• Moonlitnight
    New member @Blossomandme would like to know if anyone has this wig as she is from Australia and returns are expensive. She has seen Patti's review. Let's welcome our new member as well :)
  • DeniseJH
    Sorry, can't help with that one, but welcome @Blossomandme! There are lots of great people here with lots of knowledge and great advice!
  • Blossomandme
    Thank you Denise and Moonlitnight I am searching for reviews on the wig plus reviews for the colour Dark Chocolate Rooted .... hard to find either to look at .
  • MarburgGirl
    I have Start. She is not a take out of the box and wear kind of wig. Also you must enjoy all the hair going forward, I mean from the crown to the front. I can push the hair to the side but the hair definitely wants to go forward. I got her in Chocolate rooted and it's beautiful and the wig feels like real hair. I got all the crown hairs to lay down by putting it on a stand for about a week or so. The wig doesn't look like the picture but it is really attractive on me and I kept it. The bangs are a bit too long but I just push them aside. The best part of the wig in my opinion is that there isn't a lot of hair. It actually looks like my hair looked about 4 years ago. Also the back of the wig at the nape lays down nicely and stays that way. I've worn her on my walks on several occasions where I was sweating a lot because I walk about 12 miles and she did wonderfully. The only flaw as I said before, is the top wanting to go forward. Also, I would've liked to have a temple to temple lace front. I still feel intimidated about the wind on a basic cap. I don't have a picture but I hope this helps.
  • Moonlitnight
    Just in case you miss MarburgGirl's untagged post... Lots of info here and the same colour! @MarburgGirl 12 miles? I have to improve my distance. I get up to 5 miles and think I deserve Olympic gold.
  • Blossomandme
    Thank you both for the information as I still have not made the move to purchase this yet but your review has helped a lot as I have a small head and face so a lot of hair looks way out of proportion on me ... and then again if I use my RW Winner wig my ears stick out as I wear glasses and hearing aids , so that was another reason I like the look of the EW Start wig.... and I love it on Pattis Review ...... have you seen Patti
    s youtube review and do you think it is how the wig looks for you ?.
  • Vee1028
    I haven't tried this particular wig but I have bought and returned 5 Ellen Wille wigs for various reasons. The cap fits well but the styles always look shorter on me than expected or the colors are bad, or (in the case of my last and final attempt) the quality was just bad.
    The hair on her wigs do feel really nice though and Tobacco rooted is a gorgeous color.
    Maybe buy the wig with the thought that, if it isn't something you love, you can always sell it on eBay. Sometimes we just have to take a chance
  • Blossomandme
    Thank you Vee1028 for your advice always appreciate any help as so new to buying wigs. I never thought about trying to resell on Ebay so that is a thought. We only get a few days in which to check out the wigs we buy as they are very strict on that and one other place here does not do any returns or exchange at all ... so I am trying to find out as much information first before purchase.
  • Blossomandme
    Hi MarburgGirl, I was wondering if it is at all possible for you to show me what your "start" looks like on you, as that is the colour I also would be choosing... and it also would give me another idea on length and fullness... you could pm me if you did not want it on the forum ... I really would appreciate it.
  • MarburgGirl
    Hey there everyone, I will attempt to post pics. Yes, I love to walk and I am a long distance walker because I do my meditation during that time. My German grandmother walked for 2 hours in the park every day up until the age of 97, yes, 97! She was my everything! I loved being with her! She was very sophisticated, well educated and loved to talk, and she smoked (ha). I never picked up that habit. I grew up in France and Germany and everyone walks so I guess my grandmother's influence and because of where I grew up, I love walking. All you guys on this forum are so great with all of your meaningful discussions, I am that much richer. Have a wonderful day:)
  • Moonlitnight
    Thanks for sharing this. I have noticed that German women are generally avid walkers and live longer for it. The lady who used to dogsit for me, Gerda, was 89 when I left the mainland. She was up in the hills with her dogs every day twice and then went on walking tours in Germany and Switzerland. She is an amazingly healthy woman. I am currently doing 5.5 miles a day but want to double that. Walking is so healthy for the bones as well as the heart and soul. Your grandmother sounds like my sister, who sadly left this world two years ago at a mere 84 (she had become very ill). I miss her every day. She was 18 years older and my world as well. I would turn to her for everything and I still do. :flower:
  • Misty
    :heart: :hearts: :heart:
  • Moonlitnight
    Thank you Misty :kiss:
  • Blossomandme
    I can understand your love for your sister and I am so sad that she is no
    longer with you .... I am best friends with my sister and we are very close and neither of us would like to be with out the other.... I also have an older sister who is Eleven Years old than me so a big age gap there as well... but we are not as close as my younger sister and I. :heart:
  • MarburgGirl
    Hi everyone, I watched Patti's video on Start. I wonder if the blond is different from the dark shades because Patti's Start certainly looks a lot different from my dark Start. Plus I don't have the skill she does to get her wig to look so amazing! I'm still new at this, haha. Moonlitnight: I am so sorry you lost your dear sister and you said it right! She was just a mere 84! Today, we are living longer and unfortunately, we lose so many people along the way so it's important to have connections. It's not as easy to make friends when we're older I've noticed. Sorry I think I'm starting a new thread here.
  • Moonlitnight
    MarburgGirl, I just read your lovey bio. You and I practise the same as far as negative thoughts and feelings go. I have always been a huge fan of Esther Hicks. I know a lot of people think she is a sham and a kook but I love her. Every morning, when I put my makeup on, I listen to her videos on my phone. I find them very inspirational, especially when she is answering someone in the "hot seat." Over the years, this whole "change the thought" process has changed my life. I feel good all the time and not fearful. I got into the habit of monitoring my thoughts throughout the day and now, I know instantly when something is negative as I get a bad feeling. So many people live with these bad feelings when they don't need to. (For anyone reading this, who is suffering from clinical depression, I am not meaning you. That is a whole different ball game.)

Don't worry about hijacking a thread. We all do it. :flower: Patti manipulates her wigs so beautifully.
  • BeautyWithin
    We had a German "Auntie and Grandmother" when I was a child. My mom has no extended family and this wonderful woman took my mom under her wing. She had her own elderly mother living with her. They spoiled us rotten and we have fond memories of singing "bache, bache, kuchen". Grandma Hybel would get so excited singing and stomping that Aunt Lydia would make her go lie down for a rest. But Grandma Hybel would sneak into the kitchen, secretly beckon me from the doorway and try to feed me Cookies and chocolates without mom or Aunt Lydia knowing. They always caught her. She acted like she couldn't hear them! Wonderful memories!
  • Blossomandme
    Hi Marburg Girl , that is very strange that the dark colour "Start " looks so very different to the Blonde wig in Pattie's review as she does not say it is altered at all. but when I see her wearing it again doing another review of another wig, I can tell she has trimmed the fringe and other part to suit herself... I like the fact that you say it is thinner in hair as I have small face and look silly with a big hairdo... I do hope you can find the time to send a picture , even if it is on a wig stand I may be able to see more of what it is like ...
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.