• MadamLeota
    Hi everyone, after some reading and research I ordered a Jon Renau topper, 12".My bio hair is about the same length as the model's so I thought it would be a good choice. When (or should I say if..so many ordering issues!) i get the topper I plan to take it to my stylist so she can integrate the colors/cut a bit. I usually color my hair in a bayalage style and hopefully this will look plausible with the rooted topper. Does anyone have any styling tips? What are the must-have accessories or products I need besides synthetic hair shampoo and conditioning spray? Does a topper need a wig stand? Thanks in advance

• HeatherE
    My biggest gripe is this small band that seems (to me) obvious along the hairline where the part is. So I try to keep a tiny bit of my bio hair out and comb it over that noticeable band, towards the other side, if that makes sense. Check out corner of hope and mane for so many topper tips. And yes, I do place the topper on a stand when I spray it when I'm done wearing. There are two different sprays- one for every day, and one for just after washing. I always take it to my stylist for some color induct assistance. I call ahead and talk to her so she can set aside enough time to cover all my issues. Good luck!
  • MoonlitnightAccepted Answer
    :flower: Madame L, just want to welcome you to the forum :)
  • MadamLeota
    Thank you! I'm going to have tons of questions as a first time faux hair user!
  • Moonlitnight
    We've all been there! For me it's been six months I think. I have a couple of toppers and one has a lace front. It is gorgeous and so completely natural looking. My other was the large Milan by Noriko. That one was quite heavy and the clips at the front broke my hair off (my hair is extremely fine and breaks easily). I am presently wearing wigs.
  • MadamLeota
    I'm a bit worried about the clips too. I'm also pretty frustrated at the moment because I ordered mine from an online store 3 days ago and have not received any info about my order even though they took the money out. Tried to email, call.. nothing. Two other stores I tried to order from told me it was on backorder for awhile so I hope this isn't the case and they're just not telling me. I feel like I finally got the nerve to order the darn thing and now all these problems. Bleh. I had the perfect opportunity to debut the faux hair ( new job) and I didn't get it in time.
  • Moonlitnight
    What company is that? You can PM me the info if you like. I do know that it takes NBW/Joshua24 a few days to figure out it's back ordered.
  • MadamLeota
    Thanks for the warning about the band along the hairline and the other tips...I have so much to learn. lol
  • dc21
    If you order from or visit the CW site or Vogue and click on your selection, it tells you if the manufacturer is backordered. Both sites are usually accurate for JR selections.
  • Moonlitnight
    I think wigs.com does this too, doesn't it?
  • dc21
    Yes, they do too!
  • KB7707
    and this is so frustrating, they’ll charge your credit card, then email you a few days later and tell you it’s back ordered. Then you wait!!! I canceled my order and they gave me my refund. They have excellent customer service though and that means a lot to me!!! But I would like to know immediately if it’s back ordered so I can check somewhere else... talking about NBW/Joshua 24
  • Moonlitnight
    I hear you! I ordered a JR Zara in Laguna and that wig is very backordered :)
  • Moonlitnight
    They are actually not supposed to charge until they send. That is a Visa requirement, anyhow.
  • MadamLeota
    That's what I thought as well. And the fact that I cant get ahold of anyone by phone or email to answer my question makes me pretty nervous. Ladies, is it always this stressful buying hair or did I just pick crummy sites?
  • dc21
    If the manufacturer is out of stock and it is backordered, it is likely none of the major online retailers will have it. You may be lucky to find it on a site's outlet or clearance section. I think most online wig sellers do not stock the wigs but place the order after the customer orders it . They sell their returns on an outlet or clearance section usually.
    A brick and mortar store that also sells online may have your selection, like Haley in Arizona for instance.
  • dc21
    That is unusual that no one has responded to your request.
  • Moonlitnight
    I have only ever had exemplary service from NBW. They are certainly not a crummy site. What email addy are you using? I use support (at) namebrandwigs
  • HeatherE
    The site I ordered my first topper from did that to me. My bank is still disputing the charge, as I never got my order. That was back in April. I will msg you. After that, I have ordered from other websites,including wigs. com, with no issues.
  • KB7707
    I used PayPal and my debit card is linked to the account. That’s probably the reason it was charged.
  • MadamLeota
    NBW Joshua was the second company I tried, they let me know about the delay a day later and had already charged my account. But they did credit the money the next day at least. The company I'm dealing with now is Wilshire Wigs. The order was placed 9/4 and they did email me an order confirmation and charged my account but the order status just continues to say "processing"and I can't reach anyone. I've never ordered a wig or faux hair before so maybe this is normal and I shouldn't be getting irrate over it, perhaps?
    As a sidenote: the color and product I selected showed as available and there was no mention of a backorder when I ordered it. But the same thing happened the first company..it let me order it but then a few minutes later I received an email saying it was on backorder until late October. Really annoying.
  • MadamLeota
    Yes, NBW did inform me the next day that the piece was backordered and a day later credited my account. They were polite about it. Their service wasn't crummy, apologies for the misunderstanding. I'm referring to Wilshire Wigs and how they won't respond to my question. It's just bad customer service. One day I can accept but 3 days have passed now, how hard is it to send a quick email?
  • MadamLeota
    No, NBW was prompt in communicating and refunding me. Wilshire Wigs that isn't answering me.
    Apologies for the misunderstanding. I'm just new to ordering from wig shops online and they seem to have their own way of handling orders. Usually if sites run out of a color or size of something it's shown that its unavailable. With the toppers I've ordered the order was accepted and processed and only after that, I'm told they don't have it. Just frustrated at that more than anything else. I appreciate the comments and helpful information from everyone, though.
  • Moonlitnight
    MadameL, I apologize for your posts being held for moderation. Sometimes, if we mention different wig companies, they get held until a mod checks to see that we aren't advertising a sale at another company, or just promoting another outlet online like a couple of wig firms like to do on weekends, when they figure no one is moderating. I just spotted your three posts queued for moderation so here they are.

