• animallover
    Prayers needed my dear hair friends. My brother, who along with my DH were my rocks as we all dealt with the passing of both of our parents this year, was in a terrible automobile accident on Sunday night. He is in ICU in a medically induced coma right now with multiple injuries including lots of fractures. We are with him as allowed. Thanks for any prayers.
  • Ali
    my thoughts are with you and your brother. Difficult time for sure.
  • Moonlitnight
    Oh my heavens, B. I am so sorry. Prayers and positive energies for your brother and a huge (((Hug))) for YOU. xoxo
  • dc21
    Most definitely. We will pray for your brother to pull through and strength for your family.
  • Xelda
    Prayers on their way right now, @animallover for your brother, you and your family along with wisdom for the doctors.
  • Samantha
    You and yours are in my thoughts.
  • KB7707
    Praying for your brother, you and your family!!!!!
  • animallover
    Thank you all! No Brain injury!! Lots of other injuries though. They are thinking of perhaps removing the ventilator in hopes he can breathe on his own. We are home now and on my porch was a box with Kendall in it. Prayers are working.................. :hearts:
  • Moonlitnight
    I hope you look magnificent in Kendall and hope to see a pic of you in it. It is wonderful that your brother has not sustained a brain injury with all that shaking around.
  • animallover
    Considering the trauma to his head and face it is a miracle that there is no brain injury. Broken neck, lung damage, ear torn off, surgery to reattach it, broken nose, fractured cheek bone, and list goes on.
  • Moonlitnight
    That IS a miracle, B. Truly! The broken neck alone is enough to cause problems in the brain stem. It was clearly not his time to depart this world. Hugs.
  • Samantha
    Thank goodness!
  • DeniseJH
    I'm so sorry for your brother, but glad that things are not as bad as they could have been. Hoping for a complete recovery. Positive thoughts!
  • buckeyegal1963
    I'm so sorry to hear this B., your brother, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    Omg - just saw this. I am so sorry. Prayers and thoughts going your way!!
  • Sunset
    I just said prayers. I will mention him at a bible study I will be going to this evening when they ask is there any prayer request. What is your brothers name? Prayers have already been answered with no brain injury & the gift of finding Kendall on your porch.
  • PinkEvie
    Being a survivor of a terrible car accident having lost both legs and my short term memory, it is amazing what can be done these days, sending hugs and pvs, hoping for some good news on his recovery. xxx :heart:
  • Luvnappin
    Prayers your way for your brother during this time
  • animallover
    Thank you all so very much!! Just got word that he is awake and responding well to stimuli. Neurological exam was good. I sent a text to my sister-in-law of me wearing Kendall and to tell him that is the hair I will be wearing when we go to see him later today, she said he smiled when she showed him. He is my hair critic, I send him all pics of my different hair for his opinion! I just can't make him laugh because he also has 7 broken ribs. God is great! Thanks again for the prayers and well wishes. :hearts:
    Thanks.....much appreciated, his name is Bob.
    I am so happy that you had such a successful recovery!
  • Ali
    I’m so glad your brother is responding well. Sounds like a lot of healing is in front of him. Amazing (and so great) that he is not showing neurological damage. Keep us posted
  • VocalEyes
    May God send healing to your brother and family. It may be a long road ahead but God will be there with him the whole time.
  • BeautyWithin
    Just saw your post. Praying for your brother and your whole family. May God give you all strength and peace that goes beyond our understanding. Hugs to you!!!
  • animallover
    Thank you all so very much! Oh, the power of prayer. :halo: He is out of ICU and moved to a private room. We were there after work last night until very late. He looks so much better than a few days ago but still is kind of unrecognizable to me as my brother. He is in a lot of pain and has a lonnnnnnnng ways to go. Here is a miracle angel story...........he was on a back country road, 1/2 mile from home in early evening, a woman took a wrong turn and came upon him, he was half in and half out of passenger side window with seat belt still on. Bleeding profusely from many lacerations. He had severed his arterial artery above his right ear and she happened to be a nurse.....she stayed with him putting pressure on artery to stop him from bleeding out until ambulance came.............still trying to find out who this angel was.
    I saw a sign in front of a church in our travels yesterday........"Life is Fragile, Handle with Prayer"
    So true. Thank you my friends, from my :heart: to all of yours :heart:
  • Moonlitnight
    He is out of ICU and moved to a private roomanimallover

Woo! B, this is just wonderful news. What a trooper.

