• animallover
    Hi all - we were literally stranded in Reno for almost 3 weeks so been offline except for business. Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.....little late, I know.
    Does anyone have any positive or negative comments about Reese by Noriko or Classic Cool by RW? I love my Hairdo Textured Bob, it has been an absolute lifesaver and held up wonderfully for over 4 weeks or longer without a bath! I would like to change it up a bit and those two styles seem similar. Thanks!
  • Luvnappin
    Not familiar with Reese, but I have been tempted by RW Classic Cool almost ordering it on Black Friday. If you decide on it post pics on the private board. I’ll check out Reese to compare.
  • animallover
    Thanks for responding. I think I may be leaning towards Reese. I watched some youtube videos on Classic Cool and I actually like my hair to be a little more "messy or wild" Reese seems to be more the way I like. Classic Cool looks nice but more for an office work environment, at least to me. The only thing is I like the RW colors better than the Noriko colors to choose from.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    Hi - welcome back. As I recall, one thing you really like about the Hairdo Textured Bob is the fiber - the heat friendly. Neither Reese nor RW Classic Cool are heat friendly fiber (I think ??).

Reese is a really popular wig. I tried it a few years ago and found it to be just way too thick. I think the textured bob is a bit shorter as well.

That said - it is just my personal experience and at the time I tried it, I was not used to wigs so the thickness really threw me.

Let us know what you do. Cheers
  • animallover
    Hi back and thanks! I do like the HD fiber much better. Reese isn't HD but when I tried Billie by Noriko I liked the fiber, just not as much as the HD, but it wasn't bad. Not too shiny. The thing I didn't like about Billie was the color I had ordered and the permatease ...it was more thick than I am used to. I am assuming from what you wrote and the little that I have read is that all Norkio wigs have more permatease than not. Yes, the Haido Textured bob is a little shorter. I am really liking it, it holds up well. I just get kind of bored easy with hair. I have always been one to go from short to long back to short and a different color all the time. My life history of pics I never look the same. I do like the color of my Hairdo a lot., Decisions, decisions......
  • btrflygal7
    I have Reese and love it, you definitely can customize it with product
  • Dolly
    Let's see your photos, ladies!
  • animallover
    So I got 2 new ones with this current sale and my credit.....Reese in Chocolate Frost and Play it Straight by RW in Shaded Toast. I think Reese is similar to my Hairdo Textured Bob but a little longer....my Hairdo is very blonde so Chocolate Frost will be different but it looks like a good winter color. Shaded Toast looks like a nice color too, but I am a little hesitant on such a straight style but thought I would try it just to change it up. I do have Kendall which is my longest wig but I don't wear her much as I don't like the tangles or the hair falling in my face. Play it Straight isn't as long and what I've read is it doesn't tangle as much. The only thing I wish is that both of them would have been in HD fibers, as I really like the look and feel of HD fibers, but, again, I read that the fibers on these two feel really nice. We shall see!!
  • Happy to ve Retired
    my local wig shop had a black friday sale so I purchased 2 wigs there where they include styling. It cost me a bit more than wigs.com - but not very much considering the styling was included. It was interesting. I had 1 cut now and said I would live with that for a couple of weeks before having the second 1 done. It is my experience that you have to wear the wig for a week or so before you really know how it fits/looks. But, I like what she did and it was a real pleasure to just sit there and have it done.

Meanwhile - i got to see a whole bunch of wigs that I had not tried. I personally am limiting myself to the HD fiber for JR. She said she wears a lot of regular fiber wigs but she scrubs them with baking soda in a wash to get the shine out. I just have found that there is a difference in the way they lay on your head - it is not that I actually use heat to style them but it is more about the texture.

Anyway - I am very curious to hear how you feel about the fibers on the non-HD wigs that you just got. It does open up a bunch of possibilities if the fiber is acceptable. So many wigs are synthetic and not hd.

Please do let us know how you like them

I am probably set for wigs for a while:) I got 3 in the new color and frankly, the new color looks like my old color highlighted. So, I can get away with switching out from time to time. The lighter color is satisfying my need for change for now.
  • animallover
    I just received my newest two wigs and I already sent one back. Reese by Noriko was just way too much hair for me, it looked to me like a helmet of hair on my head. The color was beautiful, Chocolate Frost, but way too dark for me. As I age the lighter colors on me show less aging and kind of perk my face up. I am keeping Play It Straight by RW. I like the color, Shaded Toast, even though it is a little darker than my Hairdo it is still light enough. I adore the style and the razor cut. Casual but dressy as well. The fibers are very nice even though they are not HD. The Noriko fibers were nice too.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    I had the same issue with Reese. I bought one years ago before I started wearing wigs. I bought it at a local shop, had it thinned and cut a bit, and I still could not bring myself to wear it outside. I donated it to someone I hope got some use out of it. Could not return it. Ugh. So much $$ down the drain trying to find wigs that I feel comfortable in.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.