• bfebara
    Week 2 on my first synthetic wig...Flyaway, bent, kinked out hairs. I do not know how to tame these down, I use clips on my wig everyday to hold it back, and it seems like some strands are "kinked" out already.
  • dc21
    I use JR HD Detangling Spray and Simply Styling silicone spray on the nape. To get the kinks out, I have a Helen of Troy hot air brush. It is safe for synthetic hair even on high, and it gets the kinks out. I bought it from Sally's. Are you living in a cold climate? The friction from sweaters, collars, and coats will cause the kinks to appear more quickly in the winter months on longer hair.
  • buckeyegal1963
    For flyaway hairs, I spritz a little safe for synthetics hair spray into the palm of my hand, rub my hands together, then run them over the wig to tame those flyaways. Like dc21 I use a tiny bit of Simply Stylin' at the nape, it helps tremendously with tangling issues.

Good to know about the hot hair brush, thanks! I will definitely put that on my shopping list. What size barrel do you use?
  • dc21
    I have the one inch barrel. It works great for kinks on my regular synthetic.
  • bfebara
    I live in North Carolina, it is cold and we get snow, ice, etc. I am not a handy person when it comes to styling hair, so I would have know idea how to use that hot hair brush. What setting do you put it on, and do you just brush in a downward motion slowly?
  • dc21
    The Helen of Troy can be used on high, which I always do. I wear wavy styles, so I smooth out the kinks with the brush in the same direction as the wave. I let it hold for a few seconds, then release. I use it for maintenance when needed. When you need to refresh your whole wig and restyle, a steamer is handy with your wig on a block head. You don't need to put your wig on a block head for the hot air brush, unless it is easier for you.
  • bfebara
    Ok, thank you so much.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.