• Happy to ve Retired
    I usually wear jon renau hd fiber. I think these fibers are more realistic and less shiny than JR synthetics. Similarly, i like hd fibers in RW brand - but concerned about the wear. I know about dry shampoo on synthetics - but it is still not the same look.

I just ordered a Henry Margu wig and it is a synthetic. I have read good things about their fibers. I am nervous because it is syntyetic. Has anyone found them to be too shiny?

What brands of wigs tend to have less shiny fibers? It also seems to impact the color a great deal.
  • Vee1028
    I think that unnatural shine is worse on blonde wigs. I don't have a problem with it on the darker colors I wear. I wear JR mostly
  • Misty
    I have a Henry Margu Violet in a blonde shade.It is a little shiny, but no more so than Jon Renau Zara that I wear. After a couple of washes, the shine seems to drop down a bit.
  • animallover
    I only have 4 wigs, Gabor, RW, Henry Margu and Hairdo. The Hairdo is the only one that is HD. If I had known that I would love the HD fiber so much I would have only ordered HD from the start. It is not shiny and it feels like human hair and is so silky. I love it. And is blonde. My Gabor is the shiniest, again a blondish shade. My RW is in the red shades and is just a little shiny but the fiber is kind of thick and coarse, and my Henry M is not very shiny at all . It is a strawberry blonde color. But I still am in love with the Hairdo HD fiber! Oh, and I have used cornstarch on the Gabor when I first received it because I didn't have any dry shampoo. It helped a lot with the shine and didn't have a smell like the dry shampoo does.

Which reminds me to thank you V for letting me know that the textured fringed bob by Hairdo was at wigoutlet in my color...with my first time discount I paid $50!! Great deal...thanks my friend :rofl:
  • Happy to ve Retired
    wow - so the 50 wig is your favorite????
  • animallover
    Yes, it is my favorite and is now my "signature" wig when we are not on the road. Actually, even when we are working on the road I wear it the most. I just love it, it is so comfortable...and did I mention I LOVE the fiber!?! It is also the one wig that people comment on every single time I wear it.
  • Vee1028
    you're so welcome! Don't we all love getting a good deal!??!
    And definitely HD blondes look more real than synthetic ones
  • Happy to ve Retired
    fringed bob by hairdo????? I am surprised because I know you loved the HM wig - much pricier (haha). I only have worn HD because I also like the fiber. So is Hairdo also made by the RW people - so it is tru2life? I have only worn JR hd and have loved it. This is very interesting. I was under the impression that Hairdo had less "coverage" - I have not personally seen one. HMMMM
  • animallover
    :up: :flower: :smile:
  • Happy to ve Retired
    I am curious - obviously you like the fibers on Hairdo more than the HM wig - but would you say that it is also really nice fibers? I just checked and the hairdo is the same as the RW line - tru2life fibers. I have to say I love those fibers as well.
  • Blossomandme
    Vee I can't see any Hairdo on the place that you told to use.... the site that I am looking at has a red tag showing as part of is name .... does that sound like the right place
  • Blossomandme
    Its ok I have now found Hairdo.... thanks
  • animallover
    " I am curious - obviously you like the fibers on Hairdo more than the HM wig - but would you say that it is also really nice fibers? " Did you mean do I think that the HM wig has nice fibers? If so, than yes, the fibers are really nice on my Kendall too, however, I just don't like having to deal with the tangling, and the bangs falling in my face. The fibers are quite different from each other though, and I guess if pushed I really like the Hairdo HD fiber a lot.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    that actually was the question:). The hm wig i am getting is much shorter so i am hoping it is great. :).

I really do love the hd fibers so i can relate to your point.
  • Vee1028
    ohhhh....what HM wig are you getting?
  • Happy to ve Retired
    hi - i ordered farrah. It is a bob - wiglady did a video review. It is just a tad longer. I am concerned about the shine since it is a synthetic - but i think HM has really saturated colors. We will see. I got it at nbw so i will have to pay restocking fee if i hate it so fingers crossed.
  • buckeyegal1963
    The only HD fiber wig I have is RW Big Time, and personally I don't like the texture and feel of the hair at all, it feels and looks a little greasy to me. There's also the clumping/matting issue with HD, tho that's probably not as big of an issue with the short styles. I prefer the texture of my non hd JR's and HM, the feel softer and silkier. Yes, they are shinier, but dry shampoo and a wash or two take care of that.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    hi - the colors are different on an hd fiber as well. It is a personal preference i think whether hd or not. Some hd issues do go away with shorter styles. I also think the rw tends to clump a bit more. I dont like that clumping. You need to comb more often and that wears on the hd fiber.
  • Vee1028
    I agree the colors are definitely a little different on the HD fiber wigs and I like them better. And you don't have the problems with the HD fibers on short wigs that you have on the longer ones. But, don't you have as many problems with synthetic hair on the longer wigs?
  • buckeyegal1963
    My JR Minka is a couple of inches past my shoulders, so it's longish. I've been wearing her 5 days a week, 10 hours a day for about 5 months and she still looks pretty good. I think using the Simply Stylin' spray has helped enormously in keeping Minka in good shape.
  • Vee1028
    I'm sure the simply stylin' helped a lot too. Doesn't it work as well on linger HD styles though?
  • buckeyegal1963
    I would think that it would help on the longer HD styles, but since the only HD wig I own is Big Time which really isn't that long I'm not sure. I'm probably going to end up selling Big Time, I just don't like the feel of the fibers and the back of the wig is on the thin side. I really need to start sending them back if I don't like them instead of trying to make them work.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    i have found that i typically need to thin the wigs and i also woukd like to buy wigs i did not need to train. I am in the process of training a Heat and i find i need to wear it around the house for a good day. The heat from my head makes the cap feel better and then i can trim and thin and try to get it to fall the way i like it.

This is why i am trying the HM and RW bobs as i hope they are more ready to wear. Straight up with a twist is very close so i am just waiting for the HM wig to see if it is ready to wear.
  • Vee1028
    yes!! Stop keeping the ones you don't love! Seriously, Kona and my $117 Crowd Pleaser are the only 2 wigs I've kept since way before this forum started.
  • Vee1028
    thankfully I haven't had to thin any of my wigs yet. If they don't look right when I put them on they go right back!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.