• Happy to ve Retired
    I think if the customer says that they are defective and would happily take the same color and style - they should honor that request - assuming that the wig has not been worn out or washed. Why would someone make that up? If the wig is defective - the manufacturer should be required to reimburse the retailer. Just a customer unfriendly policy to simply say - geez - that was bad luck for you.
  • Vee1028
    I've had several very nice, personal emails from wigs dot. Once when I left a bad review on their outlet site about an EW wig and their return policy. I received a reply on the review, an email, as well as a phone call. Another time I placed an order for the wrong wig and sent an email several hours later (not during business hours) asking them to help me correct the order. I heard back from them as soon as business hours were in effect asking me to call her so that she could help. Wigs dot has the best customer service of any company I've ever done business with.
  • Vee1028
    I know sister says all returns go to her outlet sales site, but I don't really believe that. I ordered Crowd Pleaser from her and returned it because the color was too dark. The wig was barely placed on my head and back into the box. I have watched her sales site since then, checking almost daily, and never has it shown up on that sales page.
    The sad part about that return was that it was impossible to tell from that try on whether I might have actually liked the wig. I decided after returning it to order something I knew I liked!
  • buckeyegal1963
    I wasn't so lucky, just received a response that made it obvious that my email hadn't been read at all. No phone call either even though I had included one. Maybe if I had voiced my disappointment in a review they would have reached out. Companies are more apt to address a public negative review as they don't want that bad PR out there. Oh well, it is what it is, just as with any company there will be some drops of the ball as happened in my case.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    I do think it is impossible to tell if you cannot "fluff", comb, change the part - etc. But - I guess as long as they disclose their policy - that is the deal - so no real complaints but it does mean that I don't really get to have the benefit of trying it on in the real sense.

I agree that wigs.com is a pleasure to deal with. They may well be the biggest site so that might account for some of it. But, there are a few brands that they do not carry - soooooo - got to deal with that.
  • Vee1028
    yes, I seriously wish they carried more brands here. I have been tempted to buy at Joshua24 but their return policy scares me off. I would love to try Kendall but I have such bad luck with medium length wigs that I'm afraid to order.
    Maybe I'll order it from sister and, if I hate it, return it and order something I know I like.
  • buckeyegal1963
    My Kendall I returned is on sister's outlet site, I just looked for it a few minutes ago after you posted that they didn't put your returns on the site. in the color 27/26H, same color animalluver ordered...it's pretty, but it was a little blonder than I wanted, I was wanting more auburn.
  • Vee1028
    this makes me wonder if there has been some internal changes to the company over the past couple of years. Most of my personal interaction with them was at least a year ago. I have though had to call customer service several times over the past year and they're always so friendly and helpful. You may be right about it being the public review that got them to respond and to let me send the wig back without any restocking fees. I admit I was a bit shocked and happily surprised.
  • Vee1028
    thanks so much Vicki. I'm almost certain that if it was too blonde for you it would be much, much too blond for me.
    I have to tell you I was shocked that I never saw my crowd-pleaser on that site. I thought maybe Heather kept it for herself or for a friend she knew would like it or something. It had to be obvious that the wig was barely removed from the box. I still wonder sometimes if I might have liked the wig if I had truly tried it. I have a lot of return credit here on wigs. So maybe I'll order it here and give it a real try on
  • buckeyegal1963
    I should have called them after their email response, but I didn't, probably if I had they would have taken care of the issue. I was pretty shy and apprehensive about the whole wearing a wig thing, so I just kept it and ultimately sold it.
  • Vee1028
    that truly is awful that they made the mistake of sending you the wrong wig and then never reached out to you. Yes, you definitely should have picked up the phone and call them! You for sure should not have had to pay for the return shipping or anything else to do with their mistake! I'm pretty sure I wouldn't feel so good about their customer service here if I had been treated the way that you were.
  • buckeyegal1963
    Kendall in that shade looks terrific on animalluvr, and maybe if I had brushed and blended Kendall it wouldn't have been as blonde as it looked out of the box. However I knew if I did that, I wouldn't have been able to return if I felt it was still more blonde than auburn. By then the new RW line was coming out, so thought I'd take a gamble on a couple of those instead. Will wigs . com accept returns even after brushing or changing the part?
  • Happy to ve Retired
    I am almost certain that I have manipulated the part and "fluffed" it - and then returned with no problems. But - I did not go crazy playing with it - just enough to know whether I liked it or not.

I have ordered a lot of wigs - and i am sure most of the people on the forum have - and have returned a small portion - so I am really hoping that counts for something. I can understand that they have to be strict if people are really abusing the policy. But - if you are changing styles - or colors - sometimes it takes a few tries.

