• Malibu Marge
    Please advise. Does the velveteen/Velcro type wig grip, grip better on say 1/4” shaved hair or longer bio hair?
  • alicexm
    I have longer bio hair and it works okay. I have to clip the back to keep it from sliding up, which could be a “longer hair” issue. Best part is the front doesn’t slip.
  • sosusam22
    As I understand it, the silicon-type grips are best for heads without any hair, the velveteen grips for heads with (any amount of) hair. I had about 3- to 4-inch bio hair and the velveteen grip worked really well. More recently, my bio hair shed extensively and I shaved any remaining bio hair off. It's grown to about 1/4" now and I'm thrilled the velveteen wig grip works again! (It didn't work at all when my head was hairless, which isn't surprising.) Hope this helps.
  • Malibu Marge
    Tks, wig sisters! I too have to use snap clips at back due to flat back of head. So with this information, I’ll probably shave all but the bottom.
  • SuzieQ

I have thin bio hair. The wig grip did not work for me. I’m a got 2 be glued fan. I just squirt warm water around the area I applied and it comes right off.
  • Nikilet
    What exactly is the full name of this Got 2B product? I searched on Amazon but there is so much I didn't know which one is for holding a wig in place.
  • alicexm
    “Got2b ultra styling glue gel”. It’s in a black tube with gold and white print.
  • Jnc
    Personally I hate my velveteen grip. I have a big head and all it does it make my wig tighter and the band still rides up in the back. I just use the Got 2b ultra gel and love it. If the back rides up I just pull it down. At least it doesn't slip in the front.
  • Nikilet
    Thanks for the information!
  • sosusam22
    I'm going to have to try Got 2B glue. I have It Stays and don't love it--it's a mess and doesn't work as well as I expected. Glad to hear Got 2B is working for everyone. (Tho I'm still partial to the wig grip...it just seems to work well for my head shape. Plus, I like having a little barrier--that helps keep the wig on--between my head and my faux hair, too. But that's just me!)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.