• Nikilet
    Just how delicate is the lace in these wigs? Many things I've read make it sound like the lace is awfully easy to stretch out.
  • Vee1028
    I don't find it too delicate at all! Mine have all held up well and I have never seen anyone here complain about them being too delicate.
  • Nikilet
    So apparently this is just one of those cases where they scare you off by over-warning.Thanks.
  • dc21
    I have trimmed my lace fronts and haven't experienced fraying or stretching ever. I think it does happen but isn't common. When my wigs die, it has never been because of the lace front.
  • Misty
    Hi Nikilet, and welcome! I have been wearing Jon Renau lace fronts for over six years now. The lace front stands up really well, however where I live in our very humid times (in summer) if my wig is a month or so old, and we have almost a week of extremely high humidity (which means more washings to keep the wig fresh) the lace front can "bubble' slightly, and then not sit flat on my forehead. I don't believe this is unique to JR lacefronts, as I have worn some other brands during this time, and the same thing happens. I have seen a video where it shows how you can stitch and re-tighten this area, however I have not tried that myself.
  • Nikilet
    Thanks for this information. Since you have been wearing lace front for a long time, do you use any product like It Stays to keep the wig in place at the hairline, and if so, will this do any damage to a lace front? And I thank you too dc21. All the information helps so much.
  • dc21
    Yes, I use It Stays or Got2B. It hasn't caused any damage. My makeup builds up on the lace, but will come off if you gently wipe or run under water. I wash my full-time hair weekly. If your head is narrow ear to ear, than you may have to sew a tuck in to make the lace lay properly. My head size is solidly average and I don't have to worry about that
  • Misty
    I don't use any product like Got2B Glued or It Stays. I find the wig cap fits comfortably as is on my head. I am also highly sensitive to glues and tapes, so I have not been brave enough to try these.
  • zeo
    The lace of the lace wig is not so easy to stretch, and you won't deliberately pull it. I don't like to apply any glue to my head, so I only buy glueless lace wigs.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.