• Happy to ve Retired
    Hi - I ordered a few different style wigs. I ordered a couple from wigs.com and i know I am ok with their return policy. I ordered one from sister and one from NBW. Has anyone had any difficulty with returning to either of those places? I just read the return policy from sister and it seemed extreme - as in don't move the zig zag part - etc. Sounds like they reserve the right to just send it back to you and not accept the return.

Wondered how this worked in practice.

Thanks in advance. If you don't feel comfortable posting to the forum =- please PM any problems you had.
  • KB7707
    I have returned several to NBW and NEVER had any issues.. excellent customer service..
  • dc21
    I have returned to both companies without any issues. But if you undid the part, fluffed the wig up, or disrupted it so it looks combed, etc, CW will reject your return. I have not had it happen to me personally, but I read one lady who fluffed hers, and her return was rejected. They adhere to their return policies consistently. I inspect the wig and I only try on a wig for color. I do not manipulate it in any way until I am sure I am keeping it.
  • Moonlitnight
    I returned one to NBW and you'd think I'd sent them a bouquet, they were so pleasant and helpful. Not dealt with CW.
  • alicexm
    I’ve returned to WC and Pearl with no problems whatever. Pearls is a little more gracious and responsive with exchanges.
  • Michele
    Pearls is wonderful!
  • goldcapp
    I have not dealt with the companies yo mention, but it is important to know return policies. My experience with wigs.com has always been very positive, and I am sticking with them.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    I love dealing with wigs.com . There are a couple of brands that i hope they start to carry. In the meantime...
  • Moonlitnight
    Michele, I don't think I've seen you post here before, although I notice you posted once before. A huge welcome to you! :flower: I have always loved watching Patti's videos. She is such a character and very helpful.
  • Jenny
    I do the same, I don't manipulate the wig in any way unless I'm going to keep it.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    I guess if I am on the fence after the initial try on - I need to consider taking the risk and just selling it as only tried on if I don't like it after the part is changed. I will need to be more careful than I have in the past. I know I have combed the part in wigs from wigs.com - and then returned with no issues. sounds like sister is stricter.

On sister site - it says that any returns are sold on their clearance site - so it would seem that people would expect the part to be altered since they know they are returns.

Anyway - their policy and their right to make those demands. Glad i know that.

I won't get anything for more than another 2 weeks - so I am getting itchy with anticipation. Hope I don't decide I hate everything.
  • Lolls
    I ordered - once - from sister. Although they are very strict on their policies, they did accept my return. However, I was charged a hefty fee so I will not order from them again no matter how low their prices are.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    OK - I am confused - sister seems to say that they do not charge a fee if it is an exchange. However - if it is a return for $$ - then they do charge a fee.

Now - I just saw that NBW also charges a fee and the policy online does not seem to indicate an exemption for exchanges.

This seems crazy since it is not unlikely that you will need to check a color and make at least one change.

Am I understanding the policies????

I purchased a wig from each of these places with the idea that i would likely return at least one. I would get a replacement for the one I returned. I understood postage was on me (or paypal) but did not see the stocking fee.

Ugh.
  • Moonlitnight
    I read that as NBW does charge a restocking fee, to cover the cost of inspection.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    I really wish wigs.com carried more brands. An inspection fee should be a flat price - not a percentage of the wig cost. Maybe this is why is stopped buying from them. 15 percent is way too much.

I really want to try a tony of beverly wig i think i will wait. Maybe i can find it in a store.
  • Moonlitnight
    I haven't returned a wig to them. I sold my brand new Blaze on The Wig Hub.
  • buckeyegal1963
    Sisters doesn't charge any extra fees if you do an exchange, you are issued a store credit minus shipping fees. I just returned 2 to sister's and I was happy with their customer service, they actually issued me an additional $15 credit so I wasn't even out the shipping fee. They replied to an email I sent in the evening the next morning and it was a personalized email. I can't say the same for this site unfortunately, as when I emailed customer service after a wrong product was sent to me, I received a canned response, it was obvious that my email wasn't even read at all. Why even have a customer service email contact if all you get in return is an automated response? Makes no sense.
  • Moonlitnight
    Good morning, Vicki. Yup, those canned responses! I keep getting "Thank you for your patience and understanding" from the CS/marketing people here. This line went out of style about five years ago when companies realized their customers do not want to hear canned BS and instead need to know they are understood and appreciated. It is a particularly jarring response as the person clearly isn't being patient and doesn't understand, or why would they have asked the question in the first place? Basically, it is saying, "We don't give a toot about what you are concerned about so we are going to shut you down."
    In fairness, Erica has been reaching out lately, and we all know Alex is a hero.
  • KB7707
    NBW doesn’t offer exchanges. I had to reorder and pay then wait on a refund for my other purchase that I returned. They do charge a 15% restocking fee.
  • dc21
    NBW in the last year changed their restocking fee from $15 to 15% - a huge difference. It definitely pays to review a company's return policies before you purchase in case they changed it.
  • buckeyegal1963
    Yes, Alex is great, I'm not sure who Erica is. Honestly, between that canned auto response, and other sites offering 30% off as well as free shipping nearly all the time (no free shipping here if you use the discount code), there's not much incentive for me to be loyal. I am grateful though that my first few purchases were here and I found this fantastic community!
  • Happy to ve Retired
    Well - i hope i just love the wig i ordered from them. I have not seen it yet. But - lesson learned. I cannot believe that this does not hurt their business. There are other approaches - allow exchanges without fees and perhaps limit to one return before applying the fee.
  • Moonlitnight
    Yes indeed. I feel the same way. Erica is the lady who does their SEO and various other social stuff as well I suspect. In three words, she gets it. She also posts here on occasion and is very pleasant.
  • Moonlitnight
    and perhaps limit to one return before applying the fee.Happy to ve Retired

I think this would be a good compromise.
  • KB7707
    there is one company that does offer one free exchange with no fees.
  • buckeyegal1963
    Which company, NBW? I've only ordered one from them, my Kendall, which luckily I love.

