• BeatA
    I just watched the video of Roxy with Classic Cool one of the new styles of RW and I love the memory cap 3 with the added silicone to the stretchy parts. They used to only do this for HH hair so I am thrilled. I wonder what other wigs have this? For baldies the silicone is awesome it prevents slippage and is gentle of the scalp. It makes a huge difference. I wonder if the folks at wigs.com could have site search tool to look for wigs that have silicone in the caps?
    Hello wigs.com monitors are you listening?
  • Vee1028
    Hellooooo...eellooooo....ellooooo
    Echo...echo....echo...
    Nope....we have been abandoned
    From what I could see it is a very limited selection right now. I found a page at wig dot discussing it and it listed 7 wigs I believe.

ltib6uw7lfrzohu3.jpg
  • Samantha
    I recently bought my first wig with this feature and I like it, though slippage has never been an issue for me. I did have to laugh this past weekend, as I was out of town, and it was quite cold outside. The silicone strips inside the wig felt very chilly against my scalp, which for some reason I found humorous. Only us baldies would know what it feels like to have cold silicone pressed against our noggins lol...
  • Samantha
    I was wearing Stop Traffic, btw.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    is it true that there is no wigs.com presence? I know moonlitnight was volunteering as moderator - not sure why no wigs.com personnel involved. I am guessing all automated so website names flagged and else - we are on our own. Hmmmmm
  • Vee1028
    someone back there must be paying attention to the forum but there just doesn't seem to be the presence here like when #alex was here. I suppose we don't really need anyone but it was always nice to have Alex here too ask about some things to do with company policy and such
  • BeatA
    thanks for the list Vee.
    Yeah I’ve been super busy and the forum is fizzling is t it? The wigs.com folks are totally dropping the ball. So sad! We had a good thing going here for a while.
  • Vee1028
    yes, they have totally "dropped the ball" and yes, it really is sad. I'm not sure how much more I will be here either. I've been trying to just stay off of it as I'm so disgusted with the entire thing. I thought I would bring myself off slowly but maybe I need to go cold turkey like Antonia did.
  • Xelda
    I wish I had found the forum when I was going through the hardest part of chemo. I couldn't sleep so I'd shop on wig websites at night. I felt further alienated by the beautiful models or at worst the Styrofoam heads. Finding this site was a true gift along with all the wonderful personalities here. Some people really need a place like this. Each and every one of you are a treasure. I want y'all to know that. No matter if you stay or leave, you've helped more people than you know.
  • Xelda
    I forgot to add my comment. I only have one RW wig and am no help to you. I'm sorry, BeatA.
  • buckeyegal1963
    I agree, the women here have helped me so much and it's a bit sad to see this community slowly dying off :sad:
  • Vee1028
    what a beautiful post. I think sometimes we forget how much this forum helps women who are new to wigs. I think you just gave me reason to stay.
  • Xelda
    Thank you Vee and thank you everyone that has and will contribute to this forum. We often tie our self worth to our appearance. To be here means something has happened to our natural/bio hair. We can come in like wounded animals looking for answers and find others with more experience willing to help. This is a shelter filled with warm, caring people that I am happy to have the pleasure to interact with. Kind words here can mean the world to someone that's hurting.
  • Samantha
    Beautifully said :hearts:
  • KB7707
    Well said!!!
  • Vee1028
    and thank you so much. You and all the other ladies here make this forum the warm, supportive place it is.
  • PhyllisB
    Advanced French by RW has the silicone lined cap; it's a short style though. I've been eyeing it up and decided that it will be my next purchase.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.