• dc21
    Jon Renau is teasing the new fall collection on their Instagram page! Exciting! I hope the style the model is wearing is a full mono with lace front! Handtied would make my heart sing!

https://www.instagram.com/jonrenau/?hl=en
  • Moonlitnight
    Is the HH Angie new? The blonde is beautiful.
  • dc21
    No, the last pic where they are combing the brunettes hair!
    m9m72srcn83iegim.png

Read the comments under the picture on their Instagram page!
  • Moonlitnight
    Hmm. It looks like a few of their wigs so maybe a new French knotted front or something OR, maybe< a blend of HH and synthetic.
  • dc21
    That would be awesome! This is my birthday month, so I will gift myself with one hopefully! I am mostly a JR girl. I didn't order any of the new RW collection, even though I think they are beautiful, because I like my hair down on my shoulders and slightly past. I was hoping for a JR fall collection!
  • Moonlitnight
    Happy Birthday month.
  • dc21
  • dc21
    Here is the link to the JR Fall 2018. It looks like JR is finally releasing synthetic toppers with lace fronts! Four new synthetic wigs too!
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xxEsUne5_zc
  • Moonlitnight
    Ooh! Thanks for posting. Just looked. Alas, nothing for me there but still pretty.
  • buckeyegal1963
    Only 3 new wig styles, none of which wow me. The curl's on the long wig look thin and stringy, I don't do really short, and while I like the length of the last one it looked too sleek and flat for me. The toppers are pretty, but I've decided to not go that route as I don't want to cause further damage to my bio hair.
  • dc21
    The long one, Alexis, is all handtied. I love handtied, but it is only a double mono with no lace front. That combo always looks wiggy on me even with thinning around the forehead area - that is why I don't buy Amore's double monos with no lace front. There is too much bulk in the wig cap and they don't conform to my head. I prefer a lace front. The blonde model's Alexis looks wiggy, while the brunette in Alexis looks dynamite to me. I am disappointed because Alexis is my style if they had included a lace front. I am still thinking about buying it though, maybe it will surprise me. JR's Camilla from last year is also double mono without a lace front like Alexis, and I haven't seen a model pic or customer pic that didn't look wiggy in the forehead area. Elisha comes in two sizes and reminds me of JR Nita - super cute! I don't do bob's but Marion looks beautiful on the model.

I think the real treat is for the JR synthetic topper ladies who have wanted a lace front.
  • KB7707
    I agree with you!!
  • buckeyegal1963
    I haven't heard of double mono's, but then I'm relatively new to wig wearing. Is it just another term for mono top?
  • Moonlitnight
    I have never figured this out but here is what wigs.com has to say:

A full mono top allows for parting & styling versatility
    A double mono has an extra layer of soft material for added comfort
  • dc21
    I think it is a double layer of mono top instead of a single layer.
  • buckeyegal1963
    Thanks for the explanation, I have bio hair so I don't think it's a feature I would need, not yet anyway.
  • BeatA
    @Moonlitnight it’s a bit like the solace cap ( just not silk) it helps hide the knots. Most of the time though they do not have lace fronts ( unlike the solace cap which does have a lace front too).
    For example Sandra from JR has a double mono top. It make for a very realistic part ( and does not show the cap or biohair as much as the mono tops do)
  • Moonlitnight
    All this time, I assumed it was a wig with two distinct "fingers" where the parts could be made :yikes:
  • Moonlitnight
    Thanks BeatA...an even better explanation of the benefits. I wish my iWig would come so I can see a Solace cap in person.
  • buckeyegal1963
    I have to confess I don't know what a solace cap is either, thanks for the info, I have lots to learn!

That was also my initial assumption when dc posted about the double mono, I don't think any wig I've considered had that in the description.
  • dc21
    Some people do not like lace fronts and prefer not to have one, so I shouldn't complain. All of the styles are beautiful.
  • BeatA
    solace cap is the one that the iwigs have ( HH )
  • JeannetteB
    So I looked at the new fall line up and I’m wondering if they ever come out with new colors? With my very dark hair I’m kind of stuck with flat boring lifeless colors. I don’t see why they couldn’t do Brownie Finale with say Fudgesicle highlights. JR has both those colors so why not mix or blend them for more dimension?
  • Moonlitnight
    Well, yes. They came out with California Blondes this summer. None of them would work for me as they are either gold or grey and the roots are either gold/brown or dark. Just not my thing. I like ASH roots. Maybe they will come out with some nice brunettes later in the year.
  • JeannetteB
    Oh I hope I hope
  • dc21
    JR released their Chocolate color collection a couple years ago around Valentine's Day. You could email JR with requests for future suggestions. However, it doesn't seem like they make major changes to their color choices often. I was so excited when I learned they were releasing new blondes this summer. My excitement quickly turned to disappointment as they didn't release a realistic warm blonde with a soft root that I could wear.
  • Moonlitnight
    That collection (the CA blondes) was really limited imo. I am longing for a platinum with a little gold for warmth and subtle rooting. My HH iWig is like that but I can't wear it all the time in the humidity here.
  • dc21
    I was hoping for a shade like their 24b22 with a soft root. I love the 14/26s10 blonde I wear, but I hate the harsh front lace line.
  • JeannetteB
    yes I tried one in the midnight cocoa, I think it was. Anyway the unit I got was horrendous with wide old fashioned “highlights”. I wonder who comes up with the colors anyway, a robot :grin:
  • Moonlitnight
    Probably. A robot who has a thing against cool blondes.
  • Ali

Alexis actually does have a lace front. Funny, all model shots don’t show that feature off but it’s in the cap description- along with full mono top and hand tied. Very comfortable and natural looking I’m suspecting, just not sure if I’m up for bangs...I think I’ll try cutting similar bangs into an older wig and see how they look on me before I consider ordering.
  • dc21
    I wear JR Rachel full time and it comes with a nice bang. I always wear bangs and a lace front. I think I will order one Alexis to see the difference between the two. I also noticed Alexis is lighter in density than my Rachel, an ounce lighter.
  • Moonlitnight
    I don't do obvious bangs either, but the dark model has hers swept to the side and that looks good.
  • Ali
    yes I noticed it was light weight. 3.5 oz I think. Seems like a great option warm weather.
  • Ali
    you are right, it looks versatile. There is a two day 25% sale right now. hmmm very tempting
  • Moonlitnight
    It's pre-order until October.
  • alicexm
    I’ve preordered the new Marion in oyster. Got in during a 30% on another site. She’s supposed to ship October 1, but apparently my new favorite JR color is everyone’s fav, so we shall see.
  • dc21
    Marion is beautiful!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.