• marieni84
    My daughter-in-law says her grandma had a velvet curling iron that she used on her regular (not heat defiant) wigs to smooth them when they got frizzy. Does anyone know about using a flat iron or curling iron on regular synthetic wigs? I would be afraid it would melt them. If this is a possibility, could you share the brand of curling iron or flat iron?
  • PennyC
    I know that you can use a hot-air brush, like Helen of Troy's...I've used mine successfully.
  • btrflygal7
    Yeah I wouldn't recommend using hot tools on synthetics that aren't heat friendly, steaming is the best. I did have someone tell me I could use a flat iron if I spray it with some water and use low heat but didn't like how it came out.
  • Vee1028
    I have used used an iron on an older synthetic wig to smooth the fibers. I cover the hair first with a damp cloth and use low heat. I've also seen people use at steamer on regular synthetics. You would just have to be careful to keep it at a safe distance so as not to get the fiber is too hot.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.