• DeniseJH
    Is this something that is most usually done, or only on middle parts, or really straight wigs? Do any of you always do this to make the wig more realistic?

Thanks,
    Denise
  • Vee1028
    I have never seen any reason to pluck the part on any of my wigs.
  • DeniseJH
    Thanks Vee. I haven't but wondered if others do. I've mostly seen it done on AA wigs, and it does improve the look.
  • Vee1028
    I almost remarked that I've rarely seen it done except on AA wigs. I wouldn't know where to start! I do know that AA women put in quite a bit of work to nake a wig their own!
  • buckeyegal1963
    I haven't plucked any of mine either. Many of the AA brands come with a doll like part, which is not natural looking, I think that's where the plucking and concealer come into play. Unfortunately most of those AA wigs don't come in any blonde shades that would work for me, otherwise I would try customizing myself, they're certainly more economical.
  • Misty
    Hi Denise, I have worn a few different brands, Henry Margu, Jon renau, Amore, Ttress Allure to mention a few, and have never plucked a part. My thoughts my hair costs a lot and the hairs drop out quick enough by themselves LOL
  • DeniseJH
    Oh my goodness yes! But when they're done that hair looks like it's THEIRS!!
  • DeniseJH
    Thanks! Guess I won't try it (not that I wanted to), but anything to make them look as real as possible.
  • DeniseJH
    LOL! Thanks!!
  • BeatA
    I have done it, because I have no hair underneath and when there is a monopart it looks very realistic when you can see my scalp shine through. Some wigs are too dense. But with most wigs it is not necessary.
  • Erzsike
    The wigs I have worn in the past have had mono tops so there was no need to pluck. The wig I wear now is open cap so I cannot pluck! LOL!
  • Erzsike
    What is an AA wig???
  • BeautyWithin
    African American. A good friend at church is AA and she wears wigs too. We are always laughing about new wig adjustments. It's nice to have someone else in person to get feedback from. I have plucked the part on some of my wigs. Funny this came up today because I noticed this morning I need to pluck some hairs on the front part of my Kendall. Just a little bit to increase the realism. I've watched numerous AA vids on YouTube regarding making the front hairline and part realistic. Tons of helpful info. Check it out.
  • Erzsike
    Thanks for the info! I will check out YouTube! Right now, the wig I wear is open cap with lace front and no mono part. Can't pluck what is not there! LOL! But I have gotten mono parts in the past so this will be helpful if I get a wig like that again. xxoo
  • BeautyWithin
    There are even videos for making a natural looking part in a cap too. You use foundation or concealer, some people use paint. It's quite interesting. Have fun!
  • Vee1028
    AA refers to African Americans.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.