• bfebara
    I thought I was combing my hair softly, Now I have a bunch of strands in various areas that are wiry and kinky looking like waves, they will not calm down with simply styling spray. What do I do now?
  • alicexm
    Sounds like you may have combed into the permatease. Are the “outliers” on the top or crown, or all over?
  • Dolly
    What kind of fiber is it? Some fibers tend to do this....
  • dc21
    A hot air brush or steamer may need to be used to revive it. The nape and ends will get this way with friction. This time of year it may occur faster if you live in a cold climate and wear sweaters and jackets. I comb frequently with the JR paddle brush. Finger combing doesn't cut it on synthetic hair imo. I am not too gentle as I wear a wavy style and it takes a while for it to start showing wear. It is the nature of synthetic hair, it is plastic, and can be frustrating at times when you are learning how it behaves. You will get the hang of it and find what works for you. Are you referring to your JR Cameron? I wear JR Rachel which is all handtied too.
  • bfebara
    Yes, it's my JR Cameron,it's not HD and it's on on the sides and the back, but just one strand is ridged, like a Ruffles potato chip, and other strands are stuck in a circle, that will not straighten out. I put clips in it to clip it back everyday. I have to use a headset at work to make phone calls, so I am taking this headset on and off my hair numerous times a day. I try to be very gentle with the headset.
  • Misty
    If it is heaps of strands, think about using a steamer to calm them down. If it is only one or two strands, you can use a hair straightener on a very low temperature, and just straighten that specific strand of hair. There are some pretty good videos out there showing you how to use a steamer, and how to use a hair straightener on synthetic hair. Pattis Pearls has some good training videos. :hearts:
  • BeautyWithin
    Hi there.i also have a JR Cameron and had the same problem. The synthetic strands get the nappy ripple when they pulled taught. Basically it is plastic and responds well to mild heat. I was able to smooth them by steaming them. They laid right back down and smoothed out. Hope this helps!
  • bfebara
    It's one or two strands in different places, on the sides and the back. I will try steaming, thank you so much.
  • Klavisha
    I found just one of these rippled strands on a brand-new JR Mariska, a straight style, that I haven't worn yet (except to try it on). I guess it's not an uncommon problem with our plastic hair!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.