• Nikilet
    I would like a lace front wig similar to Raquel Welch's Chic Alert, except ...
    I love the Chic Alert's top/front. It's perfect. But I would like something that is maybe 3" to 5" longer otherwise. If anyone has seen something like this please let me know so I can check it out.
  • Xelda
    What about the Ellen Wille Jamila Plus? Someone asked about a wig similar to Nicole Kidman's hair when it was curly. I found that one. Not many colors to choose from unfortunately.
  • Nikilet
    I thank you for the suggestion, but this one is too curly and too much hair I think.
  • buckeyegal1963
    Henry Margu Paulina is a mid length curly wig, or you wanting more of a beachy wave style?
  • Nikilet
    Henry Margu Paulinabuckeyegal1963

Once again, I thank you but too curly, too much hair.
  • buckeyegal1963
    Ok, RW Chic Alert also looks like a lot of hair from the photos and reviews I've seen. If you are wanting more of a beachy wave that isn't so poofy, most of the brands have several options to choose from. I think you can also search most sites by hair texture and length.
  • Nikilet
    I've done a lot of searching.I was hoping maybe I missed something that someone else would be aware of. I love Chic Alert, if only it were just a bit longer. I don't think I want beachy waves. I want curl, but not the tight, ringlet type curl of the Ellen Wille Jamila Plus or Henry Margu Paulina.
  • Vee1028
    Have you thought about Gabor's Sweet Talk or Curl Appeal. Curl Appeal is a bit longer. I know you said Jamilla Plus was too curly, but as someone who owned Chic Alert, trust me...it looks the same.
  • Nikilet
    I appreciate your time to give me these options. Guess I've got it in my head what I want and don't feeling very willing to settle for something else. I don't like the Sweet Talk at all, and the Cur Appeal is way to curly. I don't like those ringlet curls. I stumbled across the Gabor Horizon, which would be closer to what I'm thinking but it's not lace front. I've never had a lace front wig and I promised myself my next wig would be lace front. I got an email flyer for 30% off at wigs.com, so I took the plunge. I ordered the Chic Alert and I guess we'll see.
    I think I will be happy with it. It's a pre-order deal so don't know when I'll get it.
  • Vee1028
    I see no reason why you couldn't get that look from your Chic Alert. The pictures I posted here for you of mine was straight out of the box with no attempt at styling or fluffing. I knew I was going to se it and wanted to keep the integrity of the curls intact.
  • BeautyWithin
    You can try something longer because of the wave pattern and have it trimmed to the length you want.
  • Debbie
    how about Gabor Modern Motif ? Well, maybe not
  • Nikilet
    Gabor Modern MotifDebbie

We have only one wig shop within 100 miles of where I live. I went there to browse once and I haven't been back. So getting a wig and then having it cut is not an option for me. But thank you for the idea anyway.
  • Nikilet
    I checked that out but I don't care for the top. Thanks for the lead. Actually, I might take that back. I found a video by that Taz on this wig and I quite liked it. it might be a consideration if the Chic Alert I ordered doesn't pan out -- or for another time. Thanks again.
  • Debbie
    :smile:
  • Debbie
    Nikilet, I hope Chic Alert works out. Please let us know. I might like to try that one too
  • Nikilet
    It sounds now like it will be mid Dec. before I get it.
  • Vee1028
    really? Have you looked on the outlet too?
  • Nikilet
    No. I see they have it on the wigoutlet.com, but if I can't get it through wigs.com wouldn't it be back ordered through the wig outlet too?
  • buckeyegal1963
    The wigs on the outlet are returned items, so if it's listed over there it would be available.
  • Vee1028
    check the outlet just in case one in the color you need has been returned.
  • Barbaraann72
    That was me! And just like Nikilet, I cannot for the life of me find what I'm looking for. I have a sneaking suspicion we're looking for similar curl patterns.
  • Vee1028
    have you looked at Hudson by Rene of Paris? That may be just what you want!
  • Barbaraann72
    I have! Hudson is pretty close, but no red. Tony of Beverly in sunset, Madame Belle in Paprika and Envy in Lighter red are my go-to colors. I'll just keep stalking their websites for new styles!
  • Vee1028
    awwwww....good luck!
  • Nikilet
    My delivery of Chic Alert went from mid-December to it's being delivered tomorrow, Oct. 29th. I am so excited, and also fearful. So many times I've pulled a wig out of the box and my heart has sank. We shall see. I will let you all know what I think of it.
  • Vee1028
    soooooooo....was it a go or a no???
  • Nikilet
    I'm so disappointed to have to report that this wig is way too small for me. I don't understand it. It's average and I have about 5 or 6 other Raquel Welch wigs that I have no problem with. I'm going to have to return this wig and I love it, as I knew I would. I'm wondering if it's a manufacturing flaw and I did bring up that possibility when I called the company so hope they will measure it and make sure for me.
  • PennyC
    Niklet, if you really love it, it's not that difficult to enlarge a wig. It helps to have some basic sewing skills. I watched a video or two and did it first on an older wig I wasn't wearing much. it makes a huge difference in comfort.
    You basically cut off the adjuster straps, cut between two of the wefts in back, and sew in a small piece of the strap elastic. I've done it on two different brands of wig, and neither one frayed. It's definitely not scary.
  • Vee1028
    it fit my average size head perfectly. What is your head measurement?
  • Vee1028
    great idea! I've also seen this done.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.