• JeannetteB
    Has anyone tried dermarolling along with your minoxidil? If so what was your experience/outcome?
    Or maybe you don’t use minoxidil, just dermarolling alone?
  • Moonlitnight
    How funny you would write this Jeannette! I have been dermarolling my face twice a week for maybe eight years. Gotta plough those serums in! I have never tried it on my scalp and then, last week, I read something about this and thought I would try it. I can imagine it would be quite painful. I'll do it if you do it ... I would use my Just Nutritive Grow New Hair product. It smells heavenly and is 100% natural and not tested on animals.
  • JeannetteB
    haha...I just started rolling my face a week ago. I started with the .05 and I’ll do it every three weeks. I understand that it takes time for the collagen to do its thing and I don’t want to interfere with the process. But I think if you use the .025 you can do it more often.
    So I bought the .025 for my scalp but haven’t tried it yet. I’m waiting to see if the current shed I’m experiencing is due to the estrogen I just started. I’m thinking that if it is due to estrogen, after the shed I would grow hair back. So if that were to happen and I started dermarolling at the same time, I wouldn’t know which one was responsible for the new growth.
    Soooo, what I might do is find a small bald patch and roll only that and keep an eye on it. I’ve heard good things about rolling in combination with minoxidil.
    Unless you’re super sensitive I don’t think a .025 would hurt at all.
    I’m m excited to try it!
  • Moonlitnight
    I'll try it with my .05 with light pressure. I am seeing good growth where the hair was rubbed off but I am so used to seeing lovely thick wig hair now that my own hair looks very sparse.I look at photographs from the past few years and wonder what I was thinking to consider it looked normal. But then again, I constantly had compliments.
  • JeannetteB
    so youve been using a .05 twice a week for 8 years? What kind of results have you had? Are you targeting a specific area?
  • dc21
    I had only heard of dermarolling within the last year. Is there science behind this and collagen production?
  • Moonlitnight
    On and off. I only have wrinkles over my thyroid and I'm 66. I do lots of things though and take fish collagen daily so hard to tell what accounts for the lack of wrinkles. It could just be the sunscreen I've worn every day since I was in my early 30s. The only "science" is that by damaging the skin, they cause collagen to rebuild. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18971740 Microneedling also allows for deeper penetration of serums but only when applied prior to the process because the little holes close over immediately.
  • dc21
    Well, whatever your skincare regime has been, it has definitely worked. You have lovely, smooth skin.
  • Moonlitnight
    Thank you :blush:
  • RhondaG
    I HATE, HATE, HATE dermarolling my scalp!! I do Hair Medica twice a week, it gets dermarolled in. It hurts and I feel like all of the hair getting stuck in the roller is counter productive. The directions say to go over my scalp 3 times with the dermaroller, but I usually barely make it through once.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.