• Blossomandme
    Just wondering if anyone has been successful in making their wigs smaller and if so what way did you do it.... cut it or sew it ... Most wigs are average size and I am a petite ... but most of the petite wigs are very limited in what you can buy ... so hoping someone will have done resizing .
  • Misty
    Hi Blossomandme, I have made a wig cap smaller by sewing three rows of the wefts together, sewing the first three rows immediately underneath the ear tabs. I also sewed the adjustment tab that goes from the ear tab to the nape of the wig and made this material a bit smaller as well. This worked fine to make the wig cap nice and snug for me. I know there are viedos out there showing how you can cut the wig, however I would be loath to do that.
  • Blossomandme
    Yes I have seen a couple of wig reviews where they cut out the wefts but I would be too worried about doing that , so your idea does sound best... At present the wigs I have are all petite so no problems there , but the two new one's I have on order are both petite /average so I won't know how they fit until they arrive which I expect is another 3 weeks away as yet.
  • Ali
    I have sewn wefts together. I am a petite size and have a flat area in the back of my head which always causes a bump of extra cap even in petites. Unfortunately it still didn’t feel like it fit perfectly. I’ve since started wearing hand tied caps which I feel fits much better,without alterations even in an average. It seems to hug my head in all directions and adapt to my imperfections. More expensive but nicer in so many ways.
  • Blossomandme
    Hi Ali , that sounds like a good suggestion... One of my first purchase was a 100% hand tied EW short wig and also in petite size as I have a very small head, but found that it was probably a bit too small as it feels like it wants to pop off my head all the time... so I too am looking now at getting a pet/average and hopefully in another 100% hand tied as I agree they seem to be smaller than just the normal Petite size wig . If I can find it of course ...
  • Ali
    my only experience with hand tied Is with Jon Renau. The Sarah, I like the way the avg fits. I do use a glue at the lace front though for security. Ordered my Rachel ( another JR hand tied) and it comes next week. Can’t wait!
  • Blossomandme
    Thanks and I am looking at the Jon Renau and they seem to have some nice one's too.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.