• Laura
    Looking at Biscotti Babe, but I've read about RW HF and how it frizzes quickly. Is the same true of Belle Tress? I will not be using heat to change the curl pattern on this wig.
  • PennyC
    The fiber does abrade more rapidly than non-HD. That being said, if this is the style you want, go for it. Just be very gentle with it and treat it with kid gloves. I have several Belle Tress wigs and I think they look and feel wonderful.
  • Laura
    Thanks! I'm not sure what qualifies as kid gloves treatment, but I wear winter hats, scarves, and coats, so I'm a little concerned about that.
  • PennyC
    Well, I'd say to use plenty of Simply Stylin' or JR Detangler before gently combing with your fingers. Living in Florida, I have very little experience with winter clothing -- although I did visit NY in October and wore a loose hood over my Peppermint with no issues. The one I bought in August definitely shows wear, but I'd still use it for errand-running, etc.
  • alicexm
    I’d also recommend satin lined hats and head covers to reduce abrasion and damage. I’ve sewn satin ribbons in hats over the grosgrain bands to help.
  • Junie
    Has anyone bought a Belle Tress HD wig? I am thinking of ordering one from my supplier here in Ottawa Canada. I notice that this this brand isn’t offered on Wigs.com . I am wondering why. Also, if anyone can let me know how
  • Junie
    Sorry posted before I was finished.
    Can anyone let me know how the fibre compares with JR wigs?
  • linda
    I just bought the krona by Belle Tress. I like it a lot. But I’m concerned about the wave. On my Kona the curl is more like the Zumba by Rene of Paris.
    Would a product like simply stylin’ help to restore the curl?
    Very, could you weigh in here?
    Thanks.
    Linda
  • Vee1028
    I own Kona and have had no problem with the fibers frizzing.
  • Vee1028
    I love the fibers of my Belletress Kona. I think they are better than Jon Renau.
  • Junie
    Thanks so much for the input Vee. I have only seen a couple of reviews, but they were encouraging. So on your recommendation for the brand, I will be ordering a Belle Tress soon.
  • Gracie Mas WIGS.COM TEAM
    Belle Tress will be available on wigs.com starting February 1st! Kona will be available as well :)
  • Vee1028
    so happy to hear that! When I did a quick poll here a few months ago Belletress was the brand most voted that they wished wigs dot com carried. I think Henry Margu may have been #2.
    Yes, we are very excited about this line!
  • Vee1028
    I really think you will enjoy whatever you order from Belletress. My friend ordered a topper from them and liked their fibers as much as I do.
  • JeannetteB
    I have both Jon Renau and belletress pieces and in my opinion the belle tress fiber feels so much more realistic and luxurious. It feels like healthy human hair. I’m in the process of customizing the Belle Tress so I’ve handeled it quite a bit but have never actually worn it. I will baby it though to keep it feeling and looking good for as long as possible. There are measures you can take to accomplish this. Good luck
    Great feedback! Thanks for letting us know :)
  • Happy to ve Retired
    I the Belle Tresse heat resistant?
  • Vee1028
    yes, my Kona is heat resistant and I know that one of the ladies here didn't like the curl pattern on hers and totally changed it. I believe she used steam but I could be wrong.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    How did she like it after she did that? I have to say - while I like the flirt alert - I am having a bit of an adjustment to seeing myself with waves like that. I have had straight hair my whole life - and with the other wigs I have they have some waves but they are shorter - more like volume than waves. Also, the no bangs:) I have a shaded bisquit wig that is longer but without the waves - and I think I like that wig better. I have plenty of time to decide on this wig and this color - so I am holding off but I may try the steam on mine as well. I am just not used to the kind of flippy thing. By the same token - I think it looks pretty good. Just not sure it is me.
  • Vee1028
    she didn't like it at all with the change in curl. She ended up selling it I believe. Kona is not the wig I would attempt to change like that. It has a distinctive shape that would not lend itself to the kind of curl she put into it. I would never buy a wig like Kona and try to change it like she did.
    I've always had very straight hair myself other than a couple of years during the 80s when I wore my very long hair in a curly perm.
    I think the waves on Flirt Alert are beautiful and would never attempt to change them. Mine isn't really flippy at all, more tousled with a bit of spiral curl. But, my High Impact is the same despite the stock photo showing otherwise.
    Maybe you should think of selling it rather than change the curl pattern.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    my plan is to wear it to see how I feel after a few weeks. I find that my feelings towards a wig - both color and form - changes over time. It is like you have to get used to seeing yourself in a different style. So, not planning on making any changes to it. Just waiting to see if it "grows" on my or if I dislike it. Either way - I am keeping it until I decide on color.

The shaded bisquit wig I have is upstage - I personally love that wig. Bought it used but it is like new. It is a great style - but it is a bit long in the back and I worry about the HD wigs that hit the nape like that. My others are all shorter in the back. I think flirt alert is a wavy version of upstage - and obviously not as high end. upstage is hand tied and that makes a HUGE difference. I was thinking that if I grow to love this color, I might buy the upstage in this color.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.