• Happy to ve Retired
    I enjoy watching old Perry Mason shows from the early 60s. I am struck by how many of the hairstyles look “enhanced”. I dont ever remember noticing that. Was it just common to wear wigs back then? The wigs were clearly less natural and very thick. Anyways - just curious. I know falls were common enhancements back then - but full wigs???
  • PennyC
    keep in mind this is TV, not real life. Hair was big and teased up back then, and it was probably easier for the stylists working on set to just plop wigs on the women's heads than to spend the time teasing and spraying into those helmets I remember.
  • Vee1028
    I remember my sister and myself wearing wigs for fun back in the late 60s and early 70s. She had the cutest little pageboy wig and I had a more elaborate bouffant style and later on this really long, blonde wig. My girlfriend had a fall she wore. She used to have me style it for her. Back then you could go into KMart and buy one for not a lot of money.
  • dc21
    I love watching vintage TV shows and classic movies. Now I can spot the falls and hairpieces, but in years past I was clueless before I started wearing hair.
  • Dolly
    You would be very surprised at who all was wearing wigs then and now! It is very common in show business because they, like us, find it much easier!
  • Happy to ve Retired
    i just watched an old mary tyler moore - same thing. The later episodes i am thinking that mary is wearing a wig????? This is kind of reassuring in a way. My hair never looked that good.
  • Dolly
    lol - Nobody's hair looks that good! Not sure about MTM but these people have to look good most of the time - they cant afford to be caught out in public looking trashed! Paparazzi is everywhere. Thank heavens most of us don't have to look perfect always but very few people - even the stars - have naturally great hair 24/7!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.