• Larry
    Hi everybody,

I need some information. How does one become a wig stylist?

I recently became disabled from a stroke, and I lost some of my lower left eye sight. I now have a lot of time on my hands and I'm considering going back to school. Aware that I've worn wigs, how they are made, how to care for them, my experience and passion with helping people who have lost their hair, she suggested that I would make a good wig stylist. I laughed it off, but then I had second thoughts.

I'd like to know how difficult is it to become one, and what sort of training and education is needed. Any information and advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,

Larry
  • Gracie Mas WIGS.COM TEAM
    Larry,
    Have you ever considered going to cosmetology school? Many of us at wigs.com are licensed and it's the best way to learn how to cut and style hair, which will naturally translate to wigs. You'll want to be licensed in order to work on humans, as a wig stylist many times will be tailoring a wig to suit the person, and the natural haircut they have. If, for instance, they are purchasing a hair topper then they will need it cut to blend in with the rest of the hair that will show underneath.

A side note: Beauty school is a TON of fun! And after that, find a local wig salon and apply to work there!
  • Larry
    Thank you very much, your information is very valuable.

God bless and Love,

Larry
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.