• Moonlitnight
    @Misty Has this wig been discontinued? I don't see it. Maybe it's under a different name. Is it long? OK I just went to the HM website and it is in their professional line. NBW doesn't carry it :(
  • Misty
    Thank you Blossomandme. I truly cannot wear short hear, I look very "out of balance" weird. One of my girlfrieds (she lives in Melbourne, and w catch up when we can) is a little older than I, and still wears her beautiful hair very long. I think if my friend can do that, so can I at this time :heart:
    It is a lovely fit with the wig cap, maybe because it is handtied? And I love the ear tab to ear tab lace front. If you were walking on a windy beach, absolutely no issues at all. I haven't worn this much apart from home, as it is a lot of hair. I have thinned this, using the same method at Patti, and it looks more realistic now. So I will probably start to mix this up a little with my Zara in the coming months.:hearts:
  • Misty
    Oops, my spelling is off this morning! Should have read I truly cannot wear short hair! ha ha. Must be the lazy Sunday morning.
  • Moonlitnight
    I just directed a message to Blossom instead of you. I can't find a stockist for the HM Violet as it is in their pro line :(
  • Misty
    ov5vc2z0b4aele2d.png
    Hi Moonlitnight, I bought this from PlayWithHair, which is a wig contact in Perth, Australia. So sorry, did not realise you would not be able to buy online
  • Moonlitnight
    Lol. It's either one thing or another!
  • Misty
    Just looked online. w i g s nmore in Pennsylvania have this on their website. No price though.
  • Misty
    Hi Moonlitnight, here is a photo showing JR Zara 24B22, and then HM Violet 16H. Zara is on the left, and HM on the right. These photos were taken in natural light, but not direct sun. I don't think the camera colour is showing 100% true here.
    4l1tpxevsgsqqzcy.jpg
    HM cap and tag 16H
    kgvwocpb4aolrsv6.jpg
    Last photo is of Zara on the left and Violet on the right. I think the Zara colour is more correct in this.
    e4e6ktp02x4cscme.jpg
  • Moonlitnight
    Thanks for all this hard work, Misty. :kiss: The Zara is definitely ashy and I like the 16H very much. My second order from JR was a 24B22 Alessandra and I sent it right back with the notation in my journal that it was "too dark/too gold." I think I was trying to match with my own hair.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    Do you think there is something about wigs that make the colors look so different in natural light? I have noticed a huge color difference in different light settings - and I don't remember feeling that way with biohair.
  • Misty
    I have looked at some of my old photos (with my own hair LOL) and sometimes my hair looked so light as to be silvery in the photos, which is wasn't. I was quite blond, not silver. Both these wigs are synthetic, and they are blends; I wonder if the camera lense catches one colour more than the other?
  • Moonlitnight
    I recently bought a HH wig. The roots look pale ash in the photos of it, however, they were almost black IRL under artificial lighting.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    this probably means that any virtual dressing room for wigs will be limited for color choices - which i think is the biggest obstacle.
  • Moonlitnight
    Yes, that is true. Colour is the most difficult thing to show accurately. I also think that the degree of professional primping of styles on the models is getting absurd. That JR Top Wave 12" for example looks thick and gorgeous on their dark model but, in reality has half the hair and not as wavy...at least if you believe the reviews.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    absolutely - and you cannot show movement at all. Sometimes the professional primping is not for the good - it makes some styles look right out of the 50s- while if you shake the wig the wig looks much better.

I get home this weekend to much hairmail. Other than color - i think you need to shake and brush to get any idea about how it will look. So i will likely sell some rather than return if they dont work.

If color is wrong - no need to do any ither than putting it back in the box.
  • Moonlitnight
    I hope you find lots to :heart: in your hairmail!
  • Misty
    I agree Moonlitnight. My 24B22 which is a blend can look as though it is rooted (remember the earlier photos?), even though it is not. If it had been a rooted wig, it would show much darker LOL
  • Misty
    Hair mail is wonderful - hope you have some winners, and can enjoy :heart:
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.