• Moonlitnight
    Most of us have complaints about our wigs, it seems. For me, much as I love the styles of my HD wigs (RW Scene Stealer and BT Sugar Rush) I hate the poor quality, matting synthetic fibre. If you were given free rein to create the perfect wig, what features would it have or not have?
  • Happy to ve Retired
    I like the HD fiber from Jon Renau - but i think for rooted colors they should address their lace fronts. The dark roots there are unpopular.
  • Moonlitnight
    Do you have a long wig in the JR HD?
  • Happy to ve Retired
    Not yet!! I have mostly chin length. But i love the look of the fiber compared to regular synthetic.
  • Moonlitnight
    Mine are all longer and I think that HD in the longer length is the problem. Long wigs tangle and HD fibre just mats when it rubs against something, even the same fibre, The less fakey shiny look is great though.
  • Shar W
    Human hair for sure. 100% handtied. Lower density like around 115-120. Super soft lace front. Silk top for the most realistic scalp and being able to part anywhere you want.
  • PhyllisB
    Short cut, true petite cap, temple-to-temple lace front, under $250. There are very few pixie styles with all of those requirements. Ellen Wille seems to have the most but they are not all true petite; most that I've looked at are petite/average. And some are $400-500; this girl's budget doesn't allow for that expense.
  • Moonlitnight
    So my perfect wig would be a blend of ash and platinum blonde with a hint of 613 so that it isn't too stark, slightly longer than Sugar Rush, layered at the front, NOT HD, preferably HH, mono plus lace front, with very subtle shading at the roots, and the Solace cap. It would also come with the latest model Jaguar.
  • Ali
    I agree. Roots can be too dark along hairline. It would be nicer with highlights brought in at the lace front.
  • Ali
    ha ha I can see you in your new Jaguar, sporting your perfect platinum blonde hair.
  • Ali
    Long, about 15”, with natural looking layers and beach wave curls but not overdone. Medium to low density. Soft soft soft to the touch with a resistance to matting (wouldn’t we all love that)

My perfect wig would be easy care synthetic, not too shiny with a natural blend of colors, rooted with a slightly darker color. I’d love to find a warm rich red blend with gold and brown high and low lights. Lace front, fully hand tied cap. With highlights along the hairline to frame the face and soften the look of the darker roots next to the lace front. I would need a petite cap and one that adapts to the head shape. I’d like the cap to feel snug all over taking the pressure off the band at the nape. I’d love a couple removable clips in the nape area to see if that helps keep it from slipping,

I’d love it if it would retail for a realistic $300 or less. And would last at least 6 months.
  • Moonlitnight
    :) I had forgotten the hand-tied part and the softer colour around the face—both really important.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    human hair - the pics i gave seen of the iwigs all show relatively straight hair. If you curl it - does it hold between shampoos? I have read they are more maintenance.
  • Moonlitnight
    HH does require a lot of maintenance. It behaves exactly like it is, human hair. That means it might need re-styling between shampoos. It is by no means as easy to "plunk on and get on with it" as synthetic. People like it because it feels more real to them and moves more naturally. iWigs are also available in wavy virgin European hair and one other (Brazilian or Mongolian, I don't recall which).
  • Happy to ve Retired
    Did you ever get your iwig???
  • Moonlitnight
    Yes. It as absolutely beautiful in terms of quality but the roots were way too dark for me so I returned it. I will be getting one with shadowed roots instead but that may be a way off. The cap is like angel wings wrapped around your head.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    So they allow returns??? Only exchanges for color???
  • Moonlitnight
    I am not dealing with them directly. I am dealing with Shannon. These wigs are gone as soon as they are shown, so mine will not be hanging around long. Shannon has a Facebook page where you can see all the wigs as they become available and sell.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    Curious - why not a hh wig by one of the brands? What is the difference??
  • Moonlitnight
    For me, I want to know where my hair came from, what kind it is, and know that when I wash it, it will not mat into a clump. I am not saying the brands all do that but I would way prefer dealing with this brand, with its beautiful cap, and extremely high quality.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    Curious - cost? How did you find shannon?
  • Shar W
    Yes,they do hold well. I wear my short one to work and I might add a couple curls in between shampoos. I wash mine every 2 weeks. I let it dry upside down over night. It has a nice natural wave to it. Then I just add a few curls and fluff it. I do think the longer wigs are more high maintenance whether it’s HH or synthetic. My short one is European hair so it has a natural wave. A lot of the HH ones are Brazilian hair which is straighter and may not hold a curl as long.
  • Taylor75
    Ear to ear lace front
    Hand tied
    Lighter root colors
    Double mono top
    European hair
    lighter highlights at the front if the wig is rooted.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.