• SarahAnne
    Hello all. I'm new to the wig community but I've recently fallen in love with a wig. It's Raquel Welch's Crowd Pleaser. The problem is that it has the heat friendly synthetic fibers and I was told that all those curls I love would go away after washing. Half of the reason I want to wear a wig is so I don't have to do my hair. I'm afraid I would never get it back to looking the way I loved again. I was hoping someone might know of a wig that looks similar and will stay that way with little input from me. Thanks again for the help!
  • PennyC
    This is normally not true of HF wigs. Whatever pattern the hair is in when you wash it will be retained.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    I have not found that to be the case either. If anything - the HF wig seems to hold the style better than the non-HF.
  • SarahAnne
    Thank you both. Looks like I got some bad information. Appreciate the help.
  • SarahAnne
    Thanks for clearing that up. Appreciate the help.
  • SarahAnne
    thanks for clearing that up!
  • Happy to ve Retired
    my suspicion is that that they were thinking of HH wigs - or perhaps mistyped. Just like all biohair - it does not hold a style when washed.
  • alicexm
    My experience with HD wigs is that they hold the original set, but are forgiving if you want to add or take away with low heat tools.
  • Vee1028
    I own and love Crowd Pleaser as well as many other HD fiber wigs. They all retain their style after washing. I think where the confusion comes from is the fact that if you decide to use heat styling on these HD fibers and change the curl pattern or straighten the wig, then that is how the wig will stay. Even if you wash it, it is going to go back to whatever style you have put into it.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.