• Vee1028
    Hi all....I've been considering purchasing Gabor"s Radiant Beauty wig. Have any of you bought it or seen it in person?
  • buckeyegal1963
    I think remember seeing someone purchasing it, maybe @animallover? I see they've add some new stock photos, at least I think they did, looks very pretty and glam!
  • Vee1028
    thanks! I really hate how the wig looks in stock photos but have looked at a few pictures of real women with it on on sister site. Where I wouldn't even consider purchasing it from the stock photos the review pictures almost have me convinced!
  • buckeyegal1963
    Please post some pics if you do, I may be tempted as well, lol. I've actually been good, I haven't purchased a new wig for a minute, lol. I'm going to sell a couple of the ones that don't work for me before getting another one.
  • Vee1028
    I definitely will!! I've been way too good recently myself. I did buy Estetica Monroe from Shelle on the wig hub. Brand new, $100, and I love it!
    I see a lot of wigs on other sites that I would like to try but I have over $400 in credits here and really want to use that before I spend money someplace else. I love Tressallure Mia...not here, Estetica Finn....not here, Estetica Wren...not here, Henry Margu Kendell....not here!!!
    I am thinking of using the credits on Editor's Pick or Julianne.
  • buckeyegal1963
    I know right? They need to start carrying these brands! Julianne is another one I've considered, as well as JR Mila. I think they'd work much better for me than Scarlett, I've found I really don't like much perma tease at all. On me, to my eye, makes it look to wiggy on me, and I don't like how rough all the perma tease feels. You're making me want to go wig shopping again, lol.
  • Vee1028
    lol...resist!!! At least until you find a great holiday sale!!
    I really don't mind a little permatease. My problem is finding one with enough layering to make it look not too thick. I love the Monroe wig I just bought....and I think it is because it seems so less dense than some of the curly wigs. Check out the post in the private area.
  • buckeyegal1963
    Is that Monroe in your new profile pic? I really love this length on you :hearts:
  • Vee1028
    yes!! Thanks so much! I love the length, too. So many of the curly ones are too long for me.
  • buckeyegal1963
    Have you tried any other Belle Tress, there are several pretty mid length wavy/curly styles like Biscotti Babe, Amaretto, Columbia etc. If the roots weren't so dark in the lighter shades, those 3 all tempt me.
  • animallover
    I did order Radiant Beauty by Gabor months ago. It was a very good quality and the wig itself was quite pretty. I only returned it because the color was too dark for me, and it was much curlier than I thought it would be. Of course, I couldn't comb it out to see how it looked combed out. It was also a tad longer than I wanted.
    I would have replied sooner but we are stranded in NV and have been for over a week.........
  • buckeyegal1963
    Hiya B! Uh oh, stranded? Hope all is ok!
  • Vee1028
    no, I haven't tried any other Belle Tress wigs. I thought about a couple of them but was afraid they might be too long.
  • Vee1028
    not sure why I'm just now seeing your reply. Sorry, I didn't mean to ignore you. Where in Nevada where you stuck? Reno? I hesitated too long on buying that radiant Beauty wig. It was on sale on the sister site and by the time I decided and went there to buy it it was gone. Guess I really didn't want it after all! Lol:grin:
  • animallover
    Yeah Reno. For over two weeks and it was cold!

I think Radiant Beauty and Sweet Talk were the first 2 wigs I ordered. I kept Sweet Talk, which I still wear and like a lot, but returned Radiant Beauty. Too long for what I wanted and color was off, other than that it was quite nice.

LOL.....I always say if I miss a sale it probably wasn't meant to be!!
  • Vee1028
    you know, I always thought Sweet Talk would be an awkward length on me. So, as much as I loved it, I never ordered it. This week I received Gabor's High Impact and I love it. I believe it is a similar length to Sweet Talk and, unlike the stock photos, it has the same kind of curls. Thinking I may try Sweet Talk someday and I'm happy I missed out on the too long Radiant Beauty.
  • btrflygal7
    I don't have that one bit own timeless beauty and soft and subtle which I love.
  • Erobinky
    naks14l3mrspz66b.jpeg
    tak3al6j72zsmqb8.jpeg

This is my Radiant Beauty down and pulled back. I loved it!! BUT, it was long on me and I cut about 2 uncles off, myself. I used Simply Stylin oil spray daily to keep it softer and detangled.

Post a pic if you get a Radiant Beauty!
  • Erobinky
    Thank you! But obviously, typo up there! Meant cut two INCHES off lol
  • PennyC
    Yes, that was a good one LOL!
    Wig looks so pretty!
  • dc21
    Love the way you customized your Radiant Beauty! You look gorgeous!
  • linda
    Beautiful. It looks very natural.
    thank you for sharing.
    Linda
  • Erobinky
    Thank you!!
  • btrflygal7
    that's a nice one and it looks great on you. I own 2 gabor and love them :smile:
  • Debbie
    Erobinky, I love the color of your radiant, will you share what color that is. Looks very pretty on you and I like the idea of pulled back
  • Erobinky
    Yes, Debbie, it’s GL27/29 (Chocolate Caramel/Dark Ginger Blond) I like lighter browns/reds, brownish-reds. This was just a tidge more blond mix than I normally like just around the face but that didn’t keep me from wearing it out. I got so many compliments on this hair from family friends and passerby’s. I LOST it though! Lol! Have to laugh so I don’t say something else! I was traveling, had washed and hung it on a hanger in the closet and left it there by accident. Had to get me few Scarlets as those are my daily wear/work hair, and will get me a new Radiant Beauty for my next “fancy” hair wear :) Glad y’all like the RB!
  • Erobinky

I find Gabor wigs excellent! Caps are comfy and light, and the hair is so soft. I have a Soft and Subtle that’s just that. My Radiant Beauty fibers were not “as” soft as I imagine since it’s so wavy and the process involved. I’m getting another Radiant Beauty in a few months and curious if the fiber will be the same. Regardless, I’d buy a RB again and again.
  • Vee1028
    that looks beautiful on you! I'd be afraid to cut it myself but it looks like you did a great job of it.
  • Erobinky
    I’m afraid too! But I practice on old wigs that I’d throw away AND I watch YouTube videos. I was shocked it turned out so well - but on this curly style it’s hard to go wrong I found. Next time I won’t go as short. It’s a $15 quick cut at a local salon if you’re chicken though :))
  • btrflygal7
    I have soft and subtle too and love it and times beauty which is also nice.
  • Vee1028
    I don't think I could find anyone near me to cut a wig for $15! I have watched a few videos though, and maybe some day I'll be brave enough to try.
    I do love Gabor wigs and I own several of them, including soft and subtle that I haven't worn yet. Right now I'm loving High Impact which really is so much cuter than the stock photos.
  • Vee1028
    Very cute! Did you cute length off of yours also?
  • Vee1028
    I'll have to check out Timeless Beauty. Is it longer or shorter than soft and subtle?
  • btrflygal7
    it's the same length, a Bob but straight, it's nice
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.