• Happy to ve Retired
    I just washed 2 of my heat defiant wigs. I soaked them in fabric softener (unscented) for about 15 minutes after the washed - gently rinsed - towel dried and put them outside to dry. They feel like new. So, I am wondering if I should be washing them more often - just the way I would wash my own hair frequently. I don't use much in the way of product on the wigs - but, the HD wigs tend to become more stiff between washings. I am sure that washing too frequently cuts the life of the wig - but curious as to what you do??
  • animallover
    I am probably in the minority but I wash my wigs about every 3 to 4 weeks. I want them to last. I do spray Simply Styling on them every 2 or 3 wears. My HD wigs do start to get stiff feeling at about the 3 1/2 weeks mark but not too bad. I probably have even gone longer between washings. I agree, the HD wigs sure do feel so soft and new after a washing. I can't believe how long they are holding up. No frizz at all. I love them.
  • Cathe Lartigue
    I'm even in more of the minority. I hardly ever wash my wigs. If I wash them every three months--that's a lot! But--I also have quite a large selection and I rotate my wigs.
    One thing I did learn, though, was to NOT soak wigs in fabric conditioner for longer than five minutes. I washed one of my Estetica Wren wigs and forgot that it was soaking in fabric conditioner . I was cooking, baking, procrastinating and a couple of hours later I realized my wig was in the upstairs bathroom sink. It dried horribly. The cap became stretched out and it was a mess. So I decided to re-wash it without any conditioner and it was just so awful I had to throw it out. It pained me but I learned a valuable lesson!
  • dc21
    I am surprised. I have walked off and went to bed leaving mine soaking and never ruined them.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    i am also surprised. I let mine soak in fabric softener for at least 20 minutes - then a quick rinse and dry outside on a stand. Mono top and lace front wigs fir tye most part.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.