• VocalEyes
    I hear about using silicone to keep your wigs from slipping. Does anyone know where you
    can buy it and how can you permanently attach it to the wig? I’ve used the ones with Velcro but they slip off my head.
  • MarthaG

I can't help with the silicone, but I can share what I sometimes do-I spray my hair heavily with ultra hold hairspray, then put on my wig and press it down hard for about 10 seconds. Once the hairspray dries, when I go to remove my wig, I have to peel it off. YMMV
  • VocalEyes
    Sounds like a great idea! I don’t have enough hair to do that so I keep my head buzzed. It hurts when I take the tape off though.
  • Misty
    Hi VocalEyes you can buy the Jon Renau silicone sheets from wigs.com . a 5 x 7 silicone sheet costs $36, and there is a larger sheet available as well. I cut the sheet to fit the nape area and hand stitch the cutout piece in place.This securely holds my wig in place, and stops any creepage. I will try and find the original discussion on this, and link for you.
  • Misty
    There is a whole discussion under the heading:

How to stop your wig creeping up the back of your neck?

BeatA shows a photo of the inside of her wig, and how she sews the silicone in, and that is what I have done as well. I have very little hair, so the silicone sticks very easily. It is so soft and comfortable. If you have hair at the nape of your neck, the silicone might not be for you. Hope this helps :hearts:
  • MarthaG
    Another thought, when a wig is popping off the top of your head, it's usually because it's too tight. I know it sounds counterintuitive, but loosening it may be the answer.

Because I use Got2Be Glued or Tensive Adhesive Gel to hold my synthetic wigs in place, I usually clip the edge of the wig cap just behind the ear or just above the nape.
  • VocalEyes
    Thanks Misty and MathaG!
  • BeatA
    yes definitely get the Jon Renau Silicone sheet it’s worth every penny. Get it when wigs.com does their everything 30% off sale. You can also stitch it into other areas of your wigs like the ear tabs or near the crown. It definitely helps prevent slipping especially when you have little to no hair and it feels super comfortable. Make sure you have the correct side ( more rubbery feeling) towards your skin when you sew it in. Good luck.
  • VocalEyes
    Thanks! I’ll do that.
  • Jess35wi
    Yep I put a piece of silicone at the nape! Works great
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.