• Blossomandme
    I am looking at the Ellen Wille "Open " wig dimensions and confused as they don't seem correct .... looking at the picture;s it seems to have a long fringe and longer nap than what it says on the web page for it .... it says the fringe is only 1.5" and that the Nap is only 1.5".... can anyone tell me if these are wrong or not ...
  • Misty
    Hi blossomandme, I found this on another website. Dimensions show
    front 2.5", nape 1.5". hope this helps.

n3bfenzaop3xsmpc.png
  • Misty
    On the Ellen Wille website though, it shows 1.5" for the bang. Looks like a typo somewhere.
  • Blossomandme
    Hi MIsty, thanks for doing that as I had looked at 3 diff sites and then come across one that said your dimensions , I even looked at the Crazywiglady review on the Open wig and she states the smaller sizes, which by looking at the video they have to be wrong as it shows to have quite a long Fringe/bang... ... Oh I am still going crazy looking at wigs...lol.... but every one I see that I like then either has terrible colours or the Fringe is too short ( as I like a long fringe, or again has far too much hair for my small head... I am not even worried about the wig not being in a petite size as if I find something that I really like I would just get it resized.. I have pages and pages of wigs printed out ... Hope your having some nice weather up your way, not too bad here today about 24 degree and overcast ... Spring has got to be the best time here in Aussie land... ...
  • Blossomandme
    Oh what a bummer, I should have checked the colours first, the only dark colour on this wig is in Espresso and that is far to dark for me ... I just need a dark brown/ medium brown.... so looks like it is back to the search again...lol
  • Misty
    It is hard to find the "right one". Don't lose heart, you will find it. If there is a specific colour you love, there is a search you can do on the Ellen Wille site, and it will bring up all of her wigs available in that colour. I did a test on cinnamon mix for this one. klru90p9n6pw8j71.png.
    It is a lovely day here as well, around 24 degrees. A little blue sky and some clouds. I love this cooler time before the heat of summer starts. It is so dry around where we live at the moment, everything is in drought. There are so many fires still burning this past week. None specifically near us which is a relief. We have 10 acres with a lot of planting that we did for wildlife. This morning I woke up to a pink and grey cockatoo, then lorikeets and afterwards king parrots - so beautiful. This afternoon I will have the cheeky Kookaburra flying in to say hello :hearts:
  • Blossomandme
    Gee Misty you are a hive of information and I will go search out the EW seach button for the colours i like that will be great... Yes I am on 3 acres which is very rare on the North shore of Sydney.,... we are one of only 8 property's her where I Live that have between 3-6 acres .. but 3 acres is plenty ....lol and yes we have all sorts of wild live that comes up onto our land from the National Park, we have Kangaroo's that poo up here , silly things as they have plenty of other grass to do it on besides our back yard...lol, and Just for the last week we have had the pleasure of seeing a mother Duck and I think Daddy duck with which started out with 15 baby ducklings visiting our back yard every morning , sad to say they are now down to 10 babies..as of this morning.... plus the Kookaburra's and magpies and the Cockatoos and pretty colourful parrakeets. The only bad thing is that we are in a very bad paralysis tick area so not good for my dogs. Your 10 Acres sounds like a lot of work ...especially since you still have a job from what I have read..