Ok, I know who you're talking about I think, yes seems very nice. It just irked me to no end that they sent me a totally different product than I had ordered (ordered a topper and they sent me an easi-crown and in the wrong shade to boot). I sent them an email explaining the situation and I get an automated response that didn't even acknowledge their mistake. I ended up selling it since I didn't want to pay any shipping or restocking fees for an error that they made.
  • KB7707
    They don’t have very good customer service though. I received a defective wig and they would not take it back because it “ was shipped directly from the manufacturer “. So I basically threw that money away! I wear it around the house when I’m home alone and nobody can see how awful it is but myself!
  • KB7707
    No, I’ve had very good customer service from NBW. They just don’t do exchanges, and charge 15% restocking fee. The other company that has poor customer service in my opinion, but they do offer one free exchange is wigsalon..
  • buckeyegal1963
    What company wouldn't let you return a defective wig?
  • Moonlitnight
    Ah, I didn't think it would be NBW.
  • buckeyegal1963
    Good to know, I haven't used that site and I most certainly never will if they won't allow returns of defective products.
  • KB7707
    well I have to clarify this.... the one that I received that was defective was my FREE exchange. So when I contacted them to tell them it was defective and I wanted to exchange for the same style and color and return the defective one to them, they said they couldn’t take it because I had already used my FREE exchange and it came directly from the manufacturer and sometimes that just happens. What looks bad to me probably wouldn’t look bad to someone else. I was livid!! I have been wearing this style and color for YEARS and have always ordered from them. I wear Cameron by ROP. It has permatease and has some body to it. This one I received was as flat and straight as a board! It was awful!! Like I said I wear it NOWHERE but in my house. I won’t even go outside with it on afraid my neighbors will see!! It is hideous!! I won’t order from them again. I wish you could read the email they sent me. I have it saved just for future reference!! You know it was DEFECTIVE. Sometimes there should be a little understanding.
  • Moonlitnight
    and sometimes that just happensKB7707
    So did they offer to contact the manufacturer on your behalf? I doubt it. Not that I would shop there but I hope this serves as a warning to others not to buy from wigsalon.
  • KB7707
    No, it was kind of like, sorry about your luck!!!
  • Moonlitnight
    That is just absurd.
  • KB7707
    They did offer me 10% off my next order!
  • buckeyegal1963
    That is just ridiculous! I believe @animallover has also had bad experience with them. She did an exchange and received her Kendall which she says is sparse at the crown and sounds defective. This sounds like it may be a common practice with that site, someone does an exchange and they ship out an inferior product that someone else had returned, just awful. Seems like customer service in general has declined over the years in many industries to me.
  • KB7707
    I know. I haven’t ordered from them since then, I’ve been ordering from NBW. I will not order from them again. I have been a customer of theirs for at least 10 years!!
  • buckeyegal1963
    Well I know for sure I'll never order from them!
  • Happy to ve Retired
    Pippa by Tony of Beverly is about $270 I think. So - 15% of that is over $40. If all I do is take it out of the box - try it on for 2 seconds and say - yuk - it costs me $40 to return it. A $40 inspection fee really seems outrageous to me.

Now - I don't know their policy if the wig was defective in some way - would they still charge the 15% or waive it?

I wonder why Wigs.com does not carry Tony of Beverly. So many other companies as well. I think they used to carry HM but discontinued???? Anyway - I know that there was a thread as to which brands people wanted wigs.com to carry. I assume they have a good reason to not carry.
  • buckeyegal1963
    According to sister's site, you can do up to 3 exchanges, no additional charges if you go with a store credit, so no restocking fees. That site does carry Tony of Beverly, so if you're not sure about a style, I'd go with that site. Just make sure to not manipulate the wig too much. I just returned 2 with no problem and was issued a store credit the day after they received my returns.
  • KB7707
    Thanks for the information. It helps to be able to exchange without fees when your looking for a new color or style!!
  • animallover

Yes, it is wigsalon that I purchased Kendall from. It was bought from my store credit. It is sparse on the crown and has little spiky hairs sticking up on crown too. When I contacted them I had the same too bad treatment. I was told to " try steaming it". Can't return it. I have managed to get it to be OK for me. I will not order from them again.
  • Moonlitnight
    That is crazy. These must be defects.
  • KB7707
    I’m sure we can’t be the only ones that this has happened to.. I am sure DONE with them!
  • Happy to ve Retired
    It is an interesting question as to whether they do send out previously rejected wigs when they know you cannot return them - or for that matter - if the manufacturer knows the policy they could take advantage. Obviously it could be a coincidence - but I do have to wonder.

I hope it is coincidence.

Still - the policy is really not a good one.
  • KB7707
    I would hope that’s not the case, but it certainly is possible!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.