite different from the tousled bob, that one probably resembles Stop Traffic more.

Hairdo Textured fringe bob
    vmmdxptiuv2bpcq5.jpg

Hairdo Tousled bob
    hocat0t8bh2ev4pv.jpg
  • Vee1028
    ohhhhhhh.....thanks Vicki. I really did think it was that second piece , the Tousled bob, that #animallover had bought. Thanks for straightening that out for me. I just went back and reread her original post here and see that it is that top style she bought.
  • A7X
    I like that tousled bob - that could be a good secondary wig for my Stop Traffic. Similar, but wavier.

BTW, after a week and a half of wearing my wig full time - dreamed last night I went to work and forgot to wear it, and was horrified! Guess I'm used to it now, ahaha!
  • Happy to ve Retired
    Google tossled bob. I was very interested in that wig and I actually really like that red. Then I saw that they had it on QVC and there are videos of people with it on. To me - it looked completely different. Anyway - I decided to pass. But as you know - you never know until you actually get the darn thing in the mail:)
  • Happy to ve Retired
    well - got tye fringed bob to try. Love the look and feel - very short - will use for gym and pool as it is too different from my other wigs. Appears to be same fiber as RW - obviously less expensive.
  • animallover
    Oh, I'm so happy that you like it. I love the look and feel too. It is funny, with my bio hair I mostly wore it shoulder or below shoulder length but with wigs I am leaning towards shorter. Easier to maintain I guess. What color did you get?

I am anxiously awaiting Billie by Noriko in Bubblegum-R.................and I mean anxiously with fingers crossed, totally different color for me and quite short.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    ss14/88. I had poopooed these lighter colors on me - but i am finding that i needed to try tyem in hd fiber. Huge difference. So i am actually loving the color. This wig seems cooler than some if my othrr wigs - so i am wearing it around tye house now. It is so different from my normal style that i doubt i will wear it where i regularly bump into people. But we will see. I do really like it.

Curious how yours is wearing? I do question the quality.

Cheers
  • Samantha
    My Textured Fringe should be arriving today! I’m quite anxious, bracing myself for disappointment. I feel I may be back on the merry go round (hairy go round?!) of trying to find the next “work hair”. It’s a daunting process...
  • Happy to ve Retired
    one more thought - this wig reminds ne a lot of jon renau hayden - which was not available online - but was also a basic cap. Patti wore it in many of her videos and i bought it when i met with her. I was a no frills wig which kept the cost down - it was a synthetic and a basic cap not too full. After 3 or 4 washings it was done without adding a lot of product. By then i was ready for more volume. But i am really likong this look. Very interesting cycle of events.
  • dc21
    I think Hayden was discontinued this year.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    Yes - I think so as well. This wig has a lot in common. I just pitched my last Hayden a few weeks ago when I was clearing out. Sentimental value to have kept this long - it has been unwearable (as it totally beat up) for a couple of years. I don't think you could ever buy it online (at least when I got mine) and even a local shop could not get it. I think it was pretty exclusive to Patti. I think she actually designed it. It was a psychological breakthrough for me to wear the wig OUTSIDE. Meeting with Patti really saved me - not sure I would have been able to go out with a wig without her consultation.
  • dc21
    Patti is a styling master. Cool that you had a consult with her!
  • animallover
    Mine is holding up quite well. I have washed it twice, and between washings I wore it a lot....like 3 weeks or so. And during those wearings I have cleaned horse stalls, been in FL humid weather, been on a motorcycle (with a bandanna over it) , cut, split and stacked firewood in warm weather 2 days straight, and the list goes on. I wear it a lot. Still looks brand new, and feels great. I love the look. When I see my reflection in a window I now smile instead of frowning :razz:
    How cool you met with Patti, I love watching her videos.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    it was a privilege meeting her. I learned so much. Unfortunately she closed her physical location a few months later / so i was on my own after that.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    so - how did you like the textured bob. I just took mine for a hike - much cooler than some other wigs.
  • animallover
    Yes, I've been wondering the same thing.........
    Much cooler indeed. It is the only one I now wear when hiking for walking.
  • Samantha
    I just tried it on quickly, but I don’t think it’s for me :groan: I will have more time tomorrow to try it on again and play with it a little. It’s a bummer, but we don’t know until we try, so it’s not the end of the world.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    it is perhaps shorter than you are used to. I got mine on wig outlet so i would have kept it anyways. But turns out i like it. Hope yours works out.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    hi - i got the fringed bob in 14/88ss. Now after wearing a few times i am eeally liking tye color. It is much lighter than my shaded mocha and also lighter than 12fs8. Sooooo - i am trying now to find a comparable color. Next sale i am doing some testing.
  • Samantha
    Unfortunately I’m returning mine. It’s just not me.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    did you get it in wig outlet???? Shipping might be too expensive along with restocking. My wig was just over 50 dollars. Just curious
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.