The Ellen Wille "Run" mono ( the fist of your picture's ) is one that I have my eye on , and the last one is my EW " Ever mono" that I have already ordered in the Dark Chocolate rooted, which one of the ladies here has already purchased and said it was very nice. So I wait patiently for those to arrive in a few weeks at least ...
  • Blossomandme
    I cannot seem to find the place where you search for the EW colours , could you point me in the right direction please....
  • Misty
    If you go to her website, then click on the search icon located top left hand corner of the home page. Type in the name of the colour you like and enter, and then all the wigs that have that colour will load underneath.
    ekp3zgigwtla3k8w.png
    Hope this helps
  • Misty
    Your place sounds beautiful! How do the kangaroos and your beautiful puppies get on together? I hope okay. We usually have some ducks as well, however our lagoon has almost dried up with the drought. I just love our Aussie wildlife. Sad to hear you are in a bad paralysis tick area, we are as well. It was horrendous keeping them off our OES. We still have our clydesdale, and even he has reacted when he has had a tick near the vein on his neck, very sad. Yes, we have our own business, and around 14 employees as well, so definitely keeps me hopping at times!
    If you have difficulty with the search, please let me know the colour you like, and I will send you a link :hearts:
  • Blossomandme
    LOL... we have a house fence around the house so that none of the wild life ( excluding birds ) can come into that part of the yard, and I am sure that my Poms would scare any Kangaroo from coming near the fence , they mainly come up at night time ... Yes we too had our own Business but have now been retired since 2000 , just before the GST came in ... Just finished cooking a few cakes ... that is my other OCD,,,lol
  • Misty
    Our10 acres is fairly open, we just have the 4 acre horse paddock fenced off, and then the main fence around the whole of the property. When we bought the land, we planted a huge amount of trees and shrubs and created a rainforest envoronment, with a couple of areas outside of the horse paddock as open grassed areas. Our OES would be wherever we would be, either playing outside with us, or inside etc. We have deer come through the property which sounds cute, however they cause all sorts of damage. Our clydie doesn't mind them, he thinks they are "relations come to visit" LOL.
    Thinking about what to put on for dinner now, your cake baking would definiely go down well with my two guys (husband and son :hearts: ). Take care xx
  • Vee1028
    I've noticed the wrong measurements on several of EWs wig descriptions. I've ordered and returned 2 Open wigs and can promise you the bangs are closer to 3.5 inches than 1.5. You can see that in the video I linked you to in the other thread where Deb reviewed this wig.
  • Blossomandme
    Sorry Vee but I cannot find the thread that you are talking about... lol.... can you give me a bit more info so I can find it...lol
  • Blossomandme
    Never mind looking Vee as I have since found the link, and I did not know the Reviewer called Deb, so I have since subscribed to her channel... TY . I had trouble finding the link you said you sent as it did not come to my inbox ( email ) but searched until it popped up in here... looked at many Deb's ...lol

So tell me did you like the EW Open and did you keep any at all.... and what did you not like about it... I did notice she mentioned that you could see the wefts on the back, which I noticed also...
  • Vee1028
    I'm so sorry, I really should have put her link above again. It was 4:00am here when I posted and I was headed to bed and guess I thought it would be redundant for me to post the same video again. She does several EW wig reviews and I thought you'd enjoy her reviews. You really should check out some more of her videos.
    No, I did not keep the Open wigs. I absolutely loved this wig on Deb but, like most short wigs that I loved on her or other reviewers, Open was just too short on the sides for me. I had the same thing happen with Date and Sky. So cute on other people, but the sides are just too short for my face and they just don't look right on me. Now I pay close attention to the posted measurements of any style I'm interested in.
    What wigs have you worn and loved or is this a first wig that you are looking for?

https://youtu.be/VF7ar3j_P9Y
  • Blossomandme
    Hi Vee, Well I am not surprised that you missed out on sending a link if it was 4 am in the mornng, that is something I do a lot as I go to bed late ( 1.30pm) and then sleep for a few hours and then either come out to the computer or just persevere and try to go back to sleep until 6 am when then I am up again.... Thanks for the information on the reviewer ( DEB) as I sat up late last night just looking at hers and she does have lots of short reviews.... I sometimes looked at the reviews done by the lady called Heather I think she is from Cys wigs but I then got turned off the wig as they sat so different on her head as she does have such a round face and they seemed to sit much shorter on her.. so I am slowly learning to try to look at others as well.... what is the lady's name who also seems to do the reviews for Ellen Wille herself... I will have to find a link and send to you to look at as I have never seen her name anywhere..

I have only been looking for wigs for about 5 months and have purchased a total of 3 wigs so far , My first I brought was from God Secret ( trying not to spell out the name , LOL ) which was the Sheila petite , then I purchased the EW " Liza petite" and also the RW "Winner" in petite

I have only been trying them on here at home and have not gone out in public at all as yet , I feel that the Liza from EW is too small on my head and feel like it wants to pop off , the other two fit ok ... It seems that I would like to put something from each one together on one to make one that I really like, example the Nap on the Liza petite is only 1.5 and I don't like the top so much on it , it also has a longer fringe and I don;t care much for the colour ( Chocolate mix ) but I just need to give it a trim when I get up the nerve to do so...,,, The Fringe on the Sheila petite is just perfect a good length for me , but the Winner is a bit short ... but the colour is good on both of these two in Dark Brown..

I now have the EW Start and the EW Ever Mono on order , so I will wait to see what these two look like although I am a bit worried that both may have too much hair for my head, but can only wait and see when they arrive, I have ordered The EW Start from PP , and the other from a Retailer here in Sydney.

My own hair is now extremely thin and because of that I have had to keep it cut so very very short, and it is progressively getting worse , so I am just trying to find the wig that I may be happy enough to go out in public with .... otherwise I will become a hermit....LOL

I should have returned the LIza at least but was not quick enough in doing so as they only give you two days in which to decide before you musts send it back...

