• Happy to ve Retired
    Has anyone tried flirt alert? If so - wgat is your impression? Also - how would you compare 14/22ss with 12fs8 by jon renau?
  • dc21
    I haven't tried RW Flirt Alert. I do have an Editor's Pick in 14/22ss. The color is more warm compared to JR HD 12fs8. The first pic shows JR HD 12fs8, the second pic shows RW RL 14/22ss.
    obb8nb17qvy8twow.jpg
    kqdd9lyjaxgz488o.jpg
  • Happy to ve Retired
    thanks. That is a huge difference. Do you think light is different? Are both heat defiant?
    I saw a wig review that said the colors were similar but your pics are no where close to the same color.

Both nice colors though. Hardley interchangeable.
  • dc21
    Both are HD. 14/22ss is definitely more warm with lighter rooting.
  • Vee1028
    I haven't tried Flirt Alert yet, but I have been eyeing it for a couple of weeks. It reminds me of my Crowd Pleaser that I love but the measurements are just a bit longer. Have you tried that one yet? I recently bought Gabor's High Impact and while visiting relatives for Christmas I alternated these two wigs for 10 days. No one ever guessed!
  • Vee1028
    after replying to this post yesterday, I went online and watched 5 video reviews of Flirt Alert. I had only seen it reviewed once before then. I had a 33% off offer for RW wigs that expires on nv the 10th so I grabbed her up! I was really impressed with some of the reviews I saw. I think now that it reminds me more of High Impact than Crowd Pleaser though.
  • dc21
    I hope you like it! I love the look of Crowd Pleaser and Flirt Alert. I want to try the new midlength RW Maximum Impact, but I am holding off. I am tired of being let down with quality issues for the prices, and I have a closet full of hair at the moment fortunately. I do have a store credit at a different online company, so I am saving it for a little while longer.
  • Vee1028
    thank you. I am certain I am going to love it. Usually I spend weeks or months trying to decide on a wig. This one was an almost immediate decision. The first time I saw it I wasn't sure what style it was and spent some time trying to figure it out. Having a 33% discount made it an easy decision. It reminds me so much of Crowd Pleaser and High Impact that I already have and love. It will make a great sister wig to those 2. All are the same color too
  • Vee1028
    12/16 Honey Toast. That's the only RW color I feel comfortable in other than her reds and I wanted it in the same color as my Crowd Pleaser and High Impact.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    i also ordered it but in 14/22ss. I saw that color at a wig shop and hoping i like it. Thing is - i am just changing over to shaded praline jr - which i am really liking. Interestingly - my husband really likes shaded praline but hates shaded bisquit rw. It looks too silver. I really like rw wigs but color is difficult. Very curious to get this new color for me. I also got the sale so decided now was the time to try it.
  • animallover
    I love my new RW Play it Straight but can't wear it right now. I had dyed my buzzed hair mahogany and the sideburns and the hair around my temples are not covered by the wig and the color difference is HUGE. I am wearing my Hairdo wig most because it covers better. We are on the road so can't dye hair till we get home. I miss my new RW!
  • Happy to ve Retired
    as noted on another thread - i have switched to shaded praline. But i could not resist trying the 14/22ss shade as well. My husband hates the shaded bisquit but really likes the shaded praline. I do think the shaded bisquit looks a bit more silver than the 12fs8. I figure i will change again for summer if i like 14/22ss. I really like rw wigs but struggling for a color. Fingers crossed.
  • linda
    Please help here. I do not know or understand the numbers which you all use to describe your chosen colors. Is there a formula (translation) chart I can refer to?
    Thanks.
    Linda
  • Happy to ve Retired
    there are some videos on youtube on this subject - but i dont know enough to help you. If you look at the brands like jon renau - you will see that each wig comes in a variety of colors and they are coded like what we used.

Sorry i cannot help more.
  • Danielle | Wigs.com Team
    Color can be tricky! Wigs.com has some education on color that explains the color tones and which category the numbers fall in here: https://www.wigs.com/pages/how-to-choose-color

Hope this helps!
  • linda
    Thanks Ladies. I will definitely being checking your recommendations out.
    L
  • Vee1028
    the chart below will help with some of the number codes. Unfortunately, some of the wig companies use codes I find impossible to interpret.

https://www.wigs-us.com/color-index.html
  • Vee1028
    I received my Flirt Alert today and I love it! Just as I thought it looks very much like my Gabor High Impact but I do like the crown area better as High Impact has a bit more permatease.

Also received Editor's Pick today! Beautiful wig!
    I hope the 14/22ss works for you
  • Happy to ve Retired
    just got back into town so picking it up today. Very curious about the color.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    HI - Just picked it up and I am very happy with the wig and the color is "acceptable" on my. My husband likes the color. I personally have a preference for the shaded bisquit which is a LOT lighter and cooler. I does have kind of a silver/"grayish" hue in my opinion. Sometimes I think the silvery look on shaded bisquit make a slightly longer wig look more natural on a 70+ person. But that is my own limiting mindset and I should think about it.

I bought this wig largely to have a long and solid look at the color. I am keeping it and will wear it around the house. I LOVE the hairline on this and other RW wigs. In my opinion, it is so much better than the Jon Renau wigs I have - again just my opinion.

This wig is definitely wearable right out of the box. I like the fact that it is not too thick - no thinning or cutting required. No steaming or curling or straightening. I need to live with the color for a while and see what I think of it.

You have Belle Tresse wigs as well - can you compare the fiber? I feel like I have seen some very positive things about the BT fibers. How about the hairline?
    '
    It is actually the hairline that is motivating me to switch to RW. I just feel it is so very much better than other wigs I tried.

I should add that I am rather committed to shaded praline in the JON Renau wigs for the near term - having just purchased some - and this is why I will wear this around the house to see how I feel about the color. Nothing negative about the wig - it is just that I don't wear noticeable different wigs during the same time period.
  • Vee1028
    I agree with you on the Jon Renau hairline. I love their wigs but too often they have that look of a headband up front. RW does a much better job! My daughter got up close and personal on Thanksgiving day trying to see if I had on a wig or was wearing my own hair. She declared it to be mine...I was wearing Crowd Pleaser! I do have a hard time finding a suitable color though. I love the darker color of the 12/16 that I wear but not really loving all the blonde at the hairline. Gabor colors work better for me even when they are the same color. RWs 8/29 hazlenut is much too dark for me but I can wear Gabor's 8/29 hazlenut.
    I have been tempted a couple of times to try the 14/22ss. I wore my own hair very blonde for a few years and I do like the blend of colors in that shade. How do you like it after wearing it a bit?
    I love the fibers on my Belletress Kona. I will have to pull it out tomorrow and take a look at the hairline. I really don't think I've paid a lot of attention to it!
    How does your husband like Flirt Alert?
  • Happy to ve Retired
    He likes the flirt alert and likes the color. They say to never try on a wig without makeup and yesterday I did just that - so I will try it on today again. The color is actually pretty flattering if I can wear it without makeup :)

I am also not used to seeing myself in the slightly longer wave. Quite a difference from what i have been wearing. I would not change colors again until summer - I have enough of the shaded praline to last until then. I think I do prefer the shaded praline and I got so many compliments on that color. This is quite different.
  • Vee1028
    makeup totally makes a difference when trying on a wig! I try to never make a decision on any wig before I try it on with my makeup in place.
    I pulled my Kona out today to check the hairline and after putting it on I immediately remembered something I had totally forgotten about. While the hair looks beautiful there, the lace has a small pucker. I noticed this the 2nd time I put her on but had forgotten as it is always covered by the hair. I am not sure if I just received a defective item or if it is because the wig cap is a bit too large. It is the only wig I've ever felt didn't totally fit me. I have never been able to tighten the adjusters to correct it either. It isn't so large that I worry about it but I do put a couple of hairpins in to hold it more securely. None of these things would keep me from buying another Belletress wig though. In fact, I did buy a 2nd Kona! I haven't tried it on yet so I'm not sure about the lace on that one.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    i am attaching a photo closeup of the hairline on flirt alert. I think it is undetectable except in very high light where you can see the lace if someone if really looking.

Jon renau - are you listening? I prefer the jr colors. Ugh.
    Attachment
    EDABE971-4555-4FC2-A23E-35584F0C1C9F (92K)
  • dc21
    Wow! It would be great if we could marry RW's hairline with JR's colors.
  • Vee1028
    yes, the RW hairline is beautiful. Remember me telling you that my daughter got right up in my face when I was wearing Crowd Pleaser? She swore it was my own hair! It would be wonderful if Jon Renau would do it so well. I'm also a big fan of JR colors!
  • animallover
    OMG,,,,,that is really undetectable. Are you sure you didn't forget to put the wig on when you took the pic?!! :smile:

Is the 14/22ss color similar to ss14/88 shaded golden wheat at all?
  • Happy to ve Retired
    i am not sure if those colurs are similar. I dont have that one. This one has more red than i expected.

The way i can tell it is a wig is that there is more hair than i have:)
  • Happy to ve Retired
    I am starting to really like the color 14/22ss. Again, it appears to depend on the light. I think it is more similar to shaded mocha (24bt18s8) by Jon Renau than it is to shaded praline. It is a lighter version of the shaded mocha and it does not have such dark roots. I am at least 6 months out before making a color change but the color is definitely growing on me.

Meanwhile - flirt alert. I do like the wig. I do think it makes my face look a bit long though. It is funny because you get so used to seeing yourself in a short style, that the slightly longer style throws you. I really need to "live" with a change before actually making the commitment to change.
  • Vee1028
    so glad to hear that you are happy with your color choice. I would love my 12:16 if it wasn't for the very light pieces up front. I really like this color better in the Gabor line. Unfortunately, I think it's the best I can do in the Raquel Welch colors.
    I have a very square face and because of that I like the longer wigs on me best. I really like flirt alert but I believe I like Gabor's High Impact better. I've only worn flirt alert once, so I am withholding judgment for a bit longer
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.