• Moonlitnight
    I am looking to buy this one later in the fall, on the Alessandra. I realize it has red in it but I am wondering if the highlights are very obvious and zebra-like at the part. Oops. Just watched a review and the answer is yes, so no go. I see we can't remove our own postings so this one will have to stick around.
  • BeatA
    Maybe salted caramel? @Vee1028has several. Not sure if that similar but you will probably reject it because of the dark roots.
    I have to say those zebra stripes and checkers on the mono tops drive me nuts! What it up with that? I suppose it’s the cheapest way of doing g the highlights but it is just so terrible!
  • Moonlitnight
    It looks so fake. Many if not most of the JR darks seem to have it. My new RW Scene Stealer that arrived yesterday has it as well, but being blonde, it isn't too noticeable.
  • Vee1028
    I bought that 6F27 color by mistake once when I meant to order Salted Caramel on my Ignite wig. It was horrible dark and striped. I could maybe have dealt with one thing or the other but not both!. It was back in the mail the next day.
    I really have never noticed any of my other JRs looking striped.....just hate the dark band caused by dark roots on a lace front.
  • Moonlitnight
    That 6F27 has awful chunky highlights going right to the part. I saw Shannon reviewing it. Ugh!
  • Vee1028
    oh yeah....I would never have ordered it on purpose.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    Curious - i was just looking online at tye new raquel welsh and tyey show it in golden russett. Is this the stripey look you were referencing? I like the pic of the wig but the color looks kind of crazy. No plain strawberry blonds as near as i can tell for this wig. Curious to get your thoughts.
  • Moonlitnight
    Where did you see them? Cyster? I can't see that site any more because Canadians have been banned from viewing it.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    p a t ties. But if you search for big time by raquel welsh on wigs.com - i think they have it. For some reason they did not say herevare the new raquel welsh - at least not that i could find. Why is sister banned????
  • Moonlitnight
    Morning! Well, I did notice Work It, and I don't think I've seen this one before. I looked at Big Time and, honestly, I have this wig already! Only it is called Spotlight-Elite-cut-back-to-remove-ratty-HD-fiber-ends. It is identical and is very flattering in a way my Upstage wasn't. Golden Russet is like a slightly redder shade of Biscuit, my blonde. In Biscuit, the lowlight is a reddish blonde and actually very pretty. So to answer your question, yes this is the striping. Jon Renau has even more of a contrast in the Caramel Ribbon. It looks horrible, especially on long wigs separated at the part.

Cyster blocks Canadians and Aussies and probably various other foreigners from seeing her site due to some-or-the-other-law that applies in Europe and has something to do with data protection . It is complete rubbish. No other US site does it and I called my webmaster who contacted his partner in the US to check on it. He has to keep up with everything as he maintains large sites for commerce. He said something along the lines of it being funny if it weren't so pitiful.

Watch me Wow is new I think, and gorgeous. The shadow shade vanilla looks pretty.
  • dc21
    The RW collection is beautiful, but mostly HD and almost $400 for the full mono styles - about $100 too much imo for those short styles. They are beautiful and I am sure the customer pics will be better than the manufacturer pics. Watch Me Wow has my fav RW rooted blonde of ss14/25! They didn't make their Vibralite releases in this color the last couple seasons so I thought they discontinued the color. I would buy this but it only has a mono crown. I stopped buying wigs that don't have the cap features I like. It always turns out to be a waste of money for me otherwise. I guess HD is more popular than we realize. I hope JR is releasing some new synthetic styles this month! Belle Tress expanded their Champagne with Apple Pie color to more styles, so I pre-ordered one.
  • Moonlitnight
    Hi DC. I am loving that Big Time, but I will watch to see what happens to the ends of my shortened Elite. The layers in that wig are just gorgeous. My hack job doesn't have those but it does have the bang that falls just under the cheekbone and is so flattering. I also love Watch me Wow. I've not looked at the colour ss14/25 and will go check. I don't care for the gold rooting of the Shadowed Cream. Gabor is doing the same, which is no surprise since I believe they have the same manufacturer. I didn't see that it only has the mono crown. That isn't good. I'm trying to figure what colour this is:
    qaoytf92v0pv55s9.jpg

I must go check the BT. I love their fibre. It's beautiful. I was considering the Maxwella with the wave but just ordered a JR Sarah in the Laguna colour. Straight Press comes in C&AP. I love that style.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    i love watch me wow also. Color is the big questiom.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    Sister has a video on that color and it looks way more yelliw than the picture if that wig. I would seriously consider the color shown on that wig - but i fear reality might be different. They should gave garbage wigs you could buy to test the color on you - returnable for a credit - a really cheap loaner wig just to try. Color is really tough and thise swatches a just a tad better than useless.
  • buckeyegal1963
    Strange that wigs . com doesn't have Watch Me Wow yet, according to cyster's site the color in the stock photo is SS14/88 shaded golden wheat. My RW Pure Allure wig was that shade and I thought it was too cool toned and light for me, but it may be too gold for you.
  • dc21
    That stock photo for Watch Me Wow looks like shaded vanilla. It doesn't look anything like ss14/88 to me. I wonder if the wrong color was given? The wigs.com model wears ss14/88 for RW Downtime for comparison.
  • buckeyegal1963
    I agree, does look more like shaded vanilla or cream, and I'm sure it's possible that the wrong color was put in the description of the colors shown on the stock photos. I just returned a wig to her site since the description was inaccurate. To her credit, I was emailed back first thing in the morning with an apology as well as an additional $15 store credit, and they corrected the description on the site, so I was happy with their customer service.
  • Moonlitnight
    Shaded golden wheat is what my Miles of Style was. It was waaaay too gold for me. I think it is shaded vanilla as well. The shaded cream has more of a gold tone at the roots. Some of these descriptions are batty. One actually says "Light dark brown roots." Wouldn't that be medium brown?
  • buckeyegal1963
    Some of these styles have shaded biscuit, I think that's your color if I remember correctly. I need to do more research in to RW colors, I'm thinking maybe Golden Russett.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    My understanding is that shaded bisquit is only in heat defiant. I think WOW is not heat defiant. I really like the color of the pictured wig - VERY white. This is a color I have not tried and I struggle with the notion of trying. It is so vanilla that it is really like a silver white - as opposed to a blond. I think people - both young and old - look really striking in this color. My struggle is that the color on someone without perfectly smooth skin - might actually age a person. At the same time - I think the color makes the skin look better. Sooo - I continue to struggle. I am totally on the fence.

