• Happy to ve Retired
    I am really ticked. I am changing hair color - so I ordered 2 of my JR Heat and 1 Naomi in my new color - or so I thought. Anyways - I always have to cut some off the back - thin it a bit - and get the bangs right. I cut the tags off of one of the Heat wigs and then I looked at it and realized that even though all of the wigs were labeled the same color - they were NOT. In addition - I would be willing to bet that the lighter wig was a prior return because it looked like it had been "played with". The hair texture was different and it just looked worn. But - by that time - I had taken off the tags and also had combed it, put in my "grip" and trimmed a bit off the back.

It is not a HUGE difference or I would have noticed immediately - but it is much lighter and the roots are a different color.

I am wondering if the wig companies send out wigs that have been returned. I also wonder if this wig - someone had changed the color tag. I will keep it because I don't think I have a choice.

Also - I noticed one of the wigs just "fell into place" with very little work - but the second wig (the lighter one) did not.

I will be a bit more careful next time even if it is one of my usual styles. So - be aware. Try each wig on before doing anything even if it is just supposed to be a copy of another wig. I am glad it is the Heat because it it less expensive than the Naomi.

Lesson learned by me.
  • A7X
    Yes, I have two of the RW Stop Traffic (one is rooted, one isn't) and the rooted one is a bit longer in length. I swap them out for each other every 3 weeks or so to make it seem like I went to the salon for root touchup and haircut, though I bet no one notices. I'm going to purchase a third unrooted one in the next few months so it will be interesting to see what it's like.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    i will probably take that same approach. Thing is - all of these wigs were labeled the same color. I am very suspicious tgat someone switched the tags on the one. I just did not catch it in time. So it is styled and thinned and has a clip. I will always check color first thing going forward. I just have to make the best of it and hope no one asks.
  • LaLa
    Inconsistency is my biggest issue with the wig industry. You can’t count on one wig being the same as the next.
    Also I found that the fibers can be different from time to time. I just deal with it the best I can. I don’t order expensive pieces for that very reason.
    It’s too expensive and a hassle to send wigs back if your not happy. I wish there were better quality control and more product consistency from the wig manufacturers
  • Dolly
    I agree - I have ordered Noriko's Lexy a number of times from different but reputable companies - it is my current 'go-to' wig - but I have a couple that I can't even wear because it actually feels like the fiber is different, the cut, the thickness, the way it lays - it's like a whole different wig....Anybody know why this is or what I can do about it to prevent this from happening in the future?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.