W.W. should improve their CS I think! I hope it all works out and please feel free to express your frustrations in the future. That's why we are here :)
  • RhondaG
    I have twice tried to order from NBW only to receive an email several days later that my item was out of stock and my card was refunded. Same thing happened with WW only they did not automatically refund me, they sent me an email over a week later asking if I wanted to wait or if I wanted a refund. I definitely prefer the sites that keep their websites up to date with current stock.

I love my toppers!! I like to take them to be thinned out at the sides and crown a bit, but other than that I don't have anything else done to them. When I first get them I do use some dry shampoo to take the shine out. I also like to use some Joan Rivers Great Hair Day Powder at the hair line sometimes depending on what kind of a day my bio hair is having. Sometimes I can pull enough of my bio hair out at the hair line that it looks fine to hide the edge of the topper, sometimes my bio hair just does not cooperate and I use the powder to sort of hide the topper edge.
  • MadamLeota
    Thank you for sharing your great tips with me. I'm finding this ordering process to be very frustrating. I guess I'll have to wait a few weeks. Bummer.
    When you spray the piece with dry shampoo, do you then comb or shake it afterwards or just do a quick pass over the entire piece? And is it ok to comb the topper along with your bio hair after you put in on your head?
    I have so much to learn. Lol
  • RhondaG
    I do a quick pass with the dry shampoo, but I brush it after I spray it with a Jon Renaud brush.

I do comb it after it is on my head with a Jon Renaud comb. I keep one in my purse at all times. I also keep one in my car and in my hubby's car so I am never caught without one. I found that I have to comb it regularly throughout the day to blend it back in with my bio hair.

Sometimes if I am putting it up in a pony tail or a clip I use the Jon Renaud brush rather than the comb.
    I find on really humid days I have to wear a pony tail or clip because my bio hair tends to frizz and kind of curl and the topper hair does not.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.