Well time for breakfast and a cuppa
    Thanks
  • Vee1028
    I am trying to remember the name of that wig model, but not having any success. I think #Moonlitnight probably knows.
    We seriously do have to be careful when watching wig reviews. I've often wished that every reviewer would list her head measurements on her YouTube site. It took me a long time to realize that short wigs would never look the same on me as they do on Deb. This is simply because of head measurements. I can tell better what length a short wig will be on me by looking at Heather's videos. Her face shape in most of her videos is much rounder than mine but her head measurements must be closer to mine than some of the reviewers. Also, Shannon from Canada wigs must have similar measurements to mine. After a while you figure out whose videos to watch. Now, like I said before, I pay more attention to the posted measurements of whatever wig I'm looking at. The side measurement which is usually most important to me begins right about the tab and, since the tab usually hits a little higher on me then on women with a smaller ear-to-ear measurement, I need a little longer-length there.
    Godiva's wigs are all actually wigs made by a different brand with the original brands tag replaced with Godiva tags. I'm not sure which wig Sheila is, but a lot of the Godiva wigs are Noriko brand or Rene of Paris and can usually be bought cheaper from them than from Godiva.
    I am so hoping you find a style you love soon. It can get so expensive trying to find the right one. And 2 days is definitely not long enough to decide if you want to keep one or not! Maybe you can sell some of your mistakes on Ebay or on The Wig Hub. Several of us here do that. Even if you don't recoup all of your money you also don't lose all of it!
    We are going to find you a wig!!
  • Blossomandme
    Vee here is one of the wigs this lady show s but I don't know her name or wig review name ....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeNTWQZbb74
    Shannon from Canada I will have to do a search for as again I have not heard of this lady ... It is so very hard seeing all the different ladies doing the same wig review as they can all look so totally different., but it certainly gives you a better idea at least.. I do like watching PP reviews as she is such a character and she seems so full of life..

I think having the reviewers listing their own measurements plus those of the wig they are reviewing would certainly give us all a much better idea of how they will fit our individual heads.. so what are your measurements if I may ask ?... and exactly were do you start to take the measurements from for the side of the wig , is it taken from the crown of your head or where exactly as I never did quite understand that part...
  • Blossomandme
    Oh and I am so very surprised about The Godiva just using other wigs and changing the labels..... I thought they were all done by themselves and lots of video's . I shall look more at the Noriko and Rene of Paris now...lol
    And thanks for your help in trying to find my new wig ...lol
  • Vee1028
    it's called White Label sellers. They just have other companies Supply the wigs to them with their label sewn in. I know that they're Sabrina is actually a Rene of Paris Tori. Also their Freedom is Sky by Noriko. And I know that you can get these cheaper on normal wigs sites than you can buying them from Godiva.
    Oh, I'm pretty sure the wig model you were talking about is Roxy.
  • Moonlitnight
    Shannon from Canada does reviews for Canada Wigs dot com (which overprices wigs imo) and also sells iWigs (really high end HH wigs). Her Facebook page is The iWig Boutique. Yes, Godiva's just has wigs private labelled under Noriko brands' white label program. Then they make like their wigs are unique and charge more.
  • Blossomandme
    Well looks like I will slowly learn all the cons and pros....lol I wonder what make my Sheila petite from the Godiv ... really was... it is not half bad at all.. I will check out the Canada wigs just for the reviews..
  • Moonlitnight
    It will be either Rene of Paris, Noriko or Amore. I am guessing ROP.
  • Vee1028
    the circumference of my head is just a smidge over 22"....from the top of one ear to top of other ear is 12"....hairline to chin is 8" ...crown to nape is 12".
  • Blossomandme
    I just sat and tried my measurements again, my circumference is 21" ear to ear is 11.5" or poss 12" ( that is measuring from where the ear meets my head on one side to the other side .... hairline to chin is 8"... and front to back is 11.5" ( hair line to nap )
  • Blossomandme
    I also just finished watching a review of Kendal with Nisha, oh you ladies who can wear longer wigs and blonde as well are just so lucky.... it is a pretty wig.
  • Vee1028
    I measured from top of my ear lobe to other ear lobe.
    BTW....I can't see the video you tried to link to above.
  • Blossomandme
    Oh and in my measurements I forgot to add that my crown to nap is 7 "..
  • Vee1028
    I don't do long wigs and I don't do blonde. I have thought of trying Kendall though!!
  • Blossomandme
    OH well I am sure you would look great as a blonde.. Tell me also where you start to measure for the side measurements as that confuses me....
  • Blossomandme
    So what wig are you wearing in your profile picture... it looks good on you.. and is that close to your natural colour ?
  • Vee1028
    the side measurement of a wig is taken from the side tabs. So, if the side is 3" it falls 3" from that tab. The tabs always hit me at about the top of my earlobe or a bit above. On some people the tab comes lower down so the sides would be longer.
    Thanks! The wig in my profile picture is Kona by Belletress. It is my first wig that isn't really short and I really want to try others. Nothing past my shoulders though! The color is Mocha with Cream and is very close to my natural color.
    When I first started wearing wigs my own hair was blonde with dark roots so, I did wear a lot of lighter colors then. I really do prefer Auburn and light browns though.
  • Blossomandme
    Vee I just looked again at your profile and I can't believe that you are 71 years old , are you sure...lol..... you certainly do not look that age, you must have had a good life...lol
    I too used to colour my own hair with some Auburn highlights on my own dark brown hair...
    I just went to the Canada site to see the reviews and found one that I thought looked good, I will pop in the link and hope that it works for you.... it is Called "Renew" byGabor, and the lady doing the review states that the colour is R30+ Paprika, but in the colour swatches for that wig that colour looks nothing like what she is wearing.... I quite like the colour she has on in the video, but not if it turned out anything like the swatch...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBV8M0bPXEM
  • Vee1028
    nooooooo.....not 71!! I will be 66 in October.
    Paprika is definitely going to be a very red auburn!! I think it looks pretty much the same in videos and swatch. Check out Heather's video of the color.

