• Gingersnap
    I’ve been wearing Raquel Welch wigs for over 7 years and never had a scalp itching problem until now. I have thinning bio hair and have been wearing the lined wigs with lace front so itching isn’t caused by hairs sticking through the wig. Any input would be appreciated.
  • Larr
    Coconut oil helps eliminate dandruff due to its antifungal properties. It also moisturizes dry scalp and provides relief from itching.

1.Take some coconut oil and mix half the amount of lemon juice in it.
    2.Rub it on your scalp and massage for a few minutes.
    3.Wash your hair after at least 20 minutes.
    4.Follow this remedy two to three times a week.
  • Malibu Marge
    Suggesting you consider a dermatologist since you’ve never had a problem in 7 yrs. It could be bacterial or fungal or allergy even to the shampoo you’ve been using successfully before. If you want to try something yourself first, determine if your scalp might be extra dry or oily and go from there. I have oily scalp and live in FL. Even in Winter, applying alcohol to my scalp with a cotton pad once or twice a week keeps it healthier and itch-free. However, that is just me and I wouldn’t dream of recommending that to anyone else. My point is to evaluate your scalp and try some different things based on your evaluation or go to a professional.
  • Jenny
    I've had bad scalp itching and tenderness since I started losing my hair. I've been to dermatology and I have nothing wrong that causes this particular problem. I've heard other people complain of itching as well. I use scalpacin on my head when the itching is really annoying and it helps me. You can get.It at any drug store or amazon. Hope this helps some!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.