Today I saw one of the hairdo wigs online. Striking to me that - since they also have tru2life fiber - and this one had a lace front (wrong - no lace front :()- the price point is nowhere close to the RW line. I am considering getting one. With 30 percent off - I think it is less than 100 dollars. I am truly curious. Very limited colors though.
  • Moonlitnight
    Biscuit is my colour and it only comes in HD. I have not seen anything close to platinum in RW. I know the shaded cream has been available for a while but I have been leery of the gold brown roots. I like ashy roots. That is a good idea to buy a hairdo wig. If the colour works, it's way better than spending a fortune on a wig that just tangles and looks like heck. I have not found anything remotely as lovely as Scene Stealer and so I put up with it and become more broke ;)
  • buckeyegal1963
    Big Time is available in Biscuit, I'm so nervous about trying RW HD wigs, so think I'll wait a bit for that one. Watch Me Wow isn't HD but only has a mono crown, so I'll wait to see a video review before I purchase that one.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    I just took a closer look at those hairdo wigs - i guess it is basic caps and it sounds like they are quite thin - to the point that you might see the wefts. So - they are out. still not bad for the gym.
  • Moonlitnight
    They are pretty basic. I am not bold enough to try one of their wild colours, but I think they are fun.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    hi - do you do biscuit or shaded biscuit? I was looking at the color ring and the shaded biscuit has REALLY dark roots. It is such a popular color so I assume that they are not very long. Curious as to your thoughts as this is your color.
  • Moonlitnight
    I only buy Biscuit. I apply brown eyeshadow to the root area for a little depth. Nisha wears Shaded Biscuit and I see a weird line, like a headband, circling her forehead. To me, it looks anything but natural. Since I am naturally platinum, and the monopart in the RW wigs is very wide and patchy in parts, I have to have light roots or it would look like I had weird little bald patches.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    That is so interesting. Almost all of the videos are shaded bisquit - and depending on the style. I just looked at a review of upstage and the roots hardly showed on the video - but when I saw it on the color ring i was really struck at how dark and contrasting the roots were. Very interesting. Thanks for your comment.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    In some light - there appears to be just a hint of pink in it. So many of these wig colors really depend on the light. Makes it even more difficult.
  • Moonlitnight
    Raquel puts a stripe of the white blonde to the front of Biscuit (and other colours) You can still see the rooted band further back though. My Scene Stealers have a light ginger blonde as the lowlight. The overall look is still quite ashy.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    I fear the only real way to really find the right color is to get returnable wigs in different colors and then once you arrive at the color = exchange the others for that wig in the final color and have backups. Very expensive option but I am getting to the point where I see no other. I am so grateful for the person that posted about paypay return shipping. i have not been using paypal for purchases - but I will now since they will cover the return postage - given my new approach to the color. I may well just go back to my current color - which means Jon Renau. Really depends on light - in some lights I like it but in other light it looks very mousy and green. So - we will see. Today - in this current light - the color is looking good and actually has red highlights. Then - I go to the restroom and it looks green. Maybe there is no color that looks good in the restroom :)
  • Moonlitnight
    I look bilious in restroom lighting. Just hideous.
  • goldcapp
    I very much enjoy your exchange, ladies! Yes, color is extremely important to us. What I like about RW is that she has the blond strands in the front to frame your face in the rooted wigs, as you pointed out Moonlitnight! I love the RS29 biscyuit also.
  • Xelda
    @Moonlitnight I did a search on the Watch Me Wow and the color is ss23 Vanilla / Cool Platinum Blonde with Almost White Highlights and dark roots. Under choices it's not showing that color, only ss23/61 Shaded Cream in the ss23 option.
  • Moonlitnight
    Thanks so much Xelda! Was that on NBW? I noticed that colour wasn't showing. They emailed me this morning and they agree with you that it is vanilla. I think the roots will be a little too dark for me. Such a pretty wig though.
  • buckeyegal1963
    I see cyster wigs has updated the description to ss23 shaded vanilla, I also just checked NBW and it's available in that shade on their site as well.
  • Moonlitnight
    It has very dark roots unfortunately. The lightest without the roots is that awful golden wheat, which I sold as it looked like Barbie hair.
  • buckeyegal1963
    Well that's not good, that was another reason I hated the one Belle Tress piece I had, the roots were soooo dark, quite a stark contrast with the base shade., the roots were pretty long as well.
  • Moonlitnight
    BT roots are very long. My Champagne & Apple Pie has long roots but they are subtle.
  • Xelda
    @Moonlitnight I typed in the name of the wig on the wigs.com search engine and it pulled the wig up. I scrolled over the picture and typed how it was listed. It didn't pull up in the buying options though. It's a gorgeous color and beautiful wig. Looks like a heartbreaker to me. Wield it with caution.
  • Moonlitnight
    I am afraid the caffeine hasn't hit yet. I don't understand what you have written. :grin: Which wig are you referring to?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.