• PennyC
    I've had my eye on this one for a while. It looks like a cute and inexpensive style that would be perfect for busy or travel days. I hesitated, because I found exactly ONE review of it (and not positive) - ever. But I decided to take a chance anyway; I know Estetica's wigs fit my largeish head, and I know R4/8 is my perfect color...so I guess I'll see!
  • KB7707
    I’ve had my eye on that one too! Please Let me know what you think when you get it.
  • English Rose
    I’ve worn Estetica Charm for a while because it comes in petite. Basic bob style works for me.
  • PennyC
    Nice! The Heather is similar but a bit shaggier, which I want. Glad to hear it worked for you.
  • PennyC
    Well. The Heather is just...okay. Oh, the fit is great, the hair is smooth and nice, and I love the color (my beloved F4/8). But it's a lot more layered than I expected, and it looks thin at the ends.
    I'm still keeping it, though, and I'm going to work the permatease to get a bit more fullness.
  • KB7707
    would you consider sending a picture so I can see what it looks like or post one in the private forum. You can hide your face. I’m really struggling finding a style that I like.
  • PennyC
    i have no shame -- here you go. I did fluff it up a bit, so keep that in mind.
    Attachment
    Heather wig (137K)
  • KB7707
    thanks, I like it!!!!
  • animallover
    I think it looks wonderful on you!
  • PennyC
    Thanks so much! I went to drop off a prescription and the druggist (a man my age) said "You changed your hair -- it looks nice!" Husband also approves lol.
    I may trim the bangs just a tad. It's funny to have the luxury of evaluating just what looks best on you, rather than trying to make what Nature gave you do what you want. I'm learning now that some fullness is not all bad. You can use it to balance things out (saggy neck/chin cough cough).
  • Happy to ve Retired
    I tried that wig and hated it. So, it really depends on how it fits. It looked nothing like the way it looks on Penny. First off - I am used to heat defiant. The color of this wig was blonder than I expected and it was incredibly shiny. That said, it did not lay the way it does on Penny. I did not try to do much with it - so perhaps it had more potential than I thought. The bangs were all wrong for me. It is not a lace front as i recall.

And - I find penny's comment about layering interesting as mine did not seem layered at all. Just horrible. But perhaps if I had washed it and tried styling it - but then I could not return it. Same with getting rid of the shine.

So - goes to show you - it is perfect on Penny and I did not even consider keeping it.

I mention this because I think you like heat defiant and this has a completely different feel and look for the fibers - at least in mine.
  • animallover
    Most of my wigs are regular fibers but 2 are heat defiant and I do like the heat defiant fibers better.....they feel softer and they have practically no shine to them, at least the 2 I have.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    I would NEVER guess the Heather I got to be the same wig. I swear I think that these wig manufacturers have much more variation that you would expect. Again - perhaps if I had worked with it I could have gotten to look like Penny's, but as you know, if you fuss with them they are yours and this looked horrible on me. Looked like Barbie was having a bad hair day:)
  • PennyC
    I wasn't thrilled with it when I first opened the box...but I really wanted it to work for me. Taz's and Heather's videos are very helpful.
    HD hair does feel great when you first get it, but it's so delicate that I am trying to avoid it from now on (although I adore my BelleTress Peppermint).
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.