He had severed his arterial artery above his right ear and she happened to be a nurse.animallover

This absolutely gave me goosebumps. It was most definitely not his time. Blessings to him and to you and the rest of the family xo
  • Happy to ve Retired
    Wonderful news indeed. Glad to hear he is doing so well. I am going to PM you my email address as I would love to see your Kendall. I held off because I knew you were very worried about your brother.

So glad he is doing so much better.
  • BeautyWithin
    Thank you for the update. Hooray for wonderful news!!! Heres an idea:
    When my mom had her fall last year I made a huge poster of our family and had it printed at Walgreens. I hung it in her room at trauma and then at the nursing home while she recovered. It was hard for her to be away from her family and the staff used it as a conversation point as she regained her memory and increased her speech ability. I would encourage you to grab some great pics and make one for your brother. And maybe included pics of him too so the staff can see him as a person, not just a patient. Its therapeutic for you to do something positive when it feels like you cant do more. We will continue to pray. Hugs!!!
  • Moonlitnight
    Aww. That is so lovely.
  • BeautyWithin
    Thanks. The great news is she is now walking with only the help of a cane. No more brain bleeds or strokes and has regained almost all of her speech, just uses the wrong words occasionally. Had to retire as a hospital administrator but is now teaching bible journaling classes. : ) It was a looong year.
  • Moonlitnight
    I can imagine it was long. I love stories of recovery :hearts: :flower:
  • animallover
    Nice idea!! Thank you.

Glad that your mom is doing so much better. :hearts:
  • Dolly
    Prayers for everyone....
  • animallover
    Thank you so much for the prayers and kind thoughts and taking the time to respond to this post. We visited with him today, on his birthday, and it was a wonderful day. A minor setback the other day as he had a seizure. Tubes are being removed from him slowly on a daily basis and maybe next week he will be moved to an Acute Rehab Hospital. Everyday brings a little improvement. Love to all
  • Moonlitnight
    That is GREAT news, B. :flower:
  • Misty
    I have just seen this thread now. Sending love and best wishes as your brother continues on his recovery journey. Blessings to you and all the family. :heart:
  • Samantha
    I am SO not surprised you like that choppy lavender hair you have as your new profile pic! I loved it too lol
  • Moonlitnight
    That hair IS beautiful. I want a pink wig! :hearts:
  • animallover
    LOL.....I really love it......so seriously thinking about ordering it AND wearing it to see my brother at the hospital....he would get such a kick out of it but he would probably end up laughing and with 7 broken ribs and a fractured clavicle along with the punctured lung....well, that may not be a good thing! :groan:
  • Samantha
    He he he...I say go for it, too...
  • animallover
    Just wanted to say prayers worked......he was moved to a rehab hospital on Tuesday and will be starting an intensive recovery program. Thank you all :heart:
  • Moonlitnight
    Oh this is just excellent B! So happy to hear this after that awful accident. So much damage and so much strength. My sister always said, "When it's your time, it's your time, and there ain't nothin' you can do about it." There is a flip side to this :hearts:
  • Misty
    So wonderful to hear of this! Sending love and best wishes to you and your family :hearts:
  • PinkEvie
    Such good news that he is getting better slowly and improving daily. xx
  • BeautyWithin
    Glad he is moving to the rehab center. Continued prayers from us. A new chapter in his miracle story book.
  • Erzsike
    Just reading this today. Praise be to God on what has come to pass! Your brother has a long road ahead but at least he has survived well enough to walk that road. Wishing you, your brother and family love and peace.
  • Ann S
    Sending healing thoughts. Gosh, what an awful thing.
  • BeautyWithin
    How is your brother doing? Still praying for you all. Hugs!!!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.