https://youtu.be/q6mHEeF9IAw
  • Blossomandme
    OMG I just looked back at where I thought I had read your age , LOL>>> but it is the number of Likes that is 72 on your profile... .... boy I really stuffed up well and truly on that one... I turned 69 just last month...and you do look amazing for 65...:hearts:
  • Moonlitnight
    nooooooo.....not 71!! I will be 66 in October.Vee1028
    :rofl:
  • animallover
    Really enjoyed reading through this post.....I love animals and wildlife and love reading about them. My husband and I both want to go to Australia someday, God willing. We have almost 4 acres and have tons of wildlife come through, bears, deer, moose, skunks, etc.....tons of birds we feed, squirrels and chipmunks, love watching them while we have our morning coffee. Our dog thinks that the smaller mammals are to chase up trees but knows enough to stay away from the bigger ones..........of course, if we know there is a dangerous one around she does not go out!! Just saw a bobcat and that one scares me with the dog so we go out with her.

Anyways, I was looking at Open and am so glad I read through this. Vee1028...thanks for mentioning that the sides were too short, made me go back and look and you were right. I was mostly looking at the back. It reminded me of Hairdo's textured fringed bob which I love.

Thanks again all :razz:
  • Misty
    Hi animallover, thank you! I love our native animals, and loved reading about as well as your ones. We really planted to bring the wildlife in, and it certainly has done that.
    Bears sound a little scary LOL, our son was recently on a trip to Russia adventuring as he does, and sent this photo back to me! Glad to say he is home safe again now. y5w0f0ynqr1kc3rz.jpeg
  • Moonlitnight
    A Kodiak? Amazing photo of a truly beautiful animal.
  • Misty
    Oagkneiyqe3j6ubzc.jpeg
    Our son was fairly up close and personal to him, but he called him a grizzly bear "baby"! Absolutely gorgeous country he was exploring. He summitted the volcanoes and mountains.
  • Moonlitnight
    How beautiful! He does look like a grizzly. Plenty of those around BC.
  • Misty
    They look really scary! Hope there are none near you.
  • Moonlitnight
    Just brown bear here (I hope). I see river otters in the sea outside, sometimes a whole group of them playing.
  • Misty
    Oh, how gorgeous, you have a very special part of the world to live in. I saw otters when we were in Milford Sound in New Zealand - beautiful creatures. We used to have platypus in our creek, but one year the drought was too bad, and they moved on to a larger dam/creek area.
  • Moonlitnight
    I would LOVE to see a platypus.
  • Misty
    They are very shy, I used to take my book down and folding chair, and sit and read, and after a little while they would peak at you, and then start playing! Very cute.
  • Moonlitnight
    How wonderful! One day I will visit Australia.
  • Misty
    That would be wonderful! My bucket list includes Canada, such a beautiful part of the world. xox
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.