• Blossomandme
    Hi I am new to wigs and I am trying to find another review for the Ellen Wille Run mono in Dark Chocolate Rooted.... I see some say they have Dark Chocolate mix and I dont know if that is the same or not... is there a place to see other EW wigs in the Dark Chocolate Rooted. ?? your help appreciated
  • Moonlitnight
    According to the EW color chart, there doesn't seem to be a Dark Chocolate Rooted, only a Chocolate Rooted. Heather reviews that color here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dhMWmWkYBU

Here is what the color chart says about Chocolate Rooted and Dark Chocolate Mix:

Dark Chocolate Mix: Warm Medium Brown, Dark Auburn, and Dark Brown Blend.
    Chocolate Rooted: Medium to Dark Brown Base with Light Reddish Brown Highlights and Dark Roots.
  • Blossomandme
    Thanks for all the info , possibly the Dark Chocolate mix is the same as the Dark Chocolate rooted .. here is the website that I can purchase from in Australia...https://www.chiquel.com.au/ they have both the Start and the Run by Ellen Wille in the Dark Chocolate........ I don't like the Chocolate mix If you look at the website and the Start wig you can hover your mouse over the Dark Chocolate and see that it is called Dark Chocolate rooted....lol
  • Moonlitnight
    It is only saying "dark chocolate" for me when I hover my mouse over it...under the Start wig, right?
  • Blossomandme
    Yes when you get to the colour swatch just hover over it and for me it showed Dark Chocolate rooted
  • Moonlitnight
    It isn't for me. I am on Firefox though and I find their browser to be weird. Juat tried it on Explorer and "Dark Chocolate Rooted." I can't imagine what root colour they could put on that unless it is jet black.
  • Blossomandme
    I only use Chrome , but some of the other wig stores here in Sydney are rather strange and so very slow to load..... https://www.elly-k.com.au/ this is the other site I can buy from that will do a return or exchange , any other sites do not allow return or exhange so very limited on choise of retailers for wigs...
  • Moonlitnight
    That's what Misty has said also. She is from Brisbane.
  • Vee1028
    on the sister site that wig is shown to come in chocolate rooted as well as dark chocolate rooted. There is also a pretty cinnamon brown mix. I know that I have seen the chocolate mix and other styles but not in this one.
  • Moonlitnight
    They all look gorgeous.
  • Shar W
    I love EW browns. Beautiful.
  • Vee1028
    seriously, the only EW color I have ever seen that I liked at all was Tobacco Rooted. And after buying and sending back 6 EW wigs I don't think I would ever buy another one.
  • Blossomandme
    Hi Vee thanks for checking those colours and I have just ordered the Start wig in Dark Chocolate rooted, I hope it will not be too much hair for me , so can only wait and see..I hope my order will not prove a problem if I have to return it ..
  • Shar W
    I love Mocha rooted, that's my favorite color. But I get it. It can be hard to find just the right color for our skin tones.
  • Vee1028
    I did finally find the right color. I love tobacco rooted. I just never found an EW wig that looked right. All of their short wigs are too short for my face or just wrong for me. I think I just need to stick to Jon Renau
  • Shar W
    Yep, stick with what works for you.
  • Misty
    Goodluck with your order Blossomandme, I hope it works out very well for you. :hearts:
  • MarburgGirl
    Hi, in the past 9 months, I bought several wigs from EW. I love the color Hazelnut, be it rooted or mixed because it is a medium to dark brown with beautiful auburn & caramel highlights that gives the effect of a medium brown soft highlights. If you like medium to dark brown, but not real dark like expresso, chocolate rooted is perfect. It is actually the alternative to Hazelnut, I think, in the newer EW wigs. I ordered a few in the cinnamon brown and it has way too much red. It looks like I dyed my hair red, like one of those little old ladies who will dye their hair forever, not a good color at all, in my opinion. These colors don't always look the same even if it's the same wig. I like Open by EW and I have two, same color but they are both different, luckily in a good way.
  • Blossomandme
    I know this must sound dumb but being new to wigs and wig sites .... what is the sister web site ??
  • Blossomandme
    HI there Marburg girl, thanks for your info on the EW colours as I was thinking to maybe try the Ginger brown as in the pictures it looks great but I too would not want to look like my head was on fire or any older than my 69 years now...lol

But I am not wanting to stay as dark as I normally would be and your suggestion of Hazelnut will be something for me to look at as an alternative to just plain dark brown...
  • Vee1028
    no, you don't sound dumb at all. I apologize for using a kind of alias for another wig site that not everyone would understand. We really aren't supposed to use the site name here, but let me try this: Cyster wigs
  • Blossomandme
    I have not been able to even look at their website as it comes up with some type of message stating I cannot see that site ... it comes up with a 402 and a message that states . General protection regulation they cannot sell outside the USA...
  • Moonlitnight
    You can use the site name. You cannot use the .com extension with it as that is a link.
  • Blossomandme
    Thanks Moonlitnight I have learnt another thing ...lol
  • Moonlitnight
    There are some weird exceptions though. You cannot say "w ig company" yet this is very often used when someone is explaining something about ordering from a w ig company in Australia, for example.
  • Blossomandme
    Thanks and I can understand as this is their site and do not wish to have other sites advertised as such...
  • Moonlitnight
    It is a little challenging though when someone gets queued because they type "wigs.com is the ONLY w ig company I would ever buy from!" This has happened a couple of times now. An innocent remarks and oops!
  • Vee1028
    where do you live? I know that #Moonlitnight, who lives in Canada, can't see some videos from cyster wig site nor can she order from there anymore. Some weird new policy they have.
    This is probably why you are getting the 402 error.
  • Blossomandme
    I live in Sydney Australia and Yes I too can not longer see the Cyster site , I originally could see it but now it is barred. I can still see some of the Reviews though just on the Youtube. Where about's do you live.. I know it is such a big time lapse between some of us . as it is now 7.45am here Friday morning .
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.