• mcvoice
    Hello Friends. I got the new Ocean by Ellen Willie. EW doesn't seem (to me anyway) to have as many blonde color options the way that RW or Jon Renau does! But I do have another EW wig and like it a lot. SO I decided to try EW Ocean (cause girls & guys - i LOVE ME SOME BANGS! LOL). This color is "Campaign Rooted" and generally I lean a little more toward the "warmer" blonde - but this EW Ocean In champaign seems a bit cooler. Also, it's a bit longer than I usually wear -although I think not too long. BUT WHAT DO YOU THINK?? (PS I did NOT photo shop this pic so the wrinkles & lack of foundation are REAL hahaha).noo25uskv0wu5we7.jpeg
  • buckeyegal1963
    Very pretty, I think the color suits you as well! Yes, Ellen Wille doesn't have much of a color selection, some styles there are only 8 shades available, and I don't think more than 12 in others. I had United in Caramel lighted for a brief time, it was way lighter than the thumbnail swatch portrayed.
  • RhondaG
    This is gorgeous on you!
  • mcvoice
    Thank you Becky. I am not sure why EW doesn't offer more colors. I do like their hair in terms of both quality and style. But color is really lacking.
  • mcvoice
    Thank you Rhonda. Wasn't sure about the color but I think if I'm getting good feedback it's probably good :)
  • Blossomandme
    This looks really beautiful on you and so very real.... I am jealous as I cannot wear anything but short wigs with not very much hair on them .lol
  • mcvoice
    Thanks for your kind words. I'm sure you look lovely too! Are you new to wigs? many time going from thin/little/no hair to a full wig takes some getting used to. Then after a while you start getting used to seeing yourself with alternative hair and you realize you can actually wear more hair! It was that way with me at first. Thought I looked silly in wigs, went to toppers, went back to a wig and now that's all I wear. I love my add on hair!
  • Blossomandme
    Thanks for the kind words , but I just tried an Ellen Wille "Start" wig and looked like Phylass Diller from a scary movie, and plus another Ellen Wille " Ever "wig both far too much hair for my tiny head... so they were supposed to be petite/average , so will just have to make sure I always just try to buy petite size only but also with pixie type cuts.. so looking at other sites for suggestions. Ellen Wille does have some but they don't have any in the colour I want .. so will just keep on looking ...
  • RhondaG
    the color looks great on you!
  • Samantha
    Beautiful! The color really suits you well. The style and color look so natural.
  • mcvoice
    thank you so much! Sometimes it’s hard to decide yourself!
  • mcvoice
    thank you so much!
  • Vee1028
    I love the color and the style. Both totally suit you!
  • mcvoice
    Thank you Vee. Appreciate it. Little longer than I usually wear but I think it looks authentic and youthful (and not like I'm trying too hard lol)
  • Vee1028
    I totally agree@
  • DonnaK
    Beautiful on you!
  • A7X
    Another "yes" vote for great style and color - this one looks very natural on you! A winner!
  • mcvoice
    Thank you AZX
    Sweet of you Donna
  • animallover
    Looks great and the color suits you very well.....good choice!
  • BeautyWithin
    This looks so good on you! What wrinkles? Whatever girl, you look great. Seriously fabulous skin. The wig color is very natural with your skin tone.
  • mcvoice
    Oh you are very kind! thank you!
  • JanetG
    I am giving it a yes vote too. The color compliments your skin tone very well. Good choice.
  • Erzsike
    PERFECT! and you don't have wrinkles and look amazing! So, so pretty. That wig is a keeper!
  • Candy D
    I think its beautiful!
  • Debbie
    that’s the one ‼️ Looks beautiful on you and oh so real
  • Taylor75
    Simply gorgeous :-)
  • jojogrand
    That color and style suits you very well, looks great on you. I seem to have the opposite thoughts, EW wigs have more blonde colors than Raquel Welch. There is one RW that I like but doesn't come in any blonde shade I like.
  • rpwatson
    Love the style and color on you.
  • Xelda
    That wig looks gorgeous on you. We want to hear about all the hearts you're breaking in your new EW wig.
  • mcvoice
    aww Xelda, you are sweet and funny!
  • mcvoice
    Thank you Candy! you look beautiful in your profile pic!
  • Candy D
    mcvoice Thank you very much!:wink: I'm wearing JR's Miranda in Laguna blonde.
  • Larry
    Hi,
    I’m working on a book about baldness and the social and emotional impact that comes with losing your hair. It will be an anthology and I’m looking for contributors. It will be a non profit project. Any money that will come from sales will go to paying expenses in producing this book, and any other money will go to charities such as the National Alopecia Areata Foundation and the American Cancer Society.

I’m looking for personal stories and essays about topics associated with hair loss such as wigs, beauty, coping skills and embracing baldness.

God bless,

Larry S. Barbee
  • Sunset
    NICE!!
  • SuzieQ
    Mcvoice-
    I love this wig on you. It looks totally natural. You are beautiful! I have hashimoto’s which causes many issues including hair loss. I sat at the back of gatherings for years so people wouldn’t look at my head. Now I feel pretty again. I proudly wear my wigs and feel more confident.
    I have a few favorite blonde colors. I am currently totally in love with belle tress Champagne with apple pie. oov43q0l28warn47.jpeg
  • Dolly
    Hey - it's me! I think it looks good but I like you in your usual warmer colors best, BUT, it could be that I'm just used to seeing you in those....You know how you get used to seeing someone in something, then that becomes the norm...Also, I've found that when you change from warmer to cooler colors - or when you change colors at all, you have to make subtle adjustments in your make-up...Sometimes that makes all the difference in the world!
  • Klavisha
    LIke everyone else, I don't see anything wrong with your skin. It looks fine in your photo. None of us should feel the need to apologize for not wearing makeup or foundation; it is a personal choice but not a social necessity. Also, I share your frustration over Ellen Wille's limited color selection compared to other wigmakers. But the colors EW does have are pretty. I have three EW wigs in three brunette shades.
  • Sarah3740
    Love it! Thank you for sharing! Never would have considered it without your post! Just ordered one in Chocolate Mix - hope it looks half as good on me as it does on you!!
  • VocalEyes
    I love the cut and color! I was thinking about that one and it’s gorgeous!
  • dc21
    Is this Rose Ella? You look beautiful!
  • SuzieQ
    Yes, this is Rose Ella and thank you so much. Made this grand mother happy.
  • mcvoice
    thanks! I still love warmer - cool just “isn’t me” as much as the warmer blondes
  • goldcapp
    You look wonderful in the Ellen Wille wig. I have several wigs in champagne rooted by EW and feel that these wigs are very natural looking. Also, champagne rooted is my favorite color!
    Attachment
    IMG_0432 (164K)
  • Sarah3740
    Hmmm, so I just got mine in the bangs look a lot different than yours. Did you have to do something to get the bangs to sweep off your head like that? Mine seem shorter and lay flat against my four head. I hesitate to try anything to get them to look like yours for risk of not being able to return it.. Thanks!
  • PennyC
    According to the company's description, the bangs are 5" long. It looks like mcvoice smoothed hers into the longer side pieces?
  • Sarah3740
    Hmmm, mine were much shorter than 5 inches, not the first time I’ve received a piece with bangs that were shorter than advertised. Sadly, I think I’ll return it.
  • PennyC
    Do it.
    I received a wig on Thursday, a new style for me, and although I loved it, I realized immediately that I could never be happy with the color. I had to pack it right up and start the return process... and plan on waiting another week for the replacement. Oh well.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.