15 percent penalty each time - yikes - may as well pay the upgraded price in a brick and mortar shop.
  • buckeyegal1963
    Well darn it Vivian, my reply to you just got qued for moderation :gasp: It'll probably show up tomorrow and will make no sense when it shows up, lol
  • Happy to ve Retired
    I saw the comment - not sure why flagged - just trying to clarify policy i figured. Actually a positive for them
  • Vee1028
    yes, I've finger combed and changed parts and returned wigs with no problem. I have to say I've never ordered a wig that came with a zig zag part though.
    You know, I just realized you said 27/26. That sounds like it would be very similar to Jon Renau 27F. That would be perfect. I'll have to check it out and go take another look at anumaluvr's picture.
    Thanks!
    PS...I think I must have seen the original post, too!
  • buckeyegal1963
    No, I had written another reply, it's still not showing. So if in a day or two a random response that doesn't make sense pops up, that will be it, lol.
  • Vee1028
    lol...ok. My experience with the queued remarks has been that they never do show up.
  • buckeyegal1963
    I'll accept partial responsibility for that even though it would have been nice if an actual real person and read and replied to my email. I was new to toppers, this was before I had purchased a wig or joined this forum, and was honestly nervous and yes, maybe a little embarrassed to call a wig company. I have much more confidence about the whole wig thing now and love them :grin: !
  • buckeyegal1963
    Thanks Antonia :smile: ! I just tried to edit a mistake and system wouldn't let me, said is was spam or something.

@Vee1028 the comment right above is the one that was held for moderation.
  • Moonlitnight
    How weird! Try again maybe?
  • buckeyegal1963
    Nope, still not working, says my changes are rejected as spam. It's not a big deal, and certainly isn't my first typo :wink:
  • Moonlitnight
    Nothing is showing as spam. One of life's little mysteries.
  • buckeyegal1963
    This is the message I got after trying to save my edit...

j0vzaiyuv978r44o.png

It's ok, I'll stop complaining about that past experience, lol.
  • Moonlitnight
    It is probably automatic that once a post is queued, the same post will be rejected as spam.
  • Vee1028
    I don't blame you for being upset that your email wasn't really read or replied to as it should have been. And Brittany replying to my email first thing the morning I placed the incorrect order was one of the things I was impressed by.
    I guess it's like so many businesses...you have good employees and not so good!
    As to having your post here rejected as spam. I've had that happen before after I had gone in and made edits a couple of times. Finally they binged me as dpamming!
  • animallover
    When I first started looking at faux hair I thought of toppers. I saw a human hair topper, wavy, on Fortune wigs. The person I corresponded via email was excellent. I paid for one topper and she sent two, each a different length, and to just mail back the one I didn't want or didn't work for me. Unfortunately, neither worked because they didn't match the texture of my pathetic bio hair. The toppers themselves were beautiful. Customer service was excellent. The person even emailed me after I decided to try elsewhere and thanked me for being so polite. Excellent service. I than decided to try and order a synthetic topper from wigsalon. I called customer service this time. They wanted me to email a picture of my hair to try to match color and texture. While talking on the phone with them, I felt like I was putting them out. Responding emails took forever. I tried a synthetic topper that I chose on my own. Again, a beautiful topper but just didn't match. That is when I decided it has to be wigs. Sent topper back and got a credit. Than nothing but hassles ever since as I previously posted about my Kendall. Fortunately though Kendall may not be perfect, it is still totally doable. I just look at it as I'm not perfect either! That being said, I definitely will not order from them again, way too much unneeded drama and stress.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    Well - i could not resist and i sure hope i dont hate all of the wigs - but i am dying to try reds when i get home so i ordered pippa in sunset red. I guess if i hate it there is wig hub. I am irish - but never a redhead - and i so wanted to get this. Worst case is a restocking fee but with free ship both directions thanks to paypal and this forum (to learn about payoal return shipping) i have to try it.
  • Moonlitnight
    I hope it's everything you hope! Red is such a great colour. I look like h*** in it unfortunately.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    it would be a drastic change and since i will have been gone almost 4 months - its now or never when i return.
  • SuzieQ
    I’ve had no issues with Patti’s Pearls or wigs.com but definitely had issues with Cyster Wigs. I won’t purchase from them anymore.
  • Vee1028
    I didn't have a problem returning a wig to the sister site but I was hesitant about returning the 2nd one and ended up keeping it. She will only allow 2 free returns before she charges $45 (I think) for you to return the 3rd one. I've decided not to purchase from her again because of this...us barely being able to see how a wig looks on you because you're afraid to be denied the return!
  • SuzieQ
    I agree Vee! Including insuring the return mailing back , you can be out close to $100 for a return:-(
  • JeannetteB
    OMG don’t get me started on Cyster. I’ve had ongoing issues and I’m trying to use up my store credits asap so I never have to do business with them again.
    Too many issues and hours on the phone to go into without my blood pressure going up.
    But I’ll mention this one thing...did you know that they charge a 40.00 restocking fee if you want your money back? I mean does it really cost 40.00 to put something back on the shelf?? And thats per item. So if you ordered and returned 3 wigs it would cost you 120.00 plus shipping to get a refund. They don’t charge if you exchange yet aren’t they still “restocking” the item? Im new to this hair thing and while I’d read the reurn poloicy, it never occurred to me that I would have such a hard time and soooo much confusion with their CS. Personally, I think that’s outrageous, highway robbery. If I remember correctly Wigs.com has a 25.00 restocking fee. More reasonable. Maybe that’s changed though I don’t know. I’ll just have to wait for Wigs. to have sales. It seems they aren’t as frequent as “The Other“
    Anyway, that’s just the tip of the iceberg.
    Also, a friend of mine needed to return a a defective piece to Cyster in exchange for the same wig. She had to pay to return a defective item. That doesn’t seem right to me. Is that common practice?
  • Moonlitnight
    The problem is that wig companies seem to think that no item is defective and that someone just isn't wearing it properly. It is always the customer's fault, not the wig's. A 40.00 restocking fee is crazy. I think the companies feel justified because most returned items go into the outlet for that company, or to a special sale, if they don't. The wig is then sold cheaply and they don't want to lose the profit. In the case of Cyster, I think they DO put some returns back on the shelf hence all the hysteria about not changing the zig-zag part.
  • JeannetteB
    sad but true
    I love your new profile pic!
    I got my Top Notch by JR on Friday and thank heavens ithe style is going to work! Except for the color. I’ll exchange it for a different color. Anyway, once I get that back and have it cut into my hair I can update my profile pic. People keep asking me what I’m wearing in my current photo, it’s my biohair. Hahah
  • JeannetteB

