• Amber
    I started steaming things, and OH BOY THE CHANGES!! I steamed an old hairDo brand clip in bang that looked like Barbie hair, and I steamed a really curly Amore Penelope in Razberry Ice STRAIGHT! I also revived my chocolate cherry Zara. It's kinda addicting! I did a steaming vid using the Jon Renau steamer. What steamers do you use?! I also steamed some curve into some trimmed bangs. My trimmed Haute bangs wanted to split and the steamer did wonders!! I'll add a link to the video so you can see some before and afters. The Penelope transformation is pretty cool!!

https://youtu.be/6M23v8Hp660

zf3927j6k09hyawk.jpg
    66ep8yxikujm43wg.jpg
  • linda
    Very nice!
    Is it hard to do?
    Linda
  • Laura
    If you steam in curls/waves, do they stay after washing?
  • Gracie Mas WIGS.COM TEAM
    We recommend using a curling iron instead of a steamer, unless you are styling straight. (of course you won't want to exceed 350 degrees on synthetic hair). Synthetic hair will hold it's style so long as you wash in cool water. Human hair will lose its style just like natural hair :)
  • Happy to ve Retired
    Hi Amber - I also use the Jon Renau steamer. I find it extremely beneficial - especially when trying to train the front of a wig including the bangs. I have also used hot roller and also a curling iron. I only buy heat friendly wigs. All of these methods have their pros and cons.

But the steamer seems to be the only thing that helps my bangs lie correctly - they no longer want to stick out. I personally have had far more success using the steamer to style the wigs. I have used hot roller with a small bit of success as well. In addition to your video - there is a video by another website that discusses steaming around the lace fronts. Says it is a total "no no" to directly steam the lace front or the mono top - and I have adhered to that. Steam the hair around the lace front but not the lace front. This is where the jon renau steamer is valuable because it pin points the target.

Amber thanks for the video. The wigs you are wearing look amazing on you.
  • Lolly
    You can use mesh rollers (Amazon). Use your T-pins to attach to your wig head, steam each roller on top and underneath, let cool down then take down the roller set. It stays till you steam it straight. I also use one square of tp to keep end smooth on the roller, kind of like you’re wrapping a perm. And I use my clothes steamer. I’ve also used my round brush with my steamer to build volume into my toppers, you just have to let it cool down before removing the brush. It doesn’t matter if it’s damp it’s the heat that changes the direction of synthetic hair
  • Dolly
    You're looking great Amber!
  • linda
    Hi Lolly, I just found your picture and bio. I too wear toppers. Ive been wearing them nearly 10 years.
    Could you tell me your favorites?
    thank you.
    Linda
  • gr8hnd
    I began steaming mine after reading about it courtesy of another vendor’s website. My own results: it’s great. I use steam on all my synthetic wigs now. I also use low heat via a styling wand, whether HF or not. Huge difference.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.