• Luvnappin
    Anyone else think Oprah was wearing a wig for her campaigning in Georgia this week? Or is my wigdar off?
  • Cathe Lartigue
    Wig or not. I love her!
  • Happy to ve Retired
    cathy - welcome back!!!!! It has been dead here.

I love oprah as well. I think one time she addressed tye wig question on tv and said it was all ger own hair - but my wig is my own hair as well ;)
  • kaileeren
    I think Oprah has add ins like everyone else. Hey whatever works
  • alicexm
    Isn’t this a little like “outing” her if she’s wearing faux hair? Isn’t this what many of our members have expressed a fear of happening to them? Some celebrities are pretty open, but I feel it’s pretty hypocritical to speculate, especially in this forum.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    I actually think the more people that "we all love" like Oprah wear faux hair - then the more acceptable it comes for the rest of us. I suspect that there is a tremendous amount of pressure for Oprah to look great at all hours of the day - and let's face it - a wig goes a long way towards that even if you have really nice hair underneath.

For those of us that do not have really nice hair underneath (unfortunately I am one of them) - well we are probably a lot more sensitive about wearing faux hair and being outed.

I personally do not discuss my faux hair. I assume some people neither know nor care. I also assume that people I see more frequently at the least suspect. Most of them don't care and others probably wonder why. But I choose not to discuss it and if someone says they like my hair - I simply say thank you.

We do need to get past the feeling that if someone says "I think she is wearing a wig" - then that is an insult. Someone was speculating that a friend was wearing a wig - well if it is it is a darn good one - and I just said - who cares - she ALWAYS looks fabulous.

I doubt that Oprah cares if people speculate. If that is her real hair - then it is remarkably thick and well kept. But, I suspect she does travel with a hair stylist especially if there is a tv crew nearby.
  • Luvnappin
    I didn't intend to be hypocritical, just wondered if she's trending celebrities wearing hair. I am struggling myself with it and thought if Oprah can do it, I can.
    Thanks for all who responded, the board is slowing down. :sad:
  • Xelda
    I remember being devastated when Princess Diana died. Within months, Mother Teresa died. I felt like we'd lost all our great female role models. I think in a tribute to Mother Teresa, Oprah got up to speak and encourage people. When I saw Oprah, I felt better. We had not lost them all, we still had Oprah! I know there are many that do great things, but not in the public eye. This is where Oprah stands in my eyes. If she's wearing a wig, we will try to find the style. It's not an insult, it is a common bond.
  • Vee1028
    she definitely wears a wig or extensions. I remember years ago when she came in to the studio totally un-madeup in her bathrobe and let everyone see her before her crew worked their magic. I was shocked.
  • DeniseJH
    I remember that too! I'd say she totally wears wigs or extensions - not that there's anything wrong with that! :)
  • Vee1028
    absolutely nothing wrong with it! She always looks great.
  • DeniseJH
    Yes, she does! (Did you watch Seinfeld? :grin: Whenever they'd talk about the possibility of someone being gay one of them would always add: "...not that there's anything wrong with that". I loved that show!)
  • Vee1028
    lol...yeah, I remember that. I loved it too and still watch sometimes late night.
    Have you found yourself a new style yet?
  • DeniseJH
    Well, I'm waiting for my last return to the sister site to go through. Then I'm considering Hayden (Henry Margu), Jules (Henry Margu), and Julianne (Jon Renau). How about you?
  • Vee1028
    Hatden reminds me of a little shorter version of Soft and Subtle.
    I would like to buy Estetica's Finn or Tressallure's Mia. But neither of these are sold on Wigs dot and I have about $400 credits there that I need to use before I buy anything else. I've been thinking that I might get Julianne or, if not that one, another (lighter colored) Soft and Subtle and maybe Gabors Hope.
  • DeniseJH
    Oooh, I love both Mia and Finn! So pretty! You're really going into the longer ones, huh? Before you said you only wore the short ones to work - is that still the case? On the sister site Heather says Hayden is like the shorter version of Kendall...which is a lot like Soft and Subtle! (On your downloads - is there any way to label them as to name of the wig? I have a hard time remembering which is which!) I love the length of Hayden (looking for something for our upcoming Disney World trip) but I don't really want all of that permatease. That's why I'm up in the air. If Julianne were a little shorter, if Hayden had less permatease, if Sweet Talk had less permatease, if Jules wasn't quite as "fancy"....gotta keep trying! I'm probably going to order two next to cut down on the back and forth time. I'm so jealous of people who have actual wig stores near them!
  • Vee1028
    well, I love my Monroe and I kind of liked Scarlett as well, so I thought maybe Mia would be similar and I just loved the way Finn looked on Cathe. I think I am getting a bit more comfortable in the shoulder length styles.
    Normally I just wear short wigs for Everyday and save the longer ones for going out or shopping. I retired 1 1/2 years ago, so no work wig! Are you talking about labeling wig pictures I've posted? I dont think I can, but will take a look.
    I came here to tell you that I saw a good deal on a Hayden wig on wig hub. $75 but it's kind of a dark color....12GR. Looks pretty!
  • dc21
    Have you considered JR January?
  • Vee1028
    I was just looking at Estetica's Wren. Have you seen it? I also love January that #dc21 mentioned above.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.