I used PayPal free returns on us, for the first time recently and it was quick and easy. They deposited the shipping into my account pretty darn quick. Then I had it transferred to my bank and that went smoothly also. Just be sure to sign up at PayPal and become familiar with how it works beforehand.
  • Moonlitnight
    People keep asking me what I’m wearing in my current photo, it’s my biohair. HahahJeannetteB
    :rofl:

So glad you have found something that works. Thanks for the profile pic compliment!
  • KB7707
    I used PayPal also and filed for a return fee!! Quick and Easy... the only way to go!! I will definitely use them from now on... definitely saves on return shipping.
  • JeannetteB
    yes I’m grateful to whoever told me about it. I think it was moonlitnight
  • Blossomandme
    Hi Ladies , I am reading about your Pay Pal for a return fee.;.. I have been with Paypal for years but have not heard about this at all , where do I find out this information... Just in case I may need it myself sometime
  • Blossomandme
    Hi , I just found it on line and have activated it for my own Paypal account I do hope that this will be allowed on my recent purchases and not have to just apply to any new purchases from this date on ... thanks again as it is wonderful to learn all these new tricks ... I read that you can only have 8 returns per year but that is fine..
  • JeannetteB
    I think once you’ve activated it you’re good to go. But you can only have one paid return per transaction. In other words, if you order two wigs and ones on backorder, you use the free return for the first wig, then you receive the second wig two weeks later and need to return it, you can’t use the free returns again because both of the wigs were paid for in the same transaction. I hope that makes sense.
  • Blossomandme
    Thanks and yes I understand that .... and yes it makes sense. lol I so far have only done one purchase at a time ... so will now just have to sit and wait for abour 3-4 weeks to see what comes.... I hate waiting so long... and both with different suppliers.
  • JeannetteB
    ... I hate waiting so long...you and me both! :confused:
  • Vee1028
    wigs dot com doesn't charge $25.00 restocking fee unless it is a HH piece over $300.00. Otherwise, you pay $5-$10. I am surprised no one corrected this immediately.
    72gxoxcueko5o1tf.jpg
  • Vee1028
    using Paypay for all my wig purchases has saved me a ton of money on returns. Even with cyster wigs, where she takes the money directly out of your refund and sends you a mailing label, you can still have PayPal return the money to you.
  • Vee1028
    the main thing you want to remember with PayPal return refund is that you can only use it once per month. Also, if you purchase using your return credits, instead of PayPal again, you cannot file for a return.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.