• Moonlitnight
    I am trying to stop my Laguna Sarah (the roots are too dark for me) and maybe getting a Zara instead. Anyone else planning a wig purchase? Woo~ Sarah is cancelled. Now what?
  • dc21
    I am considering preordering JR Alexis.
  • Moonlitnight
    Oh that one is pretty! What colour? I like the way the model wears it here. I prefer the bangs to the side. The blonde one has them going forward. I love this style but I just cannot for the life of me find a blonde in JR that isn't gold or has the contrasting roots.

301jf9q4e0hov8vj.jpg
  • dc21
    14/26s10 is my JR color. JR doesn't have blondes like your RW Biscuit. Have you tried JR 22f16? I tried it once and I think it may be an ashy color (can't remember though).
  • Moonlitnight
    That was the first colour I bought (and the first wig). Alessandra in 22f16. It was very dark and dull-looking so it went back. The 16 was really heavy and sort of absorbed the light. At this point, there seem to be only two colours that I have tried that actually work for me. The Biscuit and BTs Champagne with Apple Pie, which is actually very warm but pinky. Maybe I should try the 101F48T
  • Ali
    ohh that is a nice looking style. I will have to check it out.
  • Moonlitnight
    It's lovely, isn't it? It would suit you.
  • Ali
    Yes. Alexis looks like a shorter more layered version of Sarah. I would like to see what the cap construction is. I’ve gotten pretty picky about what I’ll wear. I have a not so normal shaped head and the hand tied (like Sarah) adapts to my small flat backed head better than any other I’ve tried.
  • Ali
    that Alexus is very pretty!
  • Ali
    I am wanting to get my second JR Sarah in my new color Salted Caramel. I’m waiting to hear about the next sale though as that wig is not cheap!
  • Moonlitnight
    It isn't cheap for sure. I just didn't want to pay a 15% restocking fee if it was sent to me and I didn't like it in the Laguna. It just looks way too gold for me and the roots too much of a contrast still. It was supposed to be in Sept. 5th but no sign of it so they just cancelled with no fee.
  • alicexm
    I just received Envy Brooke in med. grey. My first long grey and I love her. I’d read some negatives on the texture but I have some other synthetic Envy wigs and have had good luck. Can’t decide if I’ll head to the office tomorrow or hold her out for weekend wear for a while. Looking forward to updos.
  • Moonlitnight
    Oh that's fun. I am sure Brooke is a gorgeous style. It looks a bit stiff on the model but Envy's model shots are all quite weird and dated I think.
  • alicexm
    I agree they should update. I found a video on another site that convinced me.

BTW I really like the Kendi bamboo spray oil on my synthetics. Really controls tangling. Well worth the price. Thanks much for the tip.
  • Moonlitnight
    Oh I'm so glad you like it. It is wonderful stuff I think. I haven't looked for videos of Brooke. I should. I like Envy colours.
  • Kari C
    Hi, I am new to wearing a wig and just ordered my first one.
    Beguile | Human Hair Wig (Mono Top) × 1
    Brown
    I am so excited
  • Moonlitnight
    Hello Kari, and :flower: WELCOME :flower: to the group! Great to have you here. It was only back in March that I ordered my first wig and it seems so long ago. Good for you choosing an RW. You will love her lace front as it looks so completely natural. Please post a pic when you receive your wig (but only if you want to of course!)
  • Kari C
    Thanks for the sweet welcome. I sure will
  • DeniseJH
    I have a store credit for returning Scarlett due to color. I can't decide if I want to try Scarlett in another color, give Julianne a try, or just order another Kendall. Decisions, decisions...
  • DeniseJH
    This one is so pretty!!! I thought of you when I saw it - such a shame they don't do a blond that would work for you!
  • Moonlitnight
    Hi Denise. I am in love with this wig. I am trying to figure out which of the blondes might look best. The first two wigs I ordered (and sent back) were JR Alessandras in 22F16 and 24B22. In my notebook, I wrote, "Too dark." My own hair is pure platinum and the wigs were a huge contrast. I think that, since I started wearing wigs, I have become used to the darker shades of blonde. So I may give this a try in one of those shades. The only issue now is that I like roots, but JR only has the insanely dark roots (8) and I am completely white-looking through the mono, or the Cali blondes which are completely not me as they look like dye jobs and are designed that way. I like a gently shaded root and 12 is way too dark. 17 is about right.
  • DeniseJH
    I Looked u the colors - the 25B22 is really pretty!I read on here that you can "root" wigs yourself. I haven't been brave enough to try it, and don't know if you'd want to practice on an almost $500 wig. Do you have an old one to try it on? I guess I'm lucky to be brunette - almost always something will work.
  • Moonlitnight
    I usually root my unrooted wigs with brown eyeshadow. That is a vry expensive wig for sure! I can always get 30% off but with the exchange and possible import taxes, it gets really expensive. I dislike the look of it on the blonde. It looks like a totally different wig to me.
  • DeniseJH
    Oh! That sounds like a good way to do it - you have a lot of control using eyeshadow. I went back and looked, and the blond pictured does seem different: thicker, tighter curls. You never know what you're really going to end up with, and I can't blame you for being hesitant with all of those extra fees.
  • Vee1028
    This color really does look like it could work for you if you found an Envy style you loved. The Brooke is pretty but looks awfully thick.
    qew9zlwcs47nio8l.jpg
  • Moonlitnight
    The Brooke is way too thick, I agree. I tried a Bobbi Envy in Light Blonde and it was really dark. This colour and lighting looks lovely.
  • Vee1028
    I woke this morning to an email touting a sale on wigoutlet and had to check it out. I swear I had to stop myself from buying another EW wig! They have Storyville for 50% off there and it is such a pretty wig. Not for me though so, instead, I ordered the Textured bob by Hairdo in a pretty red color.
  • alicexm
    you might want to look at medium grey in this, or maybe light if you’re looking for platinum. I have this in med grey, and it’s more salt & pepper platinum.
  • A7X
    I'm planning to get another rooted Stop Traffic as a backup or for when this one wears out (I have one rooted and one unrooted, both the same blond 14/88). I feel like the rooted one looks better although I'm currently wearing the unrooted one this week since I don't feel like anyone is really scrutinizing my hair anymore. I'm waiting for a 30% off sale though!
  • Vee1028
    you look so good in that style that you should always keep a backup on hand!
    BTW.... when I first started wearing wigs about 3 years ago I wasn't paying a lot of attention when I would order and one time ended up with a cute blond wig that had no roots. I was already wearing my own hair blonde with dark roots and realized immediately that this all blond wig just looked wrong on me. I went to Walgreens and bought a can of root spray in a medium brown color, turned the wig inside out and sprayed inside the cap through the wefting. When the color dries and you turn the cap right side out again the roots have a really nice rooting color. The front of the wig I did from the right side because there was no wefting there
  • Moonlitnight
    I have the colour ring and all the greys look too grey for me. I will look again though. Thank you. :flower:
  • Moonlitnight
    Ah yes! I remember Blondie suggesting this.I've not done it as I forgot but it's an option in dark blonde.
  • Vee1028
    I agree, all those grays just look too gray for you. I think trying to match your naturally platinum hair color must be one of the most challenging wig problems any of us has and it must be beyond frustrating for you.
  • Moonlitnight
    I am no longer concerned about matching, just that the wig is not too gold. Biscuit is perfect.
  • A7X
    that is so funny you should say that because I had some l’oreal Root spray that I “rooted” the un-rooted wig with! The roots are just lighter. It’s the same style wig, but the curl is slightly different and it doesn’t flip out as much in back.
  • A7X
    I forgot to add that it’s a great idea to do from the inside! I did mine from the outside but I’m definitely going back in!
  • Vee1028
    Great!! A root definitely makes a blonde wig more wearable!
  • Vee1028
    Before the day was over I ordered another wig!
    #Sharw posted about an extra 25% off outlet prices on the cyster site so I figured I'd take a look...I was pretty sure there was nothing there that I would want. Then I saw it. Crowd pleaser. This was the style that I had ordered from her site before and had to return because of the color. I never really got a chance to mess with it a bit so I never really even knew if I liked it or not. I just knew I didn't like the color. And there it sat in my favorite Raquel Welch color, 10/16 honey toast. And the price, $117! How could I not buy it for that? Even if I hate it, I can get rid of it, but for $117, yeah I had to buy it.
  • BeautyWithin
    I'm waiting for my Dakota from another site. Been back ordered twice. Every time I hear the mail truck i get a tiny bit excited. Still waiting.... :roll:
  • Moonlitnight
    :) It's so frustrating!
  • Erzsike
    I would be very interested to hear your review of her and see a pic! I was having "thoughts"! :-)
  • dc21
    Sure, JR Alexis doesn't ship until the first of October!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.