• PinkEvie
    I had a love two part holiday, never done this before, probably won't do it again as it was sooooo tiring for me. First we went to Cambridge, I fell in love with the place, so vibrant and full of history, I enjoy looking at architecture and some of the buildings were a work of art. We also found a lovey pub over looking a park and river where people, especially the Japanese visitors went on something called a punt, it is like a flats wooden boat where one person uses a very large stick to manoeuvre the punt, just like they do in Venice but not as glamorous. We laughed so much, there were punts bashing in to each other, people hanging on for dear life.

Plus the beer was traditional and taste so much better than here in Wales.

We went to a museum where we saw so many famous artists, it was like being in the Louve in Paris.

I could go on for ages about Cambridge but then we flew to Barcelona, again we did a lot of walking, but also went on a tourist bus to see most of the City. I was so amazed at Goudi's church and apartment facia, so curvy and didn't like them.

All in all it was very enjoyable, hope I haven't sent you to sleep with boredom.
  • Vee1028
    boredom? Oh no, I think you've barely touched on the wonders of your trip.
    My Jeff was in Barcelona for 4 days last year for business. He only managed 1 free afternoon and came back with stories for hours and amazing pictures of the fountain and Barcelona Cathedral.
    We're so happy to have you back with us!
  • DeniseJH
    I love your new pic, Vee!
  • DeniseJH
    Not boring at all! I'd love to go to Europe, but know that I never will, so I live vicariously through all of you who do!! (Even if you are also lucky enough to live there.)
  • Moonlitnight
    Welcome back! We missed you :flower: Your trip sounds wonderful! I actually fell out of a punt once. I can't recall how or why I was at Cambridge, but it had something to do with a Welsh friend (naturally), while I was at uni. I remember we went back to some guy's room and he and his friend asked us if we would like to go punting. It was a beautiful day and I managed to get IN the punt OK. However, something involving moving to another punt took place and these guys in the other punt helped my friend into theirs. Somehow during this transfer, I slipped into the water. Fortunately I didn't wear a wig then, or it would have gone floating down the Cam like a bird's nest. The guys all turned into heroes ("Girl Overboard!"), got me back to a warm room, wrapped me up in blankets, dried my clothes, and were perfect gentlemen. Ahhh memories! I am so happy you enjoyed it there with the beautiful architecture. And beer! I am sooo homesick these days, A. You are never, ever, boring and I'd love to hear more about Barcelona. I've never been to Spain. xoxo
  • Vee1028
    thanks so much!!
  • PinkEvie
    Sorry but can't stop laughing, it must have been such a shock for you though. At least you were helped by gentlemen.
    Xx
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.