• Happy to ve Retired
    A person came up to ne today and asked if i would mind her taking a picture of my hair from the side. I said it woukd make me uncomfortable. She said she was trying to tell her hairdresser how she wanted her hair cut.

I felt very weird but said no firmly.

I was startled by the request. No idea if she knew it was a wig. It felt very weird. She seemed surprised when i said no.
  • animallover
    I probably would have said no too. I do not like having my picture taken by people I know let alone a stranger. I might have thought about covering my face but I would have felt uncomfortable and probably would have still said no.
  • Misty
    I would have said no as well. It is sad you need to be so careful with idenity fraud amongst others. I would never dream of knowingly letting a stranger take a photo of me. :hearts:
  • Lolly
    Being a hairdresser I absolutely would say yes! It’s flattering when someone wants to emulate your cut and style and super helpful to the stylist to have a visual of what a client is asking for.

I don’t think there’s a lot of inherent risk in taking a side shot of a style and you can always shield your face.
  • Samantha
    I have had people ask to take a photo of my “haircut” twice, and agreed to it both times, from the side. They were kind, well meaning gals both times, and although not entirely comfortable with the idea either time, I agreed to it.
  • Cathe Lartigue
    I would be fine with it as long as I had editing rights--LOL. If it was a creepy guy I would tell him to get away--with rather saucy words!
  • mcvoice
    I have been asked before and if it seems genuine person I say yes. Often I will say with a smile (sometimes a wink and a smile lol) “it’s lll mine and a liitle more” which isn’t fully disclosing it’s a wig (I started saying this when I began wearing toppers and extensions) and then I feel I’ve disclosed a “little somethin’” in honesty but not too much that either one of us feels awkward.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    i dont there was anything malicious about her asking - but it seemed very intrusive to me. I dont like to be photographed anyway. All of a sudden - i have gotten many compliments on my hair by people i have contact with on a very casual basis. I am always paranoid that they know it is a wig. But - so what:). I guess at least it must look good.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.