• Nikilet
    I am totally perplexed about a problem I'm having with wig sizing. My head measures 22" around and I've measured over and over.

I've always purchased wigs in average, altho have never owned a lace front wig. I just returned the Chic Alert by Raquel Welch because I couldn't even get it on my head. At the same time I have several of her Tress wigs in average that I have worn for a long time.

I just ordered a Noriko (Claire) and a Rene of Paris (Cameron) with the same problem. I will have to send them back because they are too small. I did manage to get them on my head (the Noriko fit the best) but they are so tight I know I can't comfortably wear them, plus I'd be afraid they'd pop off the back of my head at some point.

My own hair is thin, especially on top, so bulk there is not the problem. I just can't figure out what is going on.

Has anyone else run into such a weird problem?
  • PennyC
    Are you fully extending the adjustors before putting the wigs on?
    Simple check.
  • Nikilet
    Yes, PennyC. I have done that. I did go on YouTube and watched several videos on measuring. Found that if I start at the front center with the tape, hold it in place at the nape, etc. I get a measurement of 22.5". But I wouldn't think that would make enough difference that I couldn't wear these wigs with the extenders fully out.
  • PennyC
    A Noriko will be tight under any circumstances, but Rene of Paris and RW should be fine for your head. Sometimes they need a little wearing to get them to fit comfortably. I'm gifted with a slightly-large head and I've done fine with R of P.
    However, I did learn how to make a wig larger by cutting between wefts in back...it made a big difference on a Tress Allure for me. Easy to Google.
  • Jnc
    I think I have the Cameron and personally I don't like this wig, but I do wear it. I like them shorter. That said, I noticed it was a strange cap when I first got it. It seems the tabs are really high, like the cap is a bit too small. I don't have any problem with it falling off, it just feels strange. I use the got2 be gelled to glue it on the top so it feels secure. Rides up in the back sometimes, but I just pull it down. Usually when I get it secure in the front it's ok. My other 2 wigs have different caps. My favorite is an Amore wig by Rene of Paris - I think the Erin, but I could be wrong on that. I've had it for over 2 years and I'm still wearing it. The cap is great, but I only wear it like in the morning when I first get up or when I'm outside working in the yard. The cap is getting old and the elastic is getting frail. I need to get a new one. Just have to wait to recover after the holidays.
  • Nikilet
    Thanks, PennyC. I'm a bit fearful of doing an adjustment like you mention, but I will google it and take a look.
  • Nikilet
    Thanks for the information you provided.
  • Vee1028
    I am just as perplexed as you are about how this wig fits you. You and I have the exact same size head. As you know I also had the Chic alert wig and it fit me perfectly. I tend to think that maybe you got a wig that was just off a little bit.
  • Nikilet
    They say they measured it and it is right on. But I just returned two more wigs in average size that should have fit too, and did not; Claire by Noriko and Cameron by Rene of Paris.
  • Vee1028
    this is so strange to me as we have the same circumference measurement! I have Claire as well as many other Rene of Paris and Noriko wigs and I've never had a problem with their size! Many people say that Noriko wigs fit a little smaller then some other brands, but I've never had any trouble with them.
  • Nikilet
    I'm very puzzled myself because I have always purchased the average wigs. I have 6 of the Tress wigs by Raquel Welch (wish they would make that one with a lace front) and they all fit me fine. I have ordered yet another wig but have to wait awhile as I guess it is a new line that wigs.com is putting in. I'm supposed to be getting it somewhere from Jan. to Feb. It is the Finn by Estetica. I have read that Estetica wigs will accommodate a little larger head size. I've also been told by a very nice rep from wigs.com that hand-tied wigs will run a little larger. Keep your fingers crossed for me. I have looked at large wigs and there isn't a one of them that I like.
  • PennyC
    Esteticas are roomy. You'll have no problem with Finn. I've tried one one and it was adorable! May I also recommend Tony of Beverly? I have two and they are also quite roomy -- plus, they have better elastic than most and